Page 66 of 68 FirstFirst ... 6162636465666768 LastLast

Few things I want to point out: This technique worked on my 8100 phone but ... Handheld Guides forum

webfork no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Few things I want to point out:

This technique worked on my 8100 phone but at first I skipped step 13 as N8 fortunately pointed out again (inserting the battery once the process begins) so I tried the JDK suggestion. A few points about that one:

1. You don't need to download the Java program from Sun Microsystems that the Blackberry JDK asks for. The program that N8 points out, "javaloader" doesn't seem to depend on getting anything from Sun. (Its over 100 megs and annoying to install.) However:

2. It didn't work. I tried the "wipe" trick and it couldn't find the USB drive. I don't really want to go back and test this some more so I'm not really sure where to point anyone on this but its something I felt like I had to log on and mention.

I almost tossed my 8100 before I found this article so this post is also a big thank you.

dubplate1982 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hey all,

First time posting on here - I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to those who have offered their support knowledge for nothing and made this available to all.

Yesterday while dreaming of putting the Today theme on my BB 8073e (Telus, V4.1) I tried installing a theme that in hindsight was obviously a v4.2 or higher theme. I got the white loading screen with spinning hourglass - over and over again. I thought I'd bricked my BB.

I even called Telus; their tech team had absolutely no workaround.

Anyway, after sifting through these forums I was able to download v4.5 of Desktop Manager and walked myself through the steps of reinstalling everything on my phone.

And to boot, I now have v4.2

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for the help. Without it, I would've been out a Blackberry.

Edit: Oh and as a side note: I never ended up getting the javaloader thing to work.... it always said it couldn't read the port. I tried adjusting the properties of USB Root Hub(s) in Device Manager, but to no avail.

Oh well.
    Last edited by dubplate1982; 01-06-2009 at 09:12 AM.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Once again this thread has saved my butt LOL I tried to upgrade my 8100 last night to the new 4.5 on this thread http://forums.pinstack.com/f227/it_h..._8800_a-99070/

In the middle of erasing the applications on the 8100, I got a fatal error (I don't remember what it said as I freaked as soon I saw it and don't remember). Kinda freaked me out cause I thought my 8100 was at the end of it's life (it has been a companion for 2 years now along with the 8120).

I am in the process of restoring everything. Hopefully I have a backup from a few days just prior to yesterday's mishap.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 01-06-2009 at 06:32 PM.

willbyte no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Your page saved me!

After trying to upgrade my BB 8310's OS to 4.5, I received a "JVM Error 513" message on my phone. Trying not to panick, I googled the Internet for solutions. I found several pages where I felt fairly confident that I could restore my phone. After about 2 hrs, I began to get worried because I kept running into a wall (specifically, "cannot connect to device" OR "no device found" msg kept coming up..)

Now panicking (its about 4 am and I know people like to text me around 730a and calls come in around 9a) I found your page and lo and behold, the process started to look promising. I followed your instructions to the letter and about 40 minutes later, my phone was fully restored with the new 4.5 OS installed.

Thank you very much for this page - it was a lifesaver!

Willbyte

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Always good to read stories of success to bad you didn't find PinStack first. Might have saved a little headache.. Glad you got it going and hope you enjoy the 4.5. If you have any questions always feel free to post and ask.

Kretus no está en línea Stack level 3
    13. Once the process starts. take care not to bump out the cord and re-insert the battery. Again on some rare occasions you might have to wait until it finishes saying connect to insert the battery.

when exactly do i insert the battery??

mishi no está en línea Stack level 1
    how do you get the computer to recognize the BB pin?
    when i go to options -->connection type on the desktop manager i just get connection type--> usb
    and it says that my blackberry is disconnected.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by mishi View Post
    how do you get the computer to recognize the BB pin?
    when i go to options -->connection type on the desktop manager i just get connection type--> usb
    and it says that my blackberry is disconnected.
    Welcome to PinStack. mishi

Go back to the first post in this thread and repeat the process, paying special attention to Step 6 in the process.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Drakien no está en línea Stack level 1
    Having issues getting my blackberry 8330 from verizon to read when I plug it in. I have tried two different USB cables, JL_CMDER, javaloader, apploader, and desktop manager nothing will make it read. The computer fails to recognize it is connected even though it is definantly getting power because it lights up and the no battery icon appears. I have tried it with and without the battery in it for hours on end. The issue is one of my idiot friends was playing with my phone and continuously entered the wrong pass until it wiped itself and now I cannot access the phone.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakien View Post
    Having issues getting my blackberry 8330 from verizon to read when I plug it in. I have tried two different USB cables, JL_CMDER, javaloader, apploader, and desktop manager nothing will make it read. The computer fails to recognize it is connected even though it is definantly getting power because it lights up and the no battery icon appears. I have tried it with and without the battery in it for hours on end. The issue is one of my idiot friends was playing with my phone and continuously entered the wrong pass until it wiped itself and now I cannot access the phone.
    If your password was entered to many times all is should have done is done a security wipe and reset your device to factory. Have you tried going to c/program files/ common files/ research in motion/ app loader and then ran the loader file from there?

getting JVM 513 error when I turn it on, I've tried the app loader doesn't work phone won't read im at my wits end >.<

hotplet no está en línea Stack level 1
    somebody help me pliss..
    i'm new here..
    my BB got error 547..
    In the middle of erasing the applications on the 8310, I got a fatal error..
    what should i do?
    trims b4

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by hotplet View Post
    somebody help me pliss..
    i'm new here..
    my BB got error 547..
    In the middle of erasing the applications on the 8310, I got a fatal error..
    what should i do?
    trims b4
    Go ahead and try to restart the process and if that doesn't work post back.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakien View Post
    getting JVM 513 error when I turn it on, I've tried the app loader doesn't work phone won't read im at my wits end >.<
    Is there not an option on the screen along with the error?

Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Is there not an option on the screen along with the error?

Yeah reset or something as I recall taking a break from the phone its upstairs but all it does when I hit it is restart itself.

LinkBacks (?)