Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

A new member here to Pinkstack and Blackberry. for some strange reason my blackberry vedor ... Handheld Guides forum

senthu@bm no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Straight line instructions to activate Vendor Themes (Except 8130)

Advertisement

A new member here to Pinkstack and Blackberry.

for some strange reason my blackberry vedor ID is -1 ..What could be the problem?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Where did you get your BB? What does you start up screen look like? I believe that vendor ID belongs to RIM owned devices or devices sold directly by RIM and not branded to a specific carrier.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

i bought from CraigsList.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Do you have a Blackberry Data Plan? Have you been able to register your PIN and IMEI with you Carrier? If the registration was accepted, and you can use the BB Internet Browser, I wouldn't worry. Again, what does the Power On Splash Screen show? Are you trying to activate the different vendor theme?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Hi

Yes i was able to register with my carrier (FIDO) and registration was accepted, I am using blackberry browser and installed few apps too. Splash Screen showing nothing, Just the Hourglass and then showing the main screen after few minutes.I followed your instructions but nothing happening when i plugged in my BB. its not asking me to install new OS.

thanks a lot for your help Rcbjr, i am glad i found this forum

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Ok, that pretty much verifies that it's a RIM branded device. And since you can use it, it must have been unregistered with the network.

As to the themes, did you add the -1| to the vendor ID string. Did you delete the Vendor.xml from the correct folder?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

yes, i did both. I added -1| and deleted the vendor.xml. but still nothing.

Also can you please explain me a bit what did you meant by "unregistered with Netwrok" ?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

About loading themes, I've never worked with anyone that use using an unbranded Device so don't have many other ideas if you're sure you haven't missed something in the process. You might try to just delete the vendor ID = XXX string and see what happens.

As to the Unregistered with the network, used devices, sometime have not been released or unregistered from the Blackberry network. This will throw an error when you try to register your IMEI/PIN with the BIS Signup page. I was worried that RIM had blocked your device from registering if the sale wasn't authorized.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Ro-Dawg no está en línea Stack level 1

I have a question: I have edited the blackberry.alx file, and also removed the vendor.xml file. I put in my vendor ID in all of the fields, and yet only a few of the listed themes were unlocked. There were only 7 out of the 11 or 12 vendor themes that were unlocked. All of the themes had a 7100 series label, and I added the vendor code to all of the themes. I also tried deleting the vendor ID's completely, as well as just replacing the vendor ID with my devices (as opposed to just adding it with the | character. Any ideas why some of the themes aren't showing up? I will tell you what I did in the correct order. I originally upgraded to a newer version of my OS, and didn't bother with the theme unlock. Everything worked perfectly fine. Then I read about theme unlocking, so I went ahead and tried it, and it worked just fine! The themes in the blackberry.alx file all showed up on my device. Then a newer version of the software came out, and I upgraded to that, as well as changing the new blackberry.alx file since there were about 4 or 5 more themes on it. So I did exactly what I did before, and the OS upgrade went through just fine, but my device still had the same themes as it did in the previous OS, even though the vendor theme was put into all the fields. Kinda weird. Any suggestions? I have also tried downgrading to the original, deleting the OS files from my comp, reinstalling the new OS, and still have only 7 out of 12 themes. And if it makes a difference, I own a 7130g.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Well, there could be several reasons for this, but without having ever had a 71xx device I really don't have any experience to base it on. One of the things you could do is determine which ones didn't load.

To do this is open the blackberry.alx file in a text editor. You are going to search for instances of "rim_Theme". On the BB, open Options/Advaced Options Applications and from the menu select modules. Scroll down to the first instance of net_rim_theme_xxxxxxxxx. Now using the search next, in the text editor compare all the theme names see which are not loaded.

It may be that, like custom themes, there is a similar limit to how many vendor themes can be loaded.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

RaysDarts no está en línea Stack level 1

Beautiful instructions, easy upgrade! I have been a Windows Mobile guy for a long time, and then got my 8830, and I am totally hooked! Love the BB OS, and upgraded it last night with no problem to the latest version. Today, added all the themes, and they look great! Only problem I had was not saving it as the "blackberry.alx" file until I read Brooke's post a couple down from the original instructions. Nice job, everyone!

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I'm curious now. There have been a couple of people now that have had that problem. What file name were you saving the file under? I guess I want to know so the process can be updated to prevent this problem in the future. Was there something in the original process that led you to save it under a different file name?

Thanks for the feed back.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

RaysDarts no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    I'm curious now. There have been a couple of people now that have had that problem. What file name were you saving the file under? I guess I want to know so the process can be updated to prevent this problem in the future. Was there something in the original process that led you to save it under a different file name?

Thanks for the feed back.

Rcbjr.

Hey, Rcbjr! Yeah, it was about to save the file as "Blackberry" and I wanted to differentiate it from all other files, so I saved it as "Blackberry 8830 Unlocked Themes OS", or something very similar. Like I said, I just wanted to make sure I could find it later. But as posted earlier, without saving as "blackberry.alx", it didn't work. Once I changed it, it was fine. (It originally prompted me to save as just "blackberry". A bit generic, I thought, so I changed it.)
    On a separate note, I have a BB buddy who saw mine, and wanted them unlocked on his 8300, and everything went well! Later, he erased BB Messenger, and a couple of themes with SureWipe (a cleaner program, I assume) and he now has all sorts of problems. Missing themes, address book deleted, media card wiped, and so on. I wish I had more info, but it was late last night. I walked him thru getting the OS reinstalled, and it seemed to help, all the info was back. He did have to manually turn on his radio, but then he was ok. He stated later last night that he was still having issues, but I haven't heard from him yet today. I will point him to this thread, and see if he shows up.

Hope this helps with your original question, Rcbjr!

Ray Ray

The SPCS Guy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30F558F8

oK, guys, I need some help here. I tried this but forgot to delete Vendor, now I can't get it to reinstall. Any way to get this done over?
    I deleted the OS from my system and reinstalled, but can't reinstallon my BB.

JE

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Did you delete the Vendor.xml file after reloading? Try going back into the blackberry.alx file and changing one of the vendor IDs back to the original setting and saving the file back. Then try the installation again.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast