What does SOS mean? "Save Our Ship" or "Save Our Souls" or "Stop Other Signals"... ... BB Error Codes forum

vyperz no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    240F667B

Guide to: SOS Displayed on Blackberry

What does SOS mean? "Save Our Ship" or "Save Our Souls" or "Stop Other Signals"... Well, it can mean that, but SOS doesn't really mean anything, its just morse code. Everyone knows this, right?

If you see SOS displayed on your Blackberry (near the antenna bars), what does this mean?
    This allows you to make "Emergency Calls Only". And that's it.

Can you send/receive emails?
    No, you can not send or receive emails, because its not registered to the network. You can only send/receive emails and PIN messages when you have GPRS in CAPS.

Why does SOS appear though?
    It probably means you have a bad SIM (Subscriber Identity Module) card. You can take it back to the vendor you bought it from. Usually, they'll replace the SIM card at no cost. You can also turn your device off, and remove the battery. Then insert the battery back in to your device, so that the connectors align. This usually works, but if you see SOS again, then I would take it back to the vendor where you bought it from.

See below for more information on Blackberry Networks.

Thread: Newbie Network Questions, click here.
    Thread: Network Types Explained in Brief, click here.

Hope this helps.
    vipz o';'o

Pinstack.com ~ where Blackberry Professionals Connect!
    Get your Pinstack Gear here!~

ramireddy no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Guide to: SOS Displayed on Blackberry

Hai this is rami. i have problem with my blackberry device model name8700g. it shows sos error. can you help me.