What causes the error message when sending a message "transaction error-failure at service"? Problem: After ... BB Error Codes forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Blog Entries

Post Guide to: "transaction error-failure at service"

What causes the error message when sending a message "transaction error-failure at service"?

Problem: After sending a message, you receive the following error in the Message Status field within the message on your BlackBerry Wireless Handheld™:
    " Transaction error - failure at service "
    An X appears in the message list signifying the message was not sent.

Summary of Causes

The error can occur due to one or more of the following causes:
    • temporary network issue
    • insufficient BlackBerry Enterprise Server access to the user’s Lotus Notes mail file
    • corrupt or out of date service book
    • new or modified IT Policy
    • insufficient permissions on the Exchange server for the BlackBerry Enterprise Server administration account

Cause: Temporary Network Issue

There is a temporary network issue. For example, heavy traffic on the network is causing delays in receiving email messages.

Resolution

Resend the message after the network issue is resolved.

Cause: Insufficient BlackBerry Enterprise Server access to the user’s Lotus Notes mail file

The BlackBerry Enterprise Server does not have manager access to your Lotus Notes mail file.

Resolution

To grant the BlackBerry Enterprise Server manager access to your Lotus Notes mail file:
    1. In the Lotus Notes® client, open your mail file.
    2. On the File menu, click Database > Access Control. The Access Control List window appears.
    3. Select Add. The Add User window appears.
    4. Select the Domino Directory and select the BlackBerry Enterprise Server for Lotus Domino.
    5. Click Add > OK.
    6. Click OK.
    7. From the User type drop-down list select Server.
    8. From the Access drop-down list select Manager and verify that the Delete documents option is selected.
    9. Click OK.

Cause: Corrupt or Out of Date Service Book

The service book on the handheld is corrupt or out of date.

Resolution

To update the service book on the handheld:
    1. On the Home screen, click Options and select Service Book.
    2. Delete the service book for your email account.
    3. Create a new service book on your handheld by following the procedure that corresponds to your mail environment:
    Microsoft Outlook or Lotus Notes Users
    1. Connect the handheld to your personal computer.
    2. In the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, click Redirector Settings > Security.
    3. Select Generate keys manually, and click Generate.
    4. Move the mouse to create a new encryption key.
    5. Click Apply > OK to save the settings.
    BlackBerry Internet Email Service Users
    1. Log in to your BlackBerry Internet Email Service account.
    2. Click Profile.
    3. On the Profile page, click Send Service Book. You are notified on the handheld after the service book has been sent.
    4. On the handheld Home screen, click Options > Service Book to accept the new service book.
    Internet Service Provider Email Account Users
    For integration with an existing Internet Service Provider (ISP) email account, please contact your service provider for further assistance.

Cause: New or Modified IT Policy

The IT Policy applied to the handheld has AllowOtherEmail Servicesoption set to Falseand a Service Routing Protocol (SRP) change on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server has occurred. If the user has been moved to a different BlackBerry Enterprise Server, the updated Desktop [CMIME] service book might not be applied to the handheld.

Resolution

To reinstall the handheld applications, back up the handheld data and run Application Loader.
    1. In the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, back up the handheld applications using Backup and Restore.
    2. Run Application Loader and verify that the Erase all application data and Erase all currently installed applications options are selected.
    3. On the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, apply a new policy.bin file with the AllowOtherEmailServices parameter set to True.
    4. Clear the service books from the handheld and generate a new encryption key.
    5. On the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, change the policy.bin file parameter back to AllowOtherEmailServices = False.
      Note: Do not restore the data to the handheld from the backup file until the handheld receives the new Desktop [CMIME] Service Book.

Cause: Insufficient Permissions

Your BlackBerry Enterprise Server administration account has insufficient permissions on the Exchange server.
    In a Microsoft Exchange 2000 and Exchange 2003 environment, your BlackBerry Enterprise Server administration account requires the View Only Administrator permission, as well as Send As, Receive As, and Administer Information Store permissions at the server level, mailbox store level, and public folder store level.
    In a Microsoft Exchange 5.5 environment, your BlackBerry Enterprise Server administrationaccount requires the Service Account Admin permission to the site container and configuration container.

Resolution

Grant the appropriate permissions to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server administration account by following the procedure that corresponds to your mail server environment.
    Note: You must be logged into the BlackBerry Enterprise Server with an account that can grant permissions to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server administration account.

