Page 8 of 68 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

so far no luck. I've got a bell 8703 - I can't get any connection ... Handheld Guides forum

bb-mitch no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected

so far no luck. I've got a bell 8703 - I can't get any connection without the battery installed. The screen lights up and shows no battery, but nothing I do seems to allow the software to see the berry. the -usb wipe didn't work either. it responds "error: unable to open port" - have tried with and without the pin. Any other pointers appreciated. with the batter instaled to get the initial connection it fails like francisroy on 09-19-2006, 04:59 PM. Thanks! don't see what I'm doing wrong...

for what it's worth, i think i discovered something new... the only way I can get dm to continue with no battery (past device selection) is to do it QUICKLY after connecting to usb and before the no battery icon shows on the screen - i.e. start moving as soon as you here the connection boobeep. still won't work though - I added the batter as per instructions, and the reboot occurs, the device still shows the error and the process stops when trying to connect to jvm. sigh.

Bell gave up too. I sent in the paperwork for RMA after checking other forums - don't see any other options yet - I think it's dead Jim. User SWEARS they attempted no software update which is normally the cause though (but user lie of course ;-) Thanks all!

ryanlange1 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have tried this many times now and I am getting frustrated. This is my first BB and have only had a week. I have the 7130e. I get to step 11, then I click on next and only gives me the option to "finish". I never see anywhere that says "Do Not Automatically Back Up My Handheld" so I reinstall the battery right before clicking on "finish". When I click on "finish", it goes through the first install step fine, then as soon as it gets to "wait for device initilization", the phone tried to boot and it goes to the "Device Error 348" screen that always comes up. Then a page comes up on the computer that states "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation."

Does anyone have any suggestions? I am on the Verizon network if that helps anything. I am getting frustrated with this and am so close to giving up on BB. Please help...

Also, just remembered while trying again... The step that says to be sure that both boxes are checked under the advanced menu, they are both already checked with no option to check or uncheck manually. Don't know if that means anything or not.

I wouldn't give up on BB - I would give up on this dead unit though - get back to your dealer while it's still under DOA warranty. The Do Not Automatically Back Up My Handheld is in the advanced section on my computer, BUT the options are disabled and checked - can't uncheck them .

If you've only had a week you should be able to exchange no questions asked and get a replacement.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Blog Entries

ryanlange1, Welcome to PinStack.

I would follow bb-mitch's device. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

divisionbull no está en línea Stack level 1

I've been reading the thread, but I can't even get my blackberry to give me anything on the screen. It is an unlocked 7290 from T-mobile that I am using on Cingular. It occasionally works fine, but then will freeze and I have to pop the battery to restart. sometimes that works fine, but sometimes it won't even restart, it will give error messages or the red light will just blink and nothing happens. I downloaded the JL_cmdr but when it tries to connect it says that it cannot open the port. when I plug it in with no battery the red light blinks on and off but that is it and it just keeps beeping at me whenever the light goes on or off. Sorry this is such a long post, just trying to be thorough.

Manas no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Greatly appreciate that. I just fixed mine 8700g :-)

divisionbull no está en línea Stack level 1

I got somewhere I think..Now it just keeps resetting to Device error 365. I downloaded the software for cingular and tried to install that using the desktop mangager and I am able to get some progress, but the device won't initialize after the previous OS is deleted and just goes back to the device error 365.

chad15 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

thanks alot guys it worked

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by chad15
    thanks alot guys it worked
    Welcome to the Stacks Chad! Glad it worked for you!

borisdevries no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EE7D00

Beautiful, I just reinstalled the OS (4.10.309) on my 7100t. Worked like a charm after reading this thread, particulary cp's post. Thanks much!

rieck011 no está en línea Stack level 1

My 7100T has gone into the "infinite startup" FOUR times in the last week. It's sooo annoying. Each time I've had to totally erase and reinstall. I bought it used, am I totally screwed? Two times that it happend I switched my SIM card to another phone, once I tried to look at my calendar and it locked up, and the last time I pulled it out of my pocket. Any suggestions??

paulie34 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected

[quote=N8DBB]Problem: When trying to re-install an operating system that constantly intializes, Desktop Manager will not recognize the device.

Ok so i took out the battery out switched on the pc plugged in data cable from pc to bb a battery symbol came on the screen clicked options on pc oppened up connection settings in connection box i got usb-pin 2504doe5 pressed detect pressed ok . Pressed app. loader then next - pressed connection next - usb pin unknown comes on pc then in the device app selection in the box it says the blackberry desktop does not have blackberry software for the device that you have connected to the computer and it will not let me go to next page in the box it says . contact your wireless provider. It was working ok until i transfered some photos accross and then the problem started .you also said i need a file to delete can you help with this one thanks again.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Blog Entries

Paulie, you need to install the handheld OS that is currently loaded on your BB on to your PC. You must have the OS file installed on the PC for it to be loaded on your Handheld. You can find the OS file for your BB by using the links in this thread, Blackberry OS Software links (by carrier).

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Page 8 of 68 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)