I just got a new device and am selling an 8700C (from cingular). What should ... Handheld Guides forum

dharring no está en línea Stack level 1

SIM Card

Advertisement

I just got a new device and am selling an 8700C (from cingular). What should I do before selling it? I already wiped it using the settings/clickwheel/wipe handheld option. Do I need to remove the sim card. Can the buyer just use it with cingular?

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: SIM Card

The Sim card is attached to your account. I would deff take it out and keep it.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

I agree. I would definately take the SIM card out because if you don't then the person that buys your phone can use your cellular service and you will be paying for it and they won't. Like melissaox said above the SIM card is connected to your account. So I would take your SIM card out of your old phone and insert it into your new phone. This will keep your account with you and you won't have to disconnect your SIM card if you sold it with your device. Always do this when buying a new device.

Hope this helps,

COJO 24

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

As stated above, take out the SIM.

Welcome to the Stacks Dharring. Did you get another BB to replace your 8700c?

dharring no está en línea Stack level 1

Everyone,

Thank you so much!!! Your replies were very helpful. To answer the question about the new bb. We are all moving over to ipaq's (6900). There are a lot of employees that will miss their bberries at my workplace (over 100k employees) and A LOT of bberries.

I didn't know if I should try and sell the 8700 or just give it to my wife to use it as an organizer (kill the bberry service) and just let her sync the contacts, emails, tasks, and calendar. As a bberry user for many years, I feel horrible about letting it be used in such a limited manner

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I would let her use it to its fullest ability and keep the BB service. She will probably use it this way and become and addict herself.

thanhtinh Guest

Have you selled your 8700c dharring?