I recently sold my 7130e to an individual who says that he cannot get it ... Handheld Guides forum

josiebopper no está en línea Stack level 1

Question selling a blackberry

Advertisement

I recently sold my 7130e to an individual who says that he cannot get it to work because i have not gone on the blackberry website and removed myself as the owner of the device.

i have lost my login / password for the device...

is there something that can be done so that the device can be cleared and a new owner established?
    i hate to take it back as i now an using the pearl...

doughboy4life no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: selling a blackberry

I don't believe that has anything to do with carrier turning on phone.I think it's a bunch of crap.

diabloboi87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31cdb8ca

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~is your peral on the same line as your old phone and did you have BIS service established on your old line? Also is the new owner using a different carrier?

Bluebell Wood no está en línea Stack level 3

Phone your carrier and get your PIN released, you will need to give them the PIN number of the device. I just had the exact same problem and I had to contact tthe seller to get her to contact the carrier to release the PIN.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

I've got to agree with doughboy here. I've sold a few berries and have never had this happen. Once you switch your device with your carrier, the ESN etc. Should be released for anyone else to "own."

Also, is the person you sold the berry to on the same network that you are on & how long had it been since you desctivated the berry you sold?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

BigHulkDiese no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22BF6200

It has happened to me. AT&T had to release my pin before the other person could use it. Just call them up and explain the situation, worked perfect and easy for me.

Bluebell Wood no está en línea Stack level 3

There is another similar thread further down the new post page. Some useful information there.

bfdm_mexi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a27821

My wife bought a pearl on eBay and the same thing she was actually receiving emails for the old owner because he registered it at att.blackberry.com . I just called ATT and explained that I have the phone and I bought it from some guy. They forwarded me to some department that just cleared out the email. I just had to give them my PIN and IMEI#.. Still didnt stop them from activating it though.

Call em.
    AT&T. 9000 Bold. Fresno, CA

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

I've bought bbs and had to contact the old owners to release the pin on two different occasions. I'd contact your carrier and see what you can do since you dont have your login and password.

ivan.mitkov no está en línea Stack level 1

This is all you have to do. Have the guy that bought it from you call VZW and ask them to delete the BIS acct associated with the 7130's PIN number. They will verify his account with him and, given that he is in possession of the device, will delete the existing BIS account. As the seller you can't really do anything because the buyer has the device active on his account now