Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

While the easiest way to manage your BlackBerry Address Book is to edit your Outlook ... Desktop & Syncing forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

003 How 2 edit my Address Book using Desktop manager?

Advertisement

While the easiest way to manage your BlackBerry Address Book is to edit your Outlook Contacts and then sync, you can also use the BlackBerry Desktop Manager to edit your Address Book directly. If you do this, when you next sync, these changes will propagate to your Outlook Contacts.

In order to edit your BlackBerry Address Book using Desktop Manager, follow these steps:

1. Cradle your device. If you have a password enabled, you must enter it before your device will connect to the desktop.

2. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager and double-click the Backup and Restore icon to bring up the Backup and Restore dialog box.

3. Click Advanced... . In the Backup/Restore dialog box, from the "Handheld Databases" field on the right, select Address Book, then click the left arrow button to copy it to the "Desktop File Databases" field on the left.

4. To open the Address Book for editing on your desktop computer, double-click it in the "Desktop File Databases" field on the left.

5. The Editing Address Book dialog box opens, in which you can create, edit, and delete entries, or import from your Outlook Address Book or other personal information manager. Click Close when you are finished.

6. The changes you make only affect the version of your Address Book on your desktop until you transfer it to your BlackBerry, either by clicking the right arrow, or by restoring it as part of a full restore. For instructions on backing up and restoring data on your BlackBerry, see the Knowledge Base document How do I back up and restore Blackberry data?

atwageman no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    40107E8F

Re: 003 How 2 edit my Address Book using Desktop manager?

I can't get these instructions to work for me. I don't have outlook so I thought this maybe an easy way of adding contacts to my BB. When I double click on the "desk top file databases" nothing happens. Any help would greatly be appreciated. I'm using a 7100i from Nextel.

Quote Originally Posted by hydn
    While the easiest way to manage your BlackBerry Address Book is to edit your Outlook Contacts and then sync, you can also use the BlackBerry Desktop Manager to edit your Address Book directly. If you do this, when you next sync, these changes will propagate to your Outlook Contacts.

In order to edit your BlackBerry Address Book using Desktop Manager, follow these steps:

1. Cradle your device. If you have a password enabled, you must enter it before your device will connect to the desktop.

2. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager and double-click the Backup and Restore icon to bring up the Backup and Restore dialog box.

3. Click Advanced... . In the Backup/Restore dialog box, from the "Handheld Databases" field on the right, select Address Book, then click the left arrow button to copy it to the "Desktop File Databases" field on the left.

4. To open the Address Book for editing on your desktop computer, double-click it in the "Desktop File Databases" field on the left.

5. The Editing Address Book dialog box opens, in which you can create, edit, and delete entries, or import from your Outlook Address Book or other personal information manager. Click Close when you are finished.

6. The changes you make only affect the version of your Address Book on your desktop until you transfer it to your BlackBerry, either by clicking the right arrow, or by restoring it as part of a full restore. For instructions on backing up and restoring data on your BlackBerry, see the Knowledge Base document How do I back up and restore Blackberry data?

infernox no está en línea Stack level 3

Double clicking the dbase on the left side when it's moved there, does not open up any editing app. It just does nothing. Any ideas?
    9000 Bold / v4.6.0.297 / at&t

dribnus no está en línea Stack level 1

I am running into the same problem. I like the concept, but can't get anything to work with it.

mbecsk no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2340A8F8

Same thing here. 7100i

atwageman no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    40107E8F

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I'm starting to think the instructions are bogus.

xaurav no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20374F8B

infernox , are you talkin bout clickin .ipd files??

antwanp no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23DE5589

Doesn't work for me here either... I'm using a 7105t.

infernox no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by xaurav
    infernox , are you talkin bout clickin .ipd files??
    I don't think so. I am just following the instructions on the initial posting. So far, no one has anyone following the instructions.
    9000 Bold / v4.6.0.297 / at&t

nxv65 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4013e488

nop it doesn't work as far as i can tell

BCoop8184 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32B12DA7

I can't get these instructions to work either, maybe this was disabled with some update since these instructions were posted.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

I tried it as well, and the last part I can get to work is #4, when you try to double-click the Address Book database on the left side of the screen. When I try to double-click nothing happens. I dont have any other types of BB's to try, but I have 7100 also.

merlik no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204AEA28

Anyone know if these instructions work with the BB 8100?

E-D
    E-D no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    323707C8

I have a 8100. It doesn't work.
    Pin:323707C8

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Using DM 4.2 to Sync with ASCII Files.

Ok, This is based on DM 4.2. If you don't have a PIM on your PC, but still want to edit your Contacts or Calendar on your PC, you can set up your syncronization settings to sync with an Character Separated AscII text file. It's one of the options for the Configure Settings in the Syncronization App.

It Works, I just exported my Address book to a Comma Separated Text File and opened it in Excel.

You can find detailed instructions in the Help section of DM, but set up is no different from setting up for Outlook, except you have to declare the separation character. Be careful on which character you use. Make sure it's not in one of the fields in your address book.

Now, do I want to create my own PIM in an Access Database?. Why Bother I have Outlook, But I could do it if I needed a free PIM.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast