I am having a problem trying to get desktop redirector to work correctly with desktop ... Desktop & Syncing forum

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3

Desktop Redirector problem...Current device is not "Active Device"

Advertisement

I am having a problem trying to get desktop redirector to work correctly with desktop manager 4.5 and my BB curve. The desktop software works fine except it thinks my "active device" is an old one I had over 2 years ago, so when I run redirector, it tries to send messages to that PIN.

When I first connected my BB after I installed the software, it asked if I wanted to update the PIN to the connected device, which I replied 'yes', but it does not take. The "connected device" is my current BB, but under "active device" it shows the old PIN from 2 years ago and it will not update.

I cannot find any other way, either in the desktop manager, redirector, or device manager, to update the "active device" PIN. Anyone know how to do this?

limonoah no está en línea Stack level 1
    Bump... did you figure this out? I have the same problem..

stevendreid no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had the same problem and could not resolve it. In the end I uninstalled the newer version of Destop Manager (4.7) and put back the old version 4.2. Using the old verion of the software everything worked just fine and the new device was set as my active device.