Hi. I bought a 7105t phone off ebay. Ive reinstalled the operating system as well ... BB Error Codes forum

tomkalho no está en línea Stack level 1

SMI and Abort exception errors

Hi.
    I bought a 7105t phone off ebay. Ive reinstalled the operating system as well i have wiped it prior. It had an OLD OS on it and had been locking up and turning off by itself as well if i turned it off it would not turn on again. it was 4.1.0.309. I hope with this installation that all these woes go away.

Any suggestions?

Tom

ehadden no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32B84624

Re: SMI and Abort exception errors

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Are you getting an abort error script?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

I have not received any of those errors, however ive had 1 prefetch error and 1 device 400 error. The oddest thing is i leave it overnight in my blackberry holster, and the error is there in the morning. last night at work, the thing locked up inside the holster. Its like a ghost is living in it, its something different. The phone works good, its just really odd once in awhile with this. Im not sure if i should send it away for diagnostic tests, or if I should try to get my money back. I saw one site that said it could be defective hardware, but im not sure if its just bugs or something else... i dont want to abandon it yet, because ive seen many things have issues than suddenly dissapear or even with simple OS fixes. Im not a Blackberry expert, but ive dealt with many software/hardware problems. Im troubleshooting this one, but i need some help wondering whether this is a hardware defect or simply software.

Thanks,
    Tom

Yes i was getting an abort error, with the reset option. Im not sure if this will surface again. The oddest thing is when it locks up, and i have to take the battery out and reset it. Its friggen annoying.

Note: ive only really received these errors when ive left the bloody thing overnight and suddenly by morning it is a lit screen with these errors.

I really wish theyd show firmware fixes when downloading the OS.

Update: Ive wiped it with the JL_cmd program. Than ive reinstalled it. This time it did things different, as if nothing was really installed. I shall see what happens.