Can my desktop manager be used for my Pearl and Curve including, but not limited ... Desktop & Syncing forum

citymotors no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Can DM manage pearl and curve?

Advertisement

Can my desktop manager be used for my Pearl and Curve including, but not limited to updating new OS's for both? I have already updated my pearl to OS 4.5.0.77. I would like to update the Curve as well. If I download the new OS for the Curve on the same DM will it mess anything up? Probably a dumb question, but I don't want to mess anything up.

Thanks in advance for your help.

In case it matters. The Pearl is with Alltel and the Curve is with Sprint.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I do it on two different profiles on my pc but I do believe you can on just one. I am sure someone will have a better detaiked answer shortly.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Yes I manage my 8330 and my son's 8130 both on my one PC and under one profile. The desktop manager recognizes each one by PIN so it knows they are different and the carriers being different doesn't matter. The only thing I have found is that in the application loader it will list all applications added to the list for either blackberry. It won't automatically install them or anything, but for applications like themes that only work with certain models I just have to pay attention to which one I'm putting a check mark next to for installation.

For example, I downloaded a custom theme being made for my son onto his pearl so he could test it out. Now when I plug my curve in to the DM, his theme is in the list of applications but not with a check mark.

So moderncowboy, does using different PC profiles avoid that? I haven't tried that and so far it's been pretty clear to me by title which are mine and which are his. He has his own profile set up on the computer, but we never switch them for some reason.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Thank you for your answer. Perhaps you could help me with one more question. I had a tough time locating the Vendor file when I updated my OS on my pearl. I found it, but honestly, don't know if I could again! Is there an easy way to locate this?
    Thanks again!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    You should very easily find it by navigating the files in your computer. C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Thanks for your help!

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Actually azstar I haven't noticed but when I get home tonight I will check it out and get back to ya'll on it.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~