What is the current status of your device? Working? If not what does it do ... BB Error Codes forum
What is the current status of your device? Working? If not what does it do when you power up? What does the screen show? If working, what operating system is installed?
when i put the battery in theres the white screen with the hour glass as if it were restarting but it never gets the homescreen it gets to a screen that says error 523 reset i have os 18.104.22.168 on it and its a 8100
Well lets start with the steps below from this thread and see where we get....if this does not work I would suggest we wipe the device, but try this first...
1. Install the desktop software.
2. Install the handheld software. (If it is a non Vendor software.. exp. T-Mobile. search and delete the "vendor.xml" file.)
3. Pull the battery out of your device.
4. With the battery out connect the device to the computer.
5. Go to Options and select "connection settings"
6. Select USB PIN this may take a few moments since there is no battery in the device. you might even have to select detect device in some rare cases.
7. Select the application loader icon.
8. Select all software you want installed.
9. Proceed to the end portion untill you see the "Finish" button.
10. Very IMPORTANT. do not hit the finish button, instead select the ADVANCED button.
11. Make sure both boxes are checked.
12. Proceed until it asks you if you want to automatically back up and restore. Select DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY BACK UP MY HANDHELD.
13. Once the process starts. take care not to bump out the cord and re-insert the battery. Again on some rare occasions you might have to wait until it finishes saying connect to insert the battery.
THIS MAY FAIL THE FIRST OR SECOND TIME DONT WORRY JUST KEEP TRYING.
Last edited by GaryF; 01-10-2009 at 09:34 PM.
Reason: clean up appearance
yeah thats what i usually do when i get error 523 but this time it doesn't work
first it was because the os files weren't in the app loader to be loaded onto the phone and now it says that a connection cant be established
i've even changed usb cables and where they're connected
As i understand you have already tried those steps? Then I would go ahead now and try to wipe the device with JL_Cmder. If needed, how to and download links are in My Blog.
yeah i've already tried that numerous times..i have gotten that error so many times and everytime i've been able to reload the os
Sorry, you mean you already tried to java wipe the device or you already tried the steps in N8's thread?
Originally Posted by xxooxx0307
Also I see Cowboy had suggested you try to install your prior OS, did you try that with the same results?
Also please confirm does the install start and then fail, or are you not able to establish a connection at all?
java wipe and n8's thread and i got the same results with the prior os
Originally Posted by GaryF
i still can't establish a connection and i restarted my computer to see if it helps
i get this error using dm and app loader from rim folder: A connection to the device could not be established. Please ensure that the device is properly connected to the cradle or USB cable, and that the cradle or USB cable is connected securely to your computer. Also ensure that the device has completed any startup operations. Then run the Application Loader Wizard again.
Sounds like you have covered most of the bases. If you are on a laptop, have you verified your power managment settings are disabled? If you do a battery pull/replace and the re-connect to your PC just as the LED comes on sometimes that will do it. Otherwise I would do a clean uninstall of all RIM software. Remove all OS installs using Control Panel, and remove Desktop Manager using the steps found here:
Then install ONLY the device software you want and try the Loader app again.
Just a thought but would a low battery on the device effect anything?
Tags for this Thread