I need help with my BB 7100t. i downloaded desktop software from BB site, and ... Desktop & Syncing forum

caribtrader no está en línea Stack level 1

Post Connecting to desktop

Advertisement

I need help with my BB 7100t. i downloaded desktop software from BB site, and theyn i tried to sync my BB with my PC. However, my desktop manager will not open and the only message i see on BB is connecting to desktop. My BB appears to be frozeen and this message has appeared for 45 minutes, even after I disconnected the BB from the PC and restarted the BB. What should I do?

Felixtc no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Connecting to desktop

Caribtrader, First I would like to welcome to you to the wonderful world of Pinstack. Now that we have that out of the way on to your problem. You mentioned it is unable to start have you tried to see if the issue is USB related? Given that you are not able to open your manager I would have to recommend the following:

Task 3 - Update the USB Driver
    To update the USB driver, complete the following steps:
    1. In the BlackBerry Device Manager window, complete one of the following conditions:
      • If an Unknown Device icon appears:
      1. Disconnect the BlackBerry device from the USB cable.
      2. Perform a hard reset on the BlackBerry device. For instructions, see KB02141.
      3. Reconnect the BlackBerry device to the USB cable. The Unknown Device icon should disappear from the BlackBerry Device Manager window.

• If an Other Devices icon appears, double-click the Other Devices icon and proceed with step 2 above.
      • Otherwise, double-click Universal Serial Bus Controllers.

2. Double-click RIM Handheld.
    3. On the RIM Handheld Properties window, click the Driver tab.
    4. Click Driver Details.
    5. Verify that the RimUsb.sys driver file is located in the following location: C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\
      If the RimUsb.sys file is not located in this location, uninstall and delete the USB driver as described in Task 5. Otherwise, continue updating the driver.
    6. Click Update Driver.
    7. Follow the instructions in the Upgrade Device Driver Wizard to update the USB driver.
    Task 4 - Uninstall the USB Driver If Task 3 does not resolve the BlackBerry device detection problem, complete the following steps:
    1. In BlackBerry Device Manager, double-click the RIM Handheld icon.
    2. In the RIM Handheld Properties window, click the Driver tab.
    3. Click Uninstall or Remove.
    4. On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK. The USB driver is uninstalled and the RIM Handheld icon disappears from the BlackBerry Device Manager.
    5. Disconnect and then reconnect the BlackBerry device using the USB cable. The USB driver is re-installed and a new RIM Handheld icon appears in BlackBerry Device Manager.
    Task 5 - Uninstall all USB Controllers
    If Task 4 does not resolve the BlackBerry device detection problem, complete the following steps:
    1. In BlackBerry Device Manager, double-click Universal Serial Bus Controllers. See the example image below.

2. Double-click the first controller inside Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
    3. Click the Driver tab.
    4. Click Uninstall.
    5. On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK.
    6. Repeat steps 2 to 5 for each controller inside Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
    7. After all the controllers have been uninstalled, close BlackBerry Device Manager and restart the computer. The USB controllers are re-installed automatically.

Task 6 - Uninstall the USB driver and reinstall BlackBerry Desktop Software
    If Task 5 does not resolve the BlackBerry device detection problem, complete the following steps:
    • In BlakcBerry Device Manager, double-click the RIM Handheld icon.
    • On the RIM Handheld Properties window, click the Driver tab.
    • Click Uninstall or Remove.
    • On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK.
    • Close BlackBerry Device Manager.
    • Re-install BlackBerry Desktop Software by completing the following steps:
      1. Open the Control Panel. Click Start > Settings > Control Panel.
      2. Double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon.
      3. From the list of currently installed programs, click BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
      4. Click Change/Remove.
      5. In the InstallShield Wizard, click the Repair option.
      6. Click Next.
      7. Once the software has finished installing, click Finish.
    • Disconnect and then reconnect the BlackBerry device using the USB cable.
    Task 7 - Perform a Clean Uninstall of BlackBerry Desktop Software
    If Task 6 does not resolve the BlackBerry device detection problem, complete the following steps:
    1. Perform a clean uninstall of BlackBerry Desktop Software. For instructions, see KB02206.
    2. Restart the computer.
    3. Download the latest BlackBerry Desktop Software and service packs from your wireless service provider’s web site.
    4. Install the software by double-clicking the downloaded file and following the installation wizard. For more information, see the Installing the Desktop Software section in the BlackBerry Desktop Software Release Notes.
    5. Disconnect and then reconnect the BlackBerry device using the USB cable.
    Task 8 - Verify the USB port version of the computer In the BlackBerry Device Manager window, click the + (plus sign) next to USB controllers. You will see a list of the USB ports installed on your computer. The information in this list will help you to determine what version your ports are, as follows:
    • If your USB port name contains Universal Host, then your port is version 1.1.
    • If you see both Universal Host and Enhanced Host, then it is version 2.0.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b