Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thx, guys this worked great....... Handheld Guides forum

Midas no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected

Advertisement

Thx, guys this worked great....

auroras no está en línea Stack level 1

Still doesnt recognise USB .. Have started up Java Command and says connecting to device. kept waiting for about 1 hour and still didnt connect. Thanks for your help

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

hmm...when i run the jl_cmder it never says anything about connecting to the device.

maybe your data cable (usb) is fried and you need a new one?

auroras no está en línea Stack level 1

Nope.. tried different usb cords this one is brand new aswell..

yohinomura no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2554CA71

yup i face the same issue as aurora.
    using bb 8707v here. a battery icon appears all the time when i took out the battery and connecting it direct to usb port.
    javaloader is not able to detect, and while running javaloader with battery won't help as well. anyone could help here ? thanks in advance.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

yohinomura, Welcome to PinStack.

Did your BB have problems before you tried the reload? Is that why you are trying the reload? Have you ever connected your BB to your PC?

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    2554CA71

Hello Rcbjr, BB was unable to receive SMS from other telcos. Suspect due to upgrade of latest OS. Did a wipe out handheld, but BB was hang. Plugged out battery resulted in this problem now.
    One question: do you insert the battery while running the javaloader ?
    Last edited by yohinomura; 01-14-2007 at 06:16 PM.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Follow the instruction in the first post, exactly. If you have already wiped the BB, it is not necessary to do it again. Keep trying. And one thing, don't get impatient, it can take quite a while for the reload to complete.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Good luck yohinomura and let us know how you make out.

thablkpanda no está en línea Stack level 1

G'day guys.

I've been trying, in vain, to follow this guide- however my phone fails to connect during the 'JVE Reconnect' section, and fails the installation. I've tried numerous permutations of this installation, and tried to follow it to the letter.

With the battery in, the phone gets to the JVE reconnection stage, and fails. With the battery out, the phone doesn't even connect to via USB. I've tried wiping the handheld- but I don't know if it took, or not- there's no confirmation message.

Please, guys- I'm at my wits end here. I wasn't installing anything- my phone was laying on my desk, and a book on top of it had some keys pressed down. I picked it up- and here we are; error 348.

By the way- this is a BB 8703e.

I really hope you guys can save me from having to buy another device, thanks in advance.

Chris

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thablkpanda, click on the Java 102 fix link in my signature. This will outline complete wipe and reload steps. Seeing where you are now, this may help. Again, steps need to be followed exactly. Let us know how you make out.

Thanks for the quick reply ljbyar.

Your guide is essentially one of the permutations of the preceeding guide that I tried, to no avail. The device doesn't get the error 502, which I can assume means the device wasn't really wiped.

But after following through with the rest of the guide, I just get the same error- Reconnecting JVM fails, and the entire device setup fails.

If I could get around that, there'd be no problem I imagine.

Thanks for trying though,
    Chris

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

thablkpanda, Welcome to PinStack.

How long did you wait during Step 6? Did you select USB PIN? Did you try Detect? Does your PC USB provide adequate power to your BB for charging normally? Try a different USB port, one on the back of the PC maybe.

I would suggest that you try again and follow the instructions very carefully. Don't rush it.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Thanks again for a quick reply. There was no wait during step 6. Selecting it from the drop-down list was somewhat immediate.

My USB port has always worked before, but yes- I switched to one on the back, then alternated between numerous ports on the rear of the computer. I've exhausted all usual tech-support generic response methods that are general troubleshooting responses- I'm not computer illiterate, which is why it suprises me this is giving me such trouble.

I'll go through the steps again, but it just hit me, if the device isn't responding to the wipe- the problem may be deeper rooted... ?

Chris

PIN/ID
    2554CA71

Thanks alot guys. THe guide worked out finally. Instead of going to Options>>Connection setting, I went straight to Application loader.
    It will detect the connection as USB:PIN Unknown. From there, I just follow the guide.
    Thanks alot guys

Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)