Hi, I own a BB 8707v in the OS 4.1. I was trying to download ... BB Error Codes forum

Hariharan3 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question DATA ABORT RESET in 8707v-Help pls

Hi,
    I own a BB 8707v in the OS 4.1. I was trying to download few themes lastnight from here. Looks like by mistake I downloaded the 4.2 OS theme. My BB got hung while doing it and later I realised its 4.2 OS. After few minutes my phone got off,and was trying to restart with the LED red on.to my shock then came a why screen with error message "DATA ABORT RESET". I tried taking the battery out and in again. Did that 'n' times still it shows me the same error message and takes me nowhere. Tried connecting the BB to my laptop, to my dismay it is not even recognised by the laptop.
    I am a newbie, can you please help me as soon as possible. I have lost hope now, coz my phone doesnt even start at all, just shows me the error message. Now I have just removed the battery and my BB is an empty box. Help me please.Thanks.
    Can anyone please help me with the solution as early as possible, do mail me at hariharan.giridharan@aon.co.uk
    Last edited by Hariharan3; 07-13-2007 at 08:54 AM.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Blog Entries

Re: DATA ABORT RESET in 8707v-Help pls

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Search for "How To Install OS When PC Does Not Recognize BB" or something close to that and there is a post with the solution.

Thanks for that EricaJ1073
    But am currently in office, will try that once back home.
    Is there anything else that can be done other than the hard reset, by taking out the battery and replacing it in. I understand it is a software problem.
    Any help on this?

jendiv no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23d6b1bb

I unfortunately did the same thing a few months back. I had to do a hard reset and lost everything. My service is with Cingular and I didn't contact them until I had already removed everything from my blackberry. Cingular connected me to blackberry help desk and they said if I ever had the problem again to get them first because they may know a way to keep from losing everything. Anyway, the long answer is you may want to contact your service provider for help. Hope that helps a little. Good luck.

mtaylor67 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Unfortunately the same thing happened to me when I downloaded themes to my BB. Got the same error and tmo tried everything to retrieve all of my data to no avail. I kicked myself for not backing up my data but tmo sent me a new phone.

Thanks alot guys!
    But Ericaj1073, I have tried all the steps that you have mentioned. Finally downloaded even the javaloader.exe and did accordingly. Unfortunately, when I connected my bb and did cmd.exe, and followed the command c:\javaloader -usb wipe. It gives me an error, Unable to open the port. Tried with the battery in and without as well.
    when I follow the procedure without battery in the bb, gives me an error - Unable to open the port(have checked the ports and it is all working fine).
    Inbetween when I tried placing the battery in and tried the command, it shows me "Connecting to Handheld"......forever......
    tried doing this "n" no of times and jus failed to get back my bb working.....have lost hope completely, as I think this is the only way to retrieve my bb back working......
    Or is that can you help me exactly with the sytax that I had to keying.....will see if that helps atleast. But I think I was right with the syntax, coz it was showing me connecting to handheld:-( but never got connected at all
    Can anyone help me pls.......desperately in need of help.....
    Thanks alot for all your replies...

MikeJ7 no está en línea Stack level 2

I did the exact same thing just weeks ago. Had Verizon on phone, Verizon replaced the phone. All went very smooth. I am on BES, so BES automatically did a restore after activation. If you are out of warranty, I believe your BB is now a brick.

Thanks Mike, but unfortunately am not on BES. And it is not on a contract, so thats not possible for me to get it replaced.
    I am just going to try a last option left with. I currently had 4.1 OS. But planning to install 4.2 Device manager and 4.2 Desktop manager and run it. I have a strong feeling that it should work then. Probably then my BB would be recognised, giving an upgradation of OS pop up.
    Would try them finally, else I am really scared that its gonna be a brick. Sad that my bb 8707v, an amazing BB would be of no use if at all.....:-(
    Has anyone do believe doing this could help me restore my BB working?? any comments or had anyone tried this trick?
    Fingers crossed, will let you guys know after I try this final option.
    Pray for me folks!
    Cheers