Microsoft Exchange 2000 and Exchange 2003 Environment
    First, grant the BlackBerry Enterprise Server administration account the View Only Administrator permission. This will enable read access to the Microsoft Active Directory®.
    1. Open the Microsoft Exchange System Manager.
    2. Right-click an administrative group folder and click Delegate Control from the menu. The Exchange Administration Delegation Wizard appears.
    3. Click Next to continue the Delegate Control Wizard.
    4. Click Add. The Delegate Control screen appears.
    5. Click Browse. The Select Users, Computers or Groups screen appears.
    6. Select your BlackBerry Enterprise Server administration account from the list and click OK.
    7. On the Delegate Control screen, select Exchange View Only Administrator from the Role drop-down list and click OK.
    8. Click Next to continue and then click Finish.
    Second, grant Send As, Receive As, and Administer Information Store permissions at the server level.
    1. Open the Microsoft Exchange System Manager.
    2. Expand Administrative Groups.
    3. Right-click the Exchange server that will be hosting the BlackBerry users’ mailboxes and select Properties from the menu.
    4. Select the Security tab and click Add. The Select Users, Computers, or Groups screen appears.
    5. Select your BlackBerry Enterprise Server administration account and click Add.
    6. Click OK to return to the Properties window.
    7. In the Permissions section on the Properties window, grant the Send As, Receive As, and Administer Information Store permissions to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server administration account.
    Third, grant Send As, Receive As, and Administer Information Store permissions at the mailbox store level.
    1. In Exchange System Manager, right-click the mailbox store for the Exchange server that will be hosting BlackBerry users’ mailboxes and select Properties from the menu.
    2. On the Security tab, select the Allow inheritable permissions from parent to propagate to the object option.
    3. Click Add. The Select Users, Computers, or Groups window appears.
    4. In the Permissions section on the Properties window, grant the Send As, Receive As, and Administer Information Store permissions to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server administration account.
    Fourth, grant Send As, Receive As, and Administer Information Store permissions at the public folder store level.
    1. In Exchange System Manager, right-click on the public folder store that will be hosting the BlackBerry users’ folders and click Properties from the menu.
    2. Select the Security tab and click Add. The Select Users, Computers, or Groups window appears.
    3. Select the BlackBerry Enterprise Server administration account and click Add.
    4. Click OK to return to the Properties window.
    5. In the Permissions section on the Properties window, grant the Send As, Receive As, and Administer Information store permissions to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server administration account.

Microsoft Exchange 5.5 Environment
    First, grant the Service Account Admin permission to the site.
    1. Open Microsoft Exchange Administrator.
    2. Right-click the Site container and select Properties from the menu.
    3. On the Permissions tab, grant the Service Account Admin permission to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server administration account.
    Second, grant the Service Account Admin permission to the configuration container.
    1. Open Microsoft Exchange Administrator.
    2. Right-click the Configuration container and select Properties from the menu.
    3. On the Permissions tab, grant the Service Account Admin permission to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server administration account.

JudyH no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    300CD307

Re: "transaction error-failure at service"

What about "Transaction error - decryption error" message? This comes up when I try to send an email message from the handheld.

Judy
    BB7250 Sprint

vyperz no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    240F667B

Re: "transaction error-failure at service"

Problem
    You receive the following error on the handheld when attempting to send an email message:

Transaction error - Decryption failure

An X appears beside the sent email on the Messages screen.

Note: You experience no problems receiving email messages on the handheld.

Cause
    There is an encryption key issue with the desktop software.

Resolution
    Install BlackBerry Desktop Software version 4.0 service pack 1 or later and generate encryption keys manually three times.

OR

Install BlackBerry Desktop Software version 3.6 service pack 3a and generate encryption keys manually three times.

What you can do is DL Blackberry Desktop Software and Blackberry Handheld Software. Install both on your PC or laptop. Back up your blackberry data, then reinstall the Blackberry Handheld software.

DL your Sprint Blackberry 7250 Software here.

1 - Select 'Blackberry', then click Submit.
    2 - Locate the following:

- Blackberry Desktop Software, version 4.0.0.33
    - Blackberry Handheld Software, version 4.0.0.201

3 - Then download.

This worked on our users, hope this helps.

And welcome to pinstack.com JudyH!~
    vipz o';'o

Pinstack.com ~ where Blackberry Professionals Connect!
    Get your Pinstack Gear here!~

jeannine1969 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E28971

Re: Guide to: "transaction error-failure at service"

What about when you are sending a message using Peer-to-peer? What does transaction error mean? When I sent a PIN message it gave me the big red 'X' by the message. When I sent a message to a different BB user using peer-to-peer and it through OK.

miles_troope no está en línea Stack level 3

isn't the blackberry knowledgebase a wonderful thing?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Blog Entries

jeannine1969, Welcome to PinStack.

I think it means the same thing. Is the BB you sent the one that fails to on a BES? Is your BB on a BES?

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

crackberry7 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the help I will try this tomorrow much appreciated!

treschic no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: Guide to: "transaction error-failure at service"

helllp

I have recv'd an activation key for my blackberry pearl on the Bes server at work. I wiped off the blackberry and when I enter the activation key I get an error message. " server is not responding please contact administrator... My company tells me i have to contact Rogers to change something in my blackberry pearl 8100????.. any help would be appreciated

I'm on a blackberry plan with 25 mb data and unlimited incoming calls

Thanks
    Sheryl

marjo no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi
    I really need some help
    I just started with the BB its a company phone
    I decided to sync the unit with my pc to download the address book from my palm
    and it all worked well for a couple of days but today it stopped sending mail
    yes I messed with the intellsync some I'm not sure what I did but this is what I get

Transaction error - bad format
    An X appears beside the sent email on the Messages screen.

I experience no problems receiving email messages on the handheld.

PS its a blackberry 7100i