i am posting this because i spent a long time finding and reading different directions ... Handheld Guides forum

ct5694 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Lightbulb STEP BY STEP: How to Install new OS to BB

Advertisement

i am posting this because i spent a long time finding and reading different directions on how to reinstall a new os to my bb pearl. so here are my own directions that worked successfully for me after tweaking and trying different steps and advice from bb forum users.

after installing a new cingular os to my bb pearl, i stopped having my call logs and text msgs and emails dissappearing. its been a month and the new os has been working very smoothly on my bb pearl (grey).

1. make sure you have a data cable for the blackberry and the desktop manager software (the cd that came with it has the desktop software on it) installed on your PC (not mac).
    2. then go to this website, and choose the blackberry color and software to download to your computer.
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4

3. after downloading the software (the new os) to your PC, open up your desktop manager for your pearl and CONNECT your pearl to your computer at this point.

4. the next step is optional, but highly recommended: do a backup of your blackberry. it is the second icon (of four) on your desktop manager window. its really easy, just click the icon and save the file. it will save EVERYTHING you had on your bb (except for third party applications)

5. ok, now you want to click the first icon which is application loader, the new os should already be in there after you click next. it should be automatically checked as the software you want to install. you can scroll down and check off any other software add ons you want to install.

you can leave your sim card and memory card intact in your bb btw bc the reinstallation of the new os will not delete or modify either of those two items.

6. click next and let it run, this will wipe your BB and install the new os. this should take about 20 min.

7. after the new os installs completely, it will look like brand new factory settings.

8. then click the backup and restore icon and choose to restore your BB, it should automatically set to reload your previously saved file. if not, find the file and select it. it will then load your BB to how you had it before minus any third party software. even the profile settings are the same. its great!!

Hope that helps,

connie

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: STEP BY STEP: How to Install new OS to BB

Thanks! Great contribution.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Thanks Connie. Great contribution!

ct5694 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    n/a

your welcome! glad to help! 8-)

Pearl_Diva no está en línea Stack level 2

I think the option to back-up is also included as a default selection when you upgrade. At least that's what I got.

Very good tutorial!
    Phone junkie! I've tried all types EXCEPT Blackberry! So I'm a BB Noob, please go easy on me, LOL!! I now have 3 Pearls, I guess that means I'm officially an addict?

michaelcramos no está en línea Stack level 2

thanks i'll keep this one

dupinmall4real no está en línea Stack level 1

Sumone pleas help me. My 8700g has been wiped. Please help me restore it. HELP>

josephcaraccio no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31a987a7
    Quote Originally Posted by ct5694 View Post
    5. ok, now you want to click the first icon which is application loader, the new os should already be in there after you click next. it should be automatically checked as the software you want to install. you can scroll down and check off any other software add ons you want to install.

It doesn't show up there for me
    nonnasmyladie [@] vzw [Dot] blackberry [dot] net

PIN: 31a987a7

gasaraki no está en línea Stack level 1
    It shows that it was installed but it dosent show up in the application loader. wtf!!!!!!!!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    How does it show that it was installed? Was it the OS from your Carrier, If not did you delete the vendor.xml file?

Richard
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    This does make it seem nice and easy. Other write-ups make it sound difficult.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

oscarlozano1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2432E12B
    Thanks!! You are the best, Connie!