Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 199

Originally Posted by Thrusher Okay, this is a really stupid question, but for some reason ... Handheld Guides forum

  1. #121
    Rcbjr's Avatar
    Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    Join Date
    May 2006
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Posts
    14,848

    Re: Straight line instructions to activate Vendor Themes (Except 8130)

    Advertisement



    Quote Originally Posted by Thrusher View Post
    Okay, this is a really stupid question, but for some reason I cannot view any of the diagrams in the instructions... all I get is the evil red "x" box of doom...
    Is this on your BB or on the PC?

    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

  2. #122
    dbsport's Avatar
    dbsport no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    10

    Re: Straight line instructions to activate Vendor Themes (Except 8130)

    After much thought, I decided to try my own solution (okay, a practical solution that came to me!). Instead of saving the reworked .alx file in the Loaded folder, I saved it on the desktop. I them removed the original Blackberry.alx file and placed it in a new folder on the desktop and moved the reworked file to where the original once was. I then followed RC's EXCELLENT instructions and completed the process. I updated my phone and after a few minutes of rebooting, VOILA! I have all new unlocked themes. I plan on removing the "Today" themes as they are not my preference, but the others are great.

    For those of you with Vista facing the same issues as I (not letting you replace the file through "save as"), this way should work for you.

    THANK YOU for the excellent tutorial!!

    DB

  3. #123
    Thrusher's Avatar
    Thrusher no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6

    Re: Straight line instructions to activate Vendor Themes (Except 8130)

    Is this on your BB or on the PC?
    On my PC.

  4. #124
    Rcbjr's Avatar
    Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    Join Date
    May 2006
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Posts
    14,848

    Re: Straight line instructions to activate Vendor Themes (Except 8130)

    I'm sorry, I can't really help with site/PC problems. All I can say is that they show up on my PC. Both in IE 7 and Firefox. The only other thing I can say is to check your PinStack Options to make sure the Visible Post Elements for Show Images is checked.

    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

  5. #125
    CMD130's Avatar
    CMD130 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    3162AEC3
    Posts
    70

    Re: Straight line instructions to activate Vendor Themes (Except 8130)

    It does not appear that this would apply the new 8830(?)

    Are there instructions for that model yet?

  6. #126
    cherrichiodo's Avatar
    cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Posts
    17,164

    Re: Straight line instructions to activate Vendor Themes (Except 8130)

    heres a link for 8830
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...in_action.html

    similar instructions tho should work for your bb.

  7. #127
    CMD130's Avatar
    CMD130 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    3162AEC3
    Posts
    70

    Question Re: Straight line instructions to activate Vendor Themes (Except 8130)

    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    heres a link for 8830

    similar instructions tho should work for your bb.
    cherrichiodo,

    Before I went any further I downloaded v4.3 for the BB. (The unit came with 4.2).

    But I show nothing at all in the About Desktop Manager tab "Device Software" > Installed BB Software

    Nothing . . .

    What can I do to fix this?

  8. #128
    cherrichiodo's Avatar
    cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Posts
    17,164

    Re: Straight line instructions to activate Vendor Themes (Except 8130)

    the CD that comes with the Blackberry Devices only contains the Desktop Manager application. You must visit you carrier website to download the latest handheld/device software from them.

    here is a link to what seems to be the newest OS for your device. you can use the telus or as i said above, you can visit the verizon website and get the update from them.

    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._110507_a.html

    download it, install it to your PC. the alx file you need to edit is within THAT software.

  9. #129
    CMD130's Avatar
    CMD130 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    3162AEC3
    Posts
    70

    Re: Straight line instructions to activate Vendor Themes (Except 8130)

    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    the CD that comes with the Blackberry Devices only contains the Desktop Manager application. You must visit you carrier website to download the latest handheld/device software from them.

    here is a link to what seems to be the newest OS for your device. you can use the telus or as i said above, you can visit the verizon website and get the update from them.

    download it, install it to your PC. the alx file you need to edit is within THAT software.
    cherrichiodo,

    My BB has software v4.2.2.176

    Isn't that the most current?

    I went to Verizon to download the latest BB software and it reflected v4.2

  10. #130
    cherrichiodo's Avatar
    cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Posts
    17,164

    Re: Straight line instructions to activate Vendor Themes (Except 8130)

    Quote Originally Posted by CMD130 View Post
    cherrichiodo,

    My BB has software v4.2.2.176

    Isn't that the most current?

    I went to Verizon to download the latest BB software and it reflected v4.2
    yep...your bb has that OS, but we have to get it on your PC so you can edit it. you are trying to edit the blackberry.alx file to get the other vendor themes, right? that's what this thread is about

    so, you need to download either the telus or the verizon device software, install it to your PC then follow the instructions on editing the blackberry.alx file

  11. #131
    CMD130's Avatar
    CMD130 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    3162AEC3
    Posts
    70

    Re: Straight line instructions to activate Vendor Themes (Except 8130)

    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    yep...your bb has that OS, but we have to get it on your PC so you can edit it. you are trying to edit the blackberry.alx file to get the other vendor themes, right? that's what this thread is about

    so, you need to download either the telus or the verizon device software, install it to your PC then follow the instructions on editing the blackberry.alx file
    D'oh!

    I though it was edited while residing on the BB.

    So I download the latest software for my BB to my PC, edit it and then transfer it to the BB?

  12. #132
    cherrichiodo's Avatar
    cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Posts
    17,164

    Re: Straight line instructions to activate Vendor Themes (Except 8130)

    yep

  13. #133
    Rcbjr's Avatar
    Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    Join Date
    May 2006
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Posts
    14,848

    Re: Straight line instructions to activate Vendor Themes (Except 8130)

    Quote Originally Posted by CMD130 View Post
    D'oh!

    I though it was edited while residing on the BB.

    So I download the latest software for my BB to my PC, edit it and then transfer it to the BB?
    Actually, and this is only for clarification and expansion, you don't put the alx file on the BB. The alx is what is used by the Applications Loader to determine exactly which of the multitude of .cod files that are included in the download package is installed during the load process. That is the reason you are editing it, so that additional theme files are loaded.

    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

  14. #134
    CMD130's Avatar
    CMD130 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    3162AEC3
    Posts
    70

    Re: Straight line instructions to activate Vendor Themes (Except 8130)

    Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    Actually, and this is only for clarification and expansion, you don't put the alx file on the BB. The alx is what is used by the Applications Loader to determine exactly which of the multitude of .cod files that are included in the download package is installed during the load process. That is the reason you are editing it, so that additional theme files are loaded.

    Rcbjr.
    Thanks for that clarification. I've got the software downloaded now and the InstallShield Wizard is asking me, "Do I want to start the Desktop Manager Software" now.

    I'd rather complete this process tomorrow as I have an early morning meeting at the office tomorrow.

    Can I go ahead and close the Wizard and finish the rest of the steps later? I assume that is a non-issue.

  15. #135
    cherrichiodo's Avatar
    cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Posts
    17,164

    Re: Straight line instructions to activate Vendor Themes (Except 8130)

    yep...choose no and then you can edit your files tomorrow when you get ready

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •