could anyone explain to me like im three years old. why cant i use picture ... BB Error Codes forum

emztymeoutca no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204bf0d2

Question pearl 8100 is one expensive paperweight

could anyone explain to me like im three years old. why cant i use picture messages, browse online down load junk just got pearl 8100 previous cheap motorola flip i can do all. last two weeks ive been stair'n at this paperweight that jingle ooohhh how cool???? PLEASE

rabbie303 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Re: pearl 8100 is one expensive paperweight

do you have a data plan? what OS are you running?

when i fist got my pearl i had to call my provider and have them add everything in the system.
    ~Erich~
    ---60% of the time it works every time--

becca415 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a0b3b4

Yeah it sounds like nothings been set up. My browser and media net showed up after I registered my email ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Blog Entries

Whoa....slow down.

First off...like rabbie said you need to purchase a data plan from your carrier which is 19.99 or 29.99 depending on your carrier.

For picture messaging if you have Tmobile then you won't need a data plan, but you have to call them to activate the blackberry enabler to actually be able to send and receive MMS.

With AT&T you need to get the data plan to be able to send and receive picture messages.

It all comes down to getting a data plan, or you can't download or surf the internet.

Good luck
    ~red

TACHAG1979 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have to agree with redd dog. He is right

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    Blog Entries

Im in the same boat, datapalns are mighty expensive thou in canada, its 25 CAN for .5mb of data !!!!!!!!!!! So far thats why i am willing to trade my peart for a Palm OS based system. And just to HIjack the thread, is palm updatable like blackberry os ?

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

yep. you need a data plan buddy of your on anything besides tmobile. Totally agree with reddogg
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

Richman777 no está en línea Stack level 1

I was in the same boat with AT&T. I had their unlimited text/picture messaging (not the MediaNet one) and after playing with the phone, I couldn't resist. I got the 39.99 plan (Unlimited Data + 1500 txt) and removed the unlimited text messaging (19.99) so its an increase of $20 a month. Honestly, its worth every penny. Once you have all the features you really will understand how amazing the things are.

I tried everything I could to get picture messaging to work without a data plan and with AT&T that just isn't possible. You can't get the MMS service books without a blackberry data plan through them. I was kind of angry to see the iPhone plan that correlated to what I have being $20 cheaper but a) it only comes with 200 txt messages and b) the first gen iPhone doesn't do A LOT of the stuff the Pearl's do. The way I see it too is I got my Pearl free through NewEgg and that $20 * 2 year contract (required for the iPhone) is only $480 which is still less than the cost of the base iPhone so I consider it a bargain.

I know that last little bit was kind of off-topic with the Pearl but it might help put costs in perspective because I know before I had my data plan I thought the cost was a little high.

Edit: Also, seriously the second I got off the phone with AT&T and did a hard reset, the service books were sent and I got an SMS saying my device had been registered. The guy at AT&T was awesome and told me everything I needed to do just so you know.
    Last edited by Richman777; 06-28-2007 at 07:42 AM.

PIN/ID
    204bf0d2

Sry all for the delay couldnt find this sight after day registered. Ty all 4 your info... I do however have Tmobile yet it is prepaid. My previous razor had no prob utilizing all features, but now cant even check remaining mins cuz cant even acess tzone. PLS HELP

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

On prepaid you will be unable to use the data features of a BB device. It just is not possible since a BB routes all data through a BB server. On contract they created a special provision to allow customers to use the data features without having the data plan. They created a special setup for the Sidekick to be able to work on prepaid but haven't done it for any other PDA.

Zo

PIN/ID
    204bf0d2
    I recently remembered that i had this wonderful site i am registered at. So forgive my delay response to all who took the time to help me out. I did finally discover i needed to purchase the rim data plan. Sheesh now!!! Now!!! there is no other phone for me... which bring me to knew questions??? Please give me some time to found out how to post: > thank u all again