I own a tmobile 8100 pearl however when i try to unlock it doesn't work. ... BB Error Codes forum

pau5 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    edgeUser

MEP Code at 5/7 tries to unlocking TMobile BB 8100

I own a tmobile 8100 pearl however when i try to unlock it doesn't work. This is the code sent from my sister that lives in the states under service provider Tmobile so she was able to get me an unlock code however it doesn't work.

Do I need her registered sim to unlock it with the matching device? is there any other way I can perform the unlocking without it?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Blog Entries

Re: MEP Code at 5/7 tries to unlocking TMobile BB 8100

It may not work since it was sent for her BB (or whatever phone she has). Each unlock code is unique for the device that is to be unlocked.

PIN/ID
    edgeUser

I provided the IMEI# which I identified from the TMO's 8100 I want to unlock though.

I want to understand if it is required for a TMO sim to be placed in the phone while unlocking.

I read on another post it isn't require however I do not understand why the code from TMO is not working.

arrggghh

thank you for responding

cheers

wapo no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2054ADE5

Don't know if this helps

How to Enter Unlock Codes on BlackBerry 8100, 8110, 8120 Pearl:

• Go to Options Menu => Advanced Options
    • In the SIM Card menu, hold down the shift (right of the zero, cap) press meppd
    • You'll see the unlocking level screen there you hold the ALT key (left side below @) type mepp2 (*You won't see any text while you are typing either one of these.)
    • Type in the 16 or 8 digit unlock code and your phone is unlocked!
    or

• Insert SIM into device
    • Power phone on and Turn off the radio (Turn Wireless Off option) VERY IMPORTANT.
    • Select "Options" THEN SELECT ADVANCED OPTIONS
    • Scroll down and select "SIM Card"
    • Type "MEPPD" (please note that you will not see what you type on the screen)
    • Type "MEPP then [ALT BUTTON] then "2" (please note that you will not see what you type on the screen)
    • Enter the Unlock Code
    • Press enter
    • Reboot device. Device is now unlocked.

How to Enter Unlock Codes on T-Mobile BlackBerry 8100 Cell Phones (alternative instructions if above instructions do not work):
    • Can be done without a sim card inserted.
    • While on the home screen, click the “blackberry key” on keyboard, then select “options”.
    • Choose “Advanced Options”.
    • Select “Sim Card”
    • There is no area to type these letters, you just type them as instructed. No need to hit keys twice to get a letter either. Type m e p p d to display the first five levels of SIM locking. Most companies use network locking so the Network should display Active. All other states should display Disabled (you will not see text appear on screen while typing)
    • Type m e p p 2 to display the dialog box asking for the unlock code (Press the Alt + 2 key to get the number 2) ( you will not see text appear on screen while typing )
    • Input the SIM Unlock code
    • Press in the trackball in once

Yamari no está en línea Stack level 1

When you press MEP it will not display on the screen. Also when you do the MEPP2, this will also not display. You must continue with the steps and it will verify if unlocked properly. If you are not sure please call in because you can permanantly lock your phone.

ray_1060 no está en línea Stack level 2

There is no need to hold down the caps button when typing meppd, or meppd2. I've tried it holding down the caps and I can't get it to work but without holding the caps it works everytime.

PIN/ID
    edgeUser
    Hey all,
    these unlocking procedures is provided from TMO however I dont think the code they sent me works or not. I followed through those steps carefully and after the mepp2 to type in the code theres a window that says error.

What I want to determine if the code is bad or do I need a TMO'S Sim to work?

Thanks all for responding.
    "to try and fail is a part of being successful"

krazyegg no está en línea Stack level 1
    go on ebay and buy from swiftsales714. he is the best tmobile bb unlocker.

ray_1060 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Once you press meppd it should bring up a personalization list, if it the network sais disabled then its already unlocked. You could have your sis call back and request it again, as if she never requested one before b/c maybe she got the ime# wrong when she requested it the first time.

JCG3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    are you with T-mobile? i got mine a weeks or so ago and it worked like a charm and very simple. if you are then just call them to get it. they should be able to help you figure it out. if you are on a phone with a different carrier you may have to go third party.

leob no está en línea BES Pro
    I've received unlock codes for T-Mobile BB's in the past. There was one occasion where they did send me the wrong unlock codes. I just contacted T-Mobile customer care and they were able to get me correct codes. I'm not certain if they will give you codes if you are not currently a T-Mobile customer but definetely worth a shot since they sent the wrong codes.

To answer your question on needing a T-Mobile sim in the device when unlocking, no this is not necessary. Every time I've unlocked a BB I had another carrier's sim inserted.

Hope this helps.