I want to be able to backup and also merge data from two Blackberry 8300 ... Desktop & Syncing forum

dalem no está en línea Stack level 1

CSV file does not include user defined fields

Advertisement

I want to be able to backup and also merge data from two Blackberry 8300 phones. My plan was to export the data files as csv (comma separated variable), do a merge and update, then write a new csv file for upload. I was going to use one of the "User Defined" fields to tag data that should only go to one of the two phones.

Last night I did a backup of the address book and found that even though the header line in the csv file has the "User Defined 1" (and 2,3,4) strings the data lines following that do not contain any data for those user defined fields.

I am running the latest desktop (V4.3 b24 without media manager). The 8300 firmware is old, V4.2.2.89 as I can't get it to upgrade. Three tries and the device always powers off during the upgrade and it is not successful. I don't know if that is because I am trying to accomplish this with a VMware session running Windows under a Linux host, but I suspect that the csv format is not related to the age of the phone firmware.

I can't synchronize to Outlook as I don't have that.

Does anyone know a way to:
    1) Get the CSV file to include ALL fields from the address book, or
    2) Convert the .ipd to text and back to ipd, or perhaps parse the .ipd file with PERL?

kneidel no está en línea Stack level 1
    Funny, I had the exact problem yesterday when I was trying to uploud my contacts to my curve 8330