JVM523 is the result of an icon/program loaded on your blackberry that is not compatible ... BB Error Codes forum

evilsandwich no está en línea Stack level 1

JVM 523 fix

JVM523 is the result of an icon/program loaded on your blackberry that is not compatible with your current theme.

You'll notice that you only get the JVM error when you scroll to a certain icon.

First, figure out which icon causes the error. Not a big mystery here, just scroll until your BB resets.

For instance, i can scroll to the eMSN icon flawlessly, but then when i try to scroll from the eMSN icon to the Yahoo Messenger icon, it resets. This means the eMSN icon/program is the defective one.

Now that we have figured it out, we have some options.

We are using eMSN as an example, as it was the defective program in my blackberry 7100i. Replace eMSN in the following steps to whichever program gives you the trouble.

1- change your theme to something that supports the icon.
    But what if your "options" icon is passed your eMSN icon? And everytime you try to get to "options" your BB resets?
    no problem, hold the SHIFT key and scroll down. this will bypass the entire line of icons. Also very useful to scroll to the bottom quickly. Now you should be able to get to your Options to change your theme.
    *it also might be wise to set up your CONVENIENCE KEY (the one between the send/end buttons on your keypad) to be a shortcut to your Options. This can be achieved by going to your Options: Screen/Keyboard: Convenience Key Opens: Options.
    ***Many themes did not support eMSN, so you might have to keep changing themes until you find one that DOES support it. This is why its a good idea to set up your convenience key to OPTIONS, to get faster results. (Your convenience key is the black key with the white stripe in it - which is located between the GREEN "send" key and the RED "end key"

2-HIDE the icon. Scroll to the eMSN icon, hit the SHIFT key and then CLICK the scroll wheel. This brings up the option to hide the program.

3-DELETE PROGRAM. Once again you have to get to your Options: Advanced: Applications: Highlight eMSN: Click Scroll Wheel: Delete.
    This is what I did. I weighed my options and figured that this would be the best thing to do

I guess there would be the 4th option to MOVE the icon to the very end. I have not tested this though so it might not work. It can be done by Highlighting eMSN, hold shift + click wheel, select the move icon option, then scroll it to the end of the list. I wouldnt suggest this, even if it does work.

Hope I helped if you're havin this problem!

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Re: JVM 523 FIX - STOP WIPING YOUR BBs!!!

Great work thanks for the post.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Re: JVM 523 fix

Thanks for the information and a solution to the issue.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

kercus05 no está en línea Stack level 2

cant run the application at all

kercus05 no está en línea Stack level 2

help me plz

KatyEnochs no está en línea Stack level 2

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!! I JUST GOT THAT ERROR AND THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO LOSE EVERYTHING!!!! YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER (LOL!) Anyways, you did bring up something that i have been trying to figure out as well. How can i change what is on my main menu? There are some programs that i don't want to delete, but i don't need them there all the time, is this possible??? Also, if so, then how do i get to those programs after they aren't on the menu?

Thanks in advance!

Katy

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Blog Entries

Katy, What theme are you using? This is Theme dependent. Some themes such as Icon themes, you can't change what is shown on the Home Screen. But with others, such as ZEN, you can by using the Options/Configure Applications.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

KatyEnochs no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Katy, What theme are you using? This is Theme dependent. Some themes such as Icon themes, you can't change what is shown on the Home Screen. But with others, such as ZEN, you can by using the Options/Configure Applications.

Rcbjr.
    I actually figured it out (for once lol) but thanks for trying to help! I am sure I will be asking TONS more questions, so be prepared (jk, )

blueberry5 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: JVM 523 fix

thanks so much for that!!! you make evil seem good!

Longchaco no está en línea Stack level 1

Thank you very much. You are numer one