Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

i have (what sounds like) this exact same problem. when i put my battery back ... BB Error Codes forum

coolcat no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: BB Pearl app Error 523

Advertisement

i have (what sounds like) this exact same problem.
    when i put my battery back into my pearl 2 things happen
    1.hourglass, appears to be boooting up, then quickly shows the T-mobile
    logo
    2.all white screen reads "App Error 523", below which is an "option" to Reset, which is highlighted.

there is no way to un-highlight the reset option, and resetting isn't helping at all. pulling the battery and or 1 gig memory card out does nothing.

i can't dial, or do ANYTHING at all, and i'm away from my comp at school for the day. I can't even do an emergency dial.

--Is there any way to fix this?
    Is there any way to ensure my BB pearl will be there working when i wake up in the morning, or does everyone else just carry around a spare cell for emergencies?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

coolcat, Welcome to PinStack.

Follow the procedure in the post that is linked in Post # 2 of this thread.

or use this procedure, How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't recognize The Device Is Connected.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

eglide no está en línea Stack level 1

How often is this going to happen with my BB. I have only had it 2 weeks.

viktorv no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi,

I have this same problem. I have it with Optus in Australia and have a new 8100 Pearl for 2 weeks and it just threw the 523 error. I had a different Pearl and it was doing this, BUT then my pearl would no longer scroll up so I sent it away and got a new one. The old one would last a week or 2 tops and then do this. Now the new one does it!

Someone please help.. I know how to get it working again, however its not good as last time it did it I was away on business...

However any advice would be appreciated...

p.s I have just noticed there is new software out so will give that a go when it finishes downloading...

motivation no está en línea Stack level 1

how do i get this error im gettin on my bbpearl (app error 523) out and have my phone working need help asap

viktorv no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by motivation
    how do i get this error im gettin on my bbpearl (app error 523) out and have my phone working need help asap
    You have one of 2 ways, you can either wipe the device using the Application Loader and reinstall the system OR you can try and using the JavaLoader and go under the covers of the BB and remove the module (MMS in my case) and get it to power on again.

Mine seems to throw the 523's whenever I get a MMS ... so I have now removed this module off the phone!

Personal Message me if you want to know how to do it ..

Drageonboy no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by viktorv
    You have one of 2 ways, you can either wipe the device using the Application Loader and reinstall the system OR you can try and using the JavaLoader and go under the covers of the BB and remove the module (MMS in my case) and get it to power on again.

Mine seems to throw the 523's whenever I get a MMS ... so I have now removed this module off the phone!

id like to kno how to do the second thing u said with the javaloader instead of wiping the system i need my contacts intact. i would appreciate it if you could help me out!

Junior_4rmHtown no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by viktorv

HOW DO I DO IT?!!?......

i just download the JavaLoader,now what!?...
    how do i get started.....how will i know im actually in my Blackberry??......
    Last edited by EvolutionCSR; 08-01-2007 at 05:35 AM.

aarminjon no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the same 523 error on my new 8310 (Vodafone). So I understand I need to download the new OS... But I'm currently in China; Blackberry's website tells me I can't download. How's that? How can I download the software and make my terminal work again?

Many thanks for your help!
    Last edited by aarminjon; 11-28-2007 at 05:51 AM. Reason: Automerged.

ed1
    ed1 no está en línea Stack level 1

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NONE of this makes sense

i just want the links to fix it, no chatting, just links, fixed, done.

ratfink no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb Re: BB Pearl app Error 523

My experience was similar to many here, and finding the correct solution was a miserable pain. I agree with ed1 above that there's too much chatter and not enough assistance within these forums. So, I'll quickly recount my story and then provide the detailed steps on what I did to resolve the issue, and attaching the files I used along with some basic instruction on their usage.

Last night, using OTA I downloaded and installed a number of new themes on my T-Mobile 8320 (Curve). After working with them for a bit and deciding on the one I wanted to keep I began reoganzing the icon layout, including moving icons and hiding icons for apps I don't regularly use. At some point while configuring things I received a "java application exception", and it would not clear from the screen. I performed an ALT-SHIFT-DEL reboot of the device and after restart was presented with a nice white screen with simply the text "app error 523" and "reset" centered on the page. I clicked reset, which reset the device and ultimately put me back at the same screen. I removed the battery and did a hard reset of the device, again ending up at the same screen. The OS would never load and no icons, applications, service or anything would ever appear. The device, email and phone, were simply a handheld door stop now. So began the frantic search on the web...

