Page 62 of 68 FirstFirst ... 5758596061626364656667 ... LastLast

Yes, I have. I deleted the old OS and installed the upgrade 4.5 directly from ... Handheld Guides forum

twentynine50 no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Yes, I have. I deleted the old OS and installed the upgrade 4.5 directly from Tmo website. That is what started the problem in the first place. It was running perfectly fine until I tried to upgrade and all hell broke loose. Now I have a new curve with no OS because I did the javaloader-usb wipe. I am so tired of this curve if I ever get it running I am going to sell it, this is too traumatic of an experience for me. It has been this way for two weeks and believe me when I say I have tried everything.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Try this... Uninstall everything....Dm as well as the OS. Delete anything having to do with RIM..like comman files/ research in motion. Reboot your PC then re-install Dm as well as the OS you want to load. Reboot again and plug in your device. Once you have done that restart Dm and see if it finds your device and OS.

rarere no está en línea Stack level 2
    try installing the old OS, this solved my issue
    I have not been able to upgrade to 4.5 but atleast i got my curve running again

xo96 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32C76200
    It's amazing what I can find doing "Google". My God, this thread saved my life. You guys had no idea! I had actually went to Sprint tonight and bought a Curve just to save my Crackberry fetish (As I depend on it!) The white screen of death and the App error 205..........Was so bumped out the whole day. Skipped work and went to three different Corp stores for tech support and got the runaround. With no other alternative after talking to Sprint tech dept, I had to threw done the plastic to get myself re-acquainted with the outside, the Curve, which actually is a very good piece of hardware (The camera, larger memory etc).

Got home, started to reload my contacts and stuff, Pop out Firefox and do my last fling, trying to see any remedies. 2nd page of my search result from Pinstack...Voila! A less conventional way in doing the DM re-install. The rest was HISTORY!

Can't thank you enough for this great, great info! Another Crackberry saved!

PIN/ID
    AskMe

Question

Quote Originally Posted by xo96 View Post
    It's amazing what I can find doing "Google". My God, this thread saved my life. You guys had no idea! I had actually went to Sprint tonight and bought a Curve just to save my Crackberry fetish (As I depend on it!) The white screen of death and the App error 205..........Was so bumped out the whole day. Skipped work and went to three different Corp stores for tech support and got the runaround. With no other alternative after talking to Sprint tech dept, I had to threw done the plastic to get myself re-acquainted with the outside, the Curve, which actually is a very good piece of hardware (The camera, larger memory etc).

Got home, started to reload my contacts and stuff, Pop out Firefox and do my last fling, trying to see any remedies. 2nd page of my search result from Pinstack...Voila! A less conventional way in doing the DM re-install. The rest was HISTORY!

Can't thank you enough for this great, great info! Another Crackberry saved!
    What was it that worked for you? Might help someone in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by rarere View Post
    try installing the old OS, this solved my issue
    I have not been able to upgrade to 4.5 but atleast i got my curve running again
    I have the old OS installed, I delete or unistall the upgrade, now the DM and apploader is telling me that the device software that I have is not for my device. That is such a lie. I pretend that I believed them I am in the process of downloading the Device OS from RIM made especially for the curve. I appreciate all your help but I am beginning to lose hope and faith. I think this curve is defective in someway. It keeps trying to initialize and giving me that hourglass. I will try again tomorrow I am too sleepy now to do anymore but I do appreciate the tips and advice. If I cannot get it up and running does anoyone know any place that I can send it to see what the hell is wrong with it. To be honest I think the sucker is possessed or there is a poltergist in it somewhere. I have to make jokes if not I will tear up and cry for days.:cry:

I will try the reinstall of the OS step by step per Pentace post later on this morning. Keep up the good work there are a lot of people like me out there but not as pathetic, every post I read everyone got thiers up and running. Why not me? I am really beginning to believe that it is a piece of junk, a bad apple, a lemon. It is a baby it is only 2 1/2 weeks old and I used it only for three hours before the dreaded hourglass syndrome struck.

lifelessmatter no está en línea Stack level 1
    ...lol what about me?!
    when i get up to step 11 - 12 it says "a fatal error has occurred" and it makes me close.. it takes me a hundred tries to even get there : o(

Possessed Tmobile 8320

Quote Originally Posted by lifelessmatter View Post
    ...lol what about me?!
    when i get up to step 11 - 12 it says "a fatal error has occurred" and it makes me close.. it takes me a hundred tries to even get there : o(
    Good luck to you; I have not tried it again I cannot take anymore rejection so I am using my relic the 7290, which the screen is going bad. I am glad today is Thursday the 13th instead of Friday the 13th. I am beginning to hate my Curve, I should have stuck with my trusted 8800. I bricked that sucker three time on purpose and got it up running in no time flat. But this curve decided to nuke itself and I cannot make it right again, even the tech at RIM in Halifax was stumped. I THINK MY CURVE IS POSSESSED!!! Excuse me for yelling.:cry:

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    What was it that worked for you? Might help someone in the future.
    Seems they just followed the directions originally posted, which worked for me as well.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyMrRadio View Post
    Seems they just followed the directions originally posted, which worked for me as well.
    Even following the origanlly post instructions some have had issues that was why I asked. It worked like a champ for me as well just some aren't have the luck we did.

rubykate no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm trying to do this now...but on 10 - there is no advanced button.

Help! I need my phone!

Following of Instructions

Quote Originally Posted by HeyMrRadio View Post
    Is not the problem I think we all followed the instructions per the post, I am thinking maybe some of our Berry may have other issues. If I am good at anything it is following instructions and directions.

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by rubykate View Post
    I'm trying to do this now...but on 10 - there is no advanced button.

Help! I need my phone!
    Where is the advanced button in DM 4.6, the only way I got to that step was to go back and hit the option button, but once I did that I still had to click on "Finish" for it to proceed. Any help in where the advanced button is would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More
    I've had some issues as most here have... with my Bold lately, and successfully downgraded from .190 to .185... however, my device still will not connect to DMgr.

I have already completely removed and re-installed DM 4.6 and have yet to get a connection that allows me to backup my device.

I can select the App Loader to add new files, however, no backups and synchronizations can be completed via the DMgr.

Any add'l help here for me would be appreciated.... Thx in advance Stackers

- - ps - -
    The DM window shows that the PIN is connected and that the PIN is the active device??? Which confuses me more

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

At what point is the battery inserted?

Quote Originally Posted by rarere View Post
    i've tried so many times, starting to lose hope, just to confirm, during the steps, when you replace the battery into the BB is when the "load JVM and system software" process starts, when it says "erasing applications" at the bottom of the window.
    The question was asked, it was never answer is it at the "load JVM and system software" or "erasing applications" can someone please answer the question because I am in the constant reboot hourglass thingamig and I have tried every thing every concievable way. Is there a certain point as to when the battery is inserted, does it makes a difference? If it does please share. Thank you in advance.

LinkBacks (?)