Hello, I successfully transferred my address book from my Blackberry to my desktop, but can't ... Desktop & Syncing forum

drjamie03 no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Bluetooth address book transfer location

Advertisement

Hello,
    I successfully transferred my address book from my Blackberry to my desktop, but can't find it on my desktop. There is a new folder in My Documents for "Bluetooth Exchange Folder", which is where I would think it would be, but there's nothing in there. Any ideas about where it would be saved on the PC?

Malluco no está en línea Stack level 2
    i have a diferent case.
    i have a bluetooth adapter and, i can to transfer to my blackberry to my pc, but, i cant to transfer anything my pc to bb!! the unic thing that i can to transfer pc to blackberry is the Visit Card =S

anybody has the same problem???

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    drjamie...the bluetooth transfer of address book is not supported from device to device or device to pc. The only way to transfer your contacts to your desktop using bluetooth is to use desktop manager and synchronize it with outlook or yahoo or another supported mail format.

for malluco when you try to transfer a file to your device you have to make sure you go in to the media application on the blackberry device and then in to the appropriate section (by this I mean if you are sending a picture you need to be in pictures, for songs you need to be in music) once you are in the appropriate group you need to bring up the menu and select "Receive Using Bluetooth" if you don't do this it will not work.

Interesting...when I connect my Blackberry to the PC via bluetooth, it indicates that it HAS transferred the address book to the PC, but I can't find the file anywhere.

How are you transferring you address book. What option are you selecting to do this?

Manage Connection>Bluetooth Option>Desktop>Transfer Address Book
    It then goes to 'Generating Address Book' and then to 'Transferring Address Book"

As I said, it does transfer something somewhere!

Quote Originally Posted by drjamie03 View Post
    Manage Connection>Bluetooth Option>Desktop>Transfer Address Book
    It then goes to 'Generating Address Book' and then to 'Transferring Address Book"

As I said, it does transfer something somewhere!
    I don't even see that option in my blackberry. But either way I'm pretty sure the address book transfer is only a feature supported for Car Kits it isn't meant for transferring to a pc.

It even says so in this article :

Contacts in the address book can only be shared with Bluetooth enabled car kits

Doc ID : KB05343
    Last Modified : 2007-05-16
    Document Type : What Is

Print this page

Environment

• BlackBerry® device with Bluetooth® wireless technology
    • Bluetooth enabled car kits
    Note: For information on which BlackBerry devices contain Bluetooth wireless technology, see KB03389.

Details

Contacts in the BlackBerry device address book can only be shared with Bluetooth enabled car kits. Contacts cannot be shared with any other Bluetooth enabled devices (e.g., other BlackBerry devices, third-party Bluetooth enabled devices, or Bluetooth enabled laptop computers).
    How to Share Your Address Book

To share contacts with a paired Bluetooth enabled car kit, complete the following steps on the BlackBerry device:
    1. On the BlackBerry device Home screen, click Options > Bluetooth.
    2. Display the menu and click Options.
    3. Set the Address Book Transfer field to one of the following options:
      • All Entries - Share all the contacts in your BlackBerry device address book
      • Hotlist Only - Share contacts that you have had contact with recently over the phone
      Note: When paired with a Bluetooth enabled device that is not a car kit, the Address Book Transfer field can only be set to Enabled or Disabled.
    4. Display the menu and click Save.

Additional Information

For a list of supported Bluetooth enabled car kits, see KB04009.
    Products & Services:

• BlackBerry Devices
    • Bluetooth

Hmmm. Okay, thanks. Seems it wouldn't be available if it didn't work...guess my address book is out there in cyberspace somewhere! :-)

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Older artical but I know it can be done, phone to phone, as long as the phones are paired , I know because when my wife and I got our phones, I was playing with it like mad and Remeber saying, oh honey, get your phone and accept this, then she chewed me out for a couple of days because we had a lot of the same contacts so it gave her doubles

You should be able to share it with any bluetooth device that has data push services,

Once you are pair with the device do your menu on that device in your bluetooth devices and the option should be there, to Transfer Address book.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>