I downloaded, installed, and subsequently played with Blackberry Unite. Little did I know, BBUnite had ... Handheld Guides forum

KyleBB8100 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FD63A5

Lightbulb Removing BB8800 IT Policy (My Story)

Advertisement

I downloaded, installed, and subsequently played with Blackberry Unite. Little did I know, BBUnite had installed a custom little IT policy on my poor little 8800 that would doom it to never run Opera Mini or experience the joy of XPlayer again.

[This is the part where you show sympathy]

So, I started searching the many Blackberry forums for steps on removing the IT service policy on my Blackberry so I could get back to browsing the web with Opera greatness and listening to Nine Inch Nails and Weird Al.

**Note: I use BB OS 4.5.

I came across a couple processes that involved:
    1. Making a backup.
    2. Upgrading my 8800 to beta 4.5.
    3. using JL_Cmder to wipe my Blackberry.
    4. Finally - reloading the backup onto my phone.

(This didn't work for me)

This seemed like a lot of work for one little IT Policy. Soo - here is my process:

1. Make a complete backup.
    2. Use JL_Cmder to 'resettofactory'.
    3. While the BB8800 was resetting itself - I opened the backup file in the advanced section of Blackberry Desktop Manager. I scrolled down to the 'Policy' entry in the list of backed up databases. I clicked it, clicked remove, then saved the backup again as a second file.
    4. I reset my synchronization settings back to default (none.)
    5. Finally - I plugged my phone into the computer, loaded the backup on to it.

Voila! It works. No IT policy. Opera and XPlayer works perfectly.

Comments?

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    excellent. glad it was one of the things you could remove from the backup!!
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

KyleBB8100 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FD63A5
    Yeah. Pretty sweet.

Only problem I have now is that every time I open Opera - this message comes up saying - "Opera is attempting to make a low level network connection. Allow?"

I tried giving Opera and it's modules trusted/allowed access in the options but this message still comes up. Not a big deal, just a bit of an annoyance.

green_light no está en línea Stack level 3
    That message has always come up..I find that it turns into a major annoyance when my firewall is enabled. When my firewall is disabled, i click Yes and I have no problems starting Opera