Sorry I know this is a common post. I have looked around on the forums ... BB Error Codes forum

freakydekey no está en línea Stack level 1

Question JVM 513 ERROR, Im new and not very smart.

Sorry I know this is a common post. I have looked around on the forums and canty follow any of the directions and keep having problems. I have the BB Desktop Manager downloaded thats as far as i have gotten. I know i screwed my BB up by not knowing my password. Just need better guidance of how to reload this thing. I appreciate the help.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Blog Entries
    So you are wanting to reinstall your Operating system?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

yes i do.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Blog Entries
    Did a little reading and it looks like that is your only choice.To get the OS for your device go here find your carrier and OS and install it to your pc. Then go here to learn how to do this. If you need any help there are plenty of us here that can help you. Also it might be a good idea to go tomy tools and update your profile with device carrier and operating system you are using. So its easier to help you.

Update- If you get the correct Operating system for your device there is no need to worry about step #5.
    Last edited by moderncowboy; 11-04-2008 at 03:23 PM.

I appreciate the help. It just so happens that the verizon website is giving me a 404 error on the software link. I just updated my profile but i have an 8830 and verizon.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Blog Entries
    If you want to stick to your original device software looks like you will have to wait for them to fix the link to there OS page. If you just want your device up and running you can use any other 8830 operating system from any carrier. Then you would follow same instructions including step #5.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Blog Entries
    Try it again I just went there and entered my # as 000-000-0000 since I am not on VZ and it allowed me to download.

I used internet explorer instead of firefox and it is working. Slowly downloading and I have to go to class so its gonna be a while before i get to it. Thanks alot i will keep updated how i make out.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by freakydekey View Post
    I used internet explorer instead of firefox and it is working. Slowly downloading and I have to go to class so its gonna be a while before i get to it. Thanks alot i will keep updated how i make out.
    Well if I'm not on and you have issues someone will jump in and help you out. Keep us posted. Good luck and remember patience. It can take awhile sometimes to reinstall.

I went to the Verizon Store and they are shipping me a phone for free haha. Easy fix. I appreciate the help and from now on i will know my password and sync my blackberry once a week. Thanks again!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Blog Entries
    Hey good deal just wish we coulda fixed it. Oh well a new berry is a new berry. Remembering the password might be a pretty good idea ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~