I have a Blackberry 7290. Recently, it has begun popping up a message that reads ... BB Error Codes forum

Longchaco no está en línea Stack level 1

Error: "Uncaught exception: path must contain a slash"

I have a Blackberry 7290. Recently, it has begun popping up a message that reads "Uncaught exception: path must contain a slash". Googleing for this phrase returns zero results, and I am kind of at a loss as to what to do.

At the suggestion of another post (which this forum software is refusing to allow me to link ) I put the Cable and Wireless version of Blackberry OS 4.1 on the device. Since then, this message has repeatedly come up. The exact version is 4.10.256 (Platform 1.8.0.143). The C&W version was supposed to resolve errors I was getting about "Null pointer exception", which it did.

This error appears seemingly at random. I powered the device on, left it untouched for 15 minutes, and came back to see it on the screen. If I click OK repeatedly, it eventually goes away for a few minutes.

Has anyone ever heard of this error? Any ideas what I can do to resolve it?. Which was trigging the Null Pointer exception mentioned above. Some help would really be appreciated!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Blog Entries

Re: Error: "Uncaught exception: path must contain a slash"

Have you loaded any new applications lately that could be causing this? Possibly something that tries to connect to the internet? The only thing I found when I tried the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center was link to a PDF file for CDK for the BlackBerry WeB Browser. But i didn't find anything on how to correct the Path problem in the limited search I had time to do. You might try there some more. The is an KB article on null pointer but I didn't save the link the last time I looked it up.

Sorry.
    Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Blog Entries

Re: Error: "Uncaught exception: path must contain a slash"

[FONT='Times New Roman']The Exact cause you could possibly learn from a Lengthy phone call with RIM. To get rid of it or at least the best option for getting rid of it would be to reload the software on the blackberry, What ever the latest software for your 7290 is, may in fact be an Update to your device. A least reloading the software can not hurt. [/FONT]
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")