(see broke.jpg attachment)

The RIM knowledge base was, not unsurprisingly, completely unhelpful. Searches on Google and Live gave plenty of links to people having this error, but very few had an answers other than returning the device. My device is part of my company's Blackberry Enterprise Server deployment and according to our own internal IT support desk "this happens sometimes on the BBs and the only fix is to wipe the device and reload the OS". I had too many photos that hadn't yet been downloaded to my PC that I didn't want to lose, so this wasn't going to work for me at all. And besides, that response is simply too pat and I just couldn't accept it, even if it seems every forum on the web was in agreement.

I come from IT myself so I put my IT hat on and began to re-read every relevant PinStack forum post with a new critical eye. There was

http: //blackberryforums.pinstack.com/1326-jvm_error_523_-_need_help.html (pardon the space but seems it's spam protection to prevent helpful links in postings)

which led to

http: //blackberryforums.pinstack.com/5178-how_reinstall_os_when_computer_wont.html (pardon the space but seems it's spam protection to prevent helpful links in postings)

and referenced the JL_Cmder (but the link for download was broke). I read numerous other posts and threads, and finally pieced together that I needed to find the JL_Cmder program because the cause of my problem seemed to most likely be that in the action of hiding one of the icons I tripped a bug in the theme pack I'd installed. It appears that if a theme has not properly implemented the interfaces and icons correctly it's possible to hose your device this way. What people don't seem to tell you is that it can be overcome, and without blowing away the device and reinstalling the OS [read on for details]. So I needed the JL_Cmder but PinStack didn't seem to have it any longer. Google came to my rescue and I found a site to download the program (I no longer know from where, it was 2AM by this time so forgive me).

As it turns out JL_Cmder wasn't able to solve my problem. It's purpose is to provide a simplified interface to RIM's JavaLoader component to perform 5 specific tasks (see jl_cmder.jpg attachment): get deviceinfo, get device eventlogs, get device screenshot, wipe device, and reset device to factory defaults. However, there is a 6th option on the JL menu that reads "Command-Line Usage", and selecting it brought up a nice text document with all the JavaLoader command line options. Reading through and trying out, baby steps initially, the commands direct from the command-line (i.e. "c:\jl_cmder>javaloader.exe -u dir"), I found that JavaLoader provides the facility to remove modules from the device. So, using the "dir" switch from javaloader I got the listing of all installed modules, copied out the names of all the themes I'd installed, and then began methodically removing each added theme one at a time. After each removal the device would reset, and wouldn't you know it after the 4th theme was removed the device reset and came back up cleanly. All my data was there, all my pictures (which I promptly backed up with the Desktop Manager media manager), all my email and settings.

(see javaloader.jpg attachment)

I have since reloaded (via OTA) the theme that had caused the problem, and recreated the error. Again as soon as I removed it with the JavaLoader the system reset and is back to normal.

(see fixed.jpg attachment)

The attached zip file contains the full JL_Cmder program (JavaLoader.exe, choice.com, jl_cmder.cmd), some files to help in running JL_Cmder more as a standard Windows program (jl_cmder.ico, jl_cmder.lnk) and an install script to set up the Windows pieces (install.cmd), though you can simply run it by double-clicking "jl_cmder.cmd" without "installing" the application. Also inlcuded is the complete JavaLoader command-line usage, as a text file "javaloaderusage.txt".

-----

So I hope this helps ed1 and others whom are also struggling with how to overcome 523. The most important thing I can leave you with is that JavaLoader from RIM has lots of power, and it isn't that difficult to figure out if you give it a chance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

rje
    rje no está en línea Stack level 1

The question I have to ask is which theme was the problem theme? Was it the T-Mobile theme pictured in your post? I had the 523 nightmare after loading the unlocked themes from my OS. I always wondered if doing it again and not installing the one bad theme might end the issue. I now have a new 8130, and I'm really nervous about trying this whole thing again.

MilitaryPawn no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm getting this same Error 523 along with uncaught exception: java.lang.ClassCastException when it boots up, but my problem is that i cant press anything and the USB plug is broken so I can't plug it into a computer, is there a way I can do it over bluetooth or idk over the air or something although i doubt it because I cant activate the bluetooth or anything, am I completly out of luck?

I can't recall the exact theme at this time but I know it was an aftermarket theme I downloaded via OTA, I believe one of the iMac/iPhone looking themes.

MilitaryPawn, you definitely need a working cabled connection to your device to use the javaloader program. Bluetooth and/or OTA capabilities are not available until the OS has loaded, and the 523 error is in essence a failure of the OS to load. If your USB plug is physically broke on your device you've bigger problems (can't charge the device) but if it's only the USB cable (or the end that plugs into the computer) than run down to your local Office Depot/Staples/OfficeMax/etc and grab yourself the requisite $15 replacement cable.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast