Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

i got a bit of an update. the guy who gave this to me said ... BB Error Codes forum

flyhockeyguy no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Red LED light giving me a code

Advertisement

i got a bit of an update. the guy who gave this to me said it had "a bit" of water damage. the phone slowly stopped working for him. He could recover it by performing a cold-boot. Eventually, he just got the red indicator code that I am now trying to deal with.

BubbaGump64 no está en línea Stack level 1

I let the phone sit for an hour while I went out to eat and when I got back, it was still sitting there doing nothing. I have no LED light on whilst connected via USB. How can I tell if the phone is actually being detected? Because USB-PIN:UNKNOWN came up? Also, forgive my ignorance, I ran JL_CMDer and ran it as suggested. The Command Prompt (DOS screen) came up briefly only to disappear rapidly. Is that all there is to it or am I supposed to do something else? I would imagine that the phone has to be connected (obviously) for it to work, but do I need to do anything else? Again, any input is appreciated. If you have an idea of what could be wrong, I would really, really appreciate it if you could AIM me at texan647 to expedite the process of getting it fixed. If not, that's all right too.

Thanks,
    Bubba

bubba, i ran into that problem as well with my old blackberry. i couldn't connect with jl cmder, and apploader would just hang. the way i got over that problem was to wipe the OS. i guess it was a bit of a fluke that I got it wiped, but the way I got it done was to remove a small battery from the board, put the bb battery back in, and try to turn it on. I wouldn't recommend to do this, as most people on these boards can probably help you with finding a solution. Once I got the error 507, i soldered the battery back onto the board, and reinstalled the OS. It has worked ever since.
    Once again, I wouldn't recommend this method until you have exhausted all other alternatives.
    Someone might have a tip for you with jl cmder and I believe that would get the job done for you.

flyhockeyguy, I appreciate the help and only wish I was as good with hardware as I am software, but if I were to attempt to solder and remove components from the board, I am 100% sure I would completely destroy the phone. lol. I guess I will keep on trying to wipe it and reading up on possible solutions. Again, if anyone else has some suggestions, I'm all ears.

-Bubba

Ok, I've got a little bit of an update, although, I'm not sure how much it helps. I ran AppLoader and instead of just freezing for an hour it gave me the error code, "A:0x0000000E". This was right after the "Load JVM and System Software" progress bar was completed. So if anyone has an idea of what is going on, please let me know. The phone is no longer under warranty, so if I can't fix it, I guess I have to get a new phone.

i've been looking on the official blackberry technical support site. is there no way to email them with your situation? do you actually have to pay for technical assistance? they would have to know what kind of a code the status indicator is giving me

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

thanks everyone for their support. i think this one is hooped and headed to the recycling yard. it is no longer under warranty and RIM charges a base of $200 for repair alongside rogers $25 admin fee. its seems like such a waste to throw it out though. if only RIM would publish codes so I could know what to attempt to repair it. i guess they dont want people to fix it themselves. pity

KriK no está en línea Stack level 3

flyhockeyguy, where are you located? East or West coast?

west coast. vancouver, bc

KriK no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by flyhockeyguy View Post
    west coast. vancouver, bc
    If you'd like to bring that 8100 down to my shop I'll have my tech see what he can do for you on it.

I'm located at 5276 Kingsway, it's the Fido Repair Centre.

Any questions PIN me, 252179b1

Hey that would be great, i didn't check the post as I had given up on it. I will have to drop by sometime soon. Thanks!

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Give it up it is dead and it won't work

perfect example of why you don't give up. i fixed it.

So what I think happened, was the casing (red x in it) had loosened up a bit. There was a chip beneath, located where I have placed the red x, that had thermal paste? that wasn't in contact with the casing anymore. If you are getting the same code as I was having, give this a try:

1. Remove the phone's case (or just the battery) so you have access to the troubled component.
    2. Put some pressure down on the casing, right on the red x, to create the contact again.
    3. Plug in usb charger, or usb cable.

The phone should startup and tell you that you have no battery in the device.
    If you get this far successfully, you have located the problem.
    What I did to correct this, was remove the casing completely, and I created a bit of a solder lake inside, so that when I put the casing back on, the solder would contact the back of the troubled component. To have the casing hold up, I just ran a bit of solder along the edges (which doesn't really hold up that great). Or you could maybe superglue around the edges? It's just blank pcb board anyways.

Hopefully this may help a couple of individuals.
    This 20 dollar purchased turned out to be a good one, because now I have a second 8100, and on top of that, it's unlocked. SWEET

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Wow congrats ill try that on my sis's then

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12