Page 9 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Rcbjr >>>Still cannot .Pls refer to my other thread.Need help from the expert>>>>URGENT... Handheld Guides forum

otromen77 no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb Re: How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected

Advertisement

Rcbjr >>>Still cannot .Pls refer to my other thread.Need help from the expert>>>>URGENT

Thumbs up Re: How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected

GOOD NEWS...at last after so much trouble I finally revive my BB from the dead.The only solution and explaination I got after dismantling and fiddle around with unit is the F* usb port that giving the problem.Possible due to dry joint at the soldered part of the connector.To you guys that have the same problem as mine,do try my method.....after all the sweat,not sleeping more than 36hrs.......I GOT MY BABY BACK.....thanks to you guys that help me thru.....thanks

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected

Glad you got it fixed Otromen!

Question Re: How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected

Thanks dude....btw which BB model is the best from every aspect?

rieck011 no está en línea Stack level 1

Has this happen to anyone else?? I mean, once I can understand, but FOUR times in the last week. I am installing the right OS and everything. Should I take this up with my subsciber or RIM?? Any help would be great.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

rieck011 - sounds like it has a serious issue. if you bought it used, then i would go back to the person you bought it from.

saracen9 no está en línea Stack level 1

you beauty -- happily reunited with my beloved crackberry. However, not sure the g/f shares the same enthusiasm... keep up the good work guys

nny2k no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    20B57889

Hi everyone,

So I was trying to update/reload as I removed BB Messenger 4.2 and after the reload with my Cingular device os I got the hourglass of death. I followed the instructions here in the thread with no luck and also wiped the device using the javaloader tool.

When I'm finished the 13 steps I still get the hourglass and have waited up to 15 minutes. Am I not waiting long enough? Is it time to call Cingular?

Thanks in advance...

nny2k no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    20B57889

I guess patience is a virtue I just don't posess

I waited again and after 20 minutes the hourglass changed and my 8100 came alive and I was able to restore from the back-up I made this morning before trying all of these changes/updates.

to this forum and one to my lack of patience

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

that's great nny - yes, it seems like something is wrong and it takes FOREVER for the bb to boot back up after an OS update...kinda scary!

glad it worked out!

bubba2 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi guys, I read the entire thread and I've tried all of the solutions here, none of them work 100% for me, but I have a symptom that's not mentioned.

I installed some themes and then uninstalled them, and got the 507. Searching brought me here, and I've been trying stuff all evening.

Wiping seems to work, installing any app onto my PC works, and the USB connection is found, with or without the battery, the problem happens because application manager just doesn't have the 'next' button enabled. I get to the 'Device Application Selection' and there is text saying 'Blackberry Desktop Software does not have the Blackberry Device Software for the device you have connected'.

The device is a cingular branded (unlocked) 7100g, and I've tried the cingular install, the Rogers install (I'm using it on Rogers) and the regular blackberry software from blackberry.com.

WIthout that next button I can't get to the part where you tell it you want to install the OS. Have I missed something? Is there some OTHER way to get the files it needs to replace the OS?

Thanks for any help, I love the thing, but it's driving me nuts right now.

EDIT: After about 4 hours of futzing, the thing is back, however flakily. I gave up on the instructions and started messing with javaload to see what I could find out was going on behind the hourglass. Did

'javaloader -u -d1 dir -d'

and that 'woke it up' and it started running the display again.

I'm not supremely confident that this is going to keep working, but it's another item to add to the list in the case of the supremely recalcitrant phones.
    Last edited by bubba2; 03-06-2007 at 12:46 PM.

pnoy no está en línea Stack level 1

hi all , i am fairly new here few months ago but inever post much here
    i did alot of reading here abouth how to install software, i have 1 7250 model here that had a device error:348 and i did try to follow the instruction but it wont recognize the device, so anyway i did try yohimuras'spost how to connect the device and it seems work that way but the problem now i got an error same as NSREE post
    like these
    "A fatal error has occured while updating your device's software. please try again"
    Device communications error encountered (A:0x00000000E)
    i did try 3 times now and same error occured

any thoughts thanks in advance

AndrewG no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    Problem: When trying to re-install an operating system that constantly intializes, Desktop Manager will not recognize the device...
    Thank you so much for posting this. You have no idea how much stress you've saved me from!

rpomenta no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks!!
    Last edited by rpomenta; 03-17-2007 at 11:12 AM. Reason: DUP

rpomenta no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks N8 / Pentace. Excellent walkthrough.
    I have a my cell/PDA back. Almost bought a new one!!
    Thanks again!

Page 9 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)