Page 59 of 68 FirstFirst ... 5455565758596061626364 ... LastLast

Ridicule, I forgot to say that my device will not turn on. Does that mean ... Handheld Guides forum

thenuss54 no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Ridicule, I forgot to say that my device will not turn on. Does that mean I have no hope in fixing it? If I do when you say replace the battery does that mean take it out and put it back in or buy a new one? I have gotten it to turn on a couple of times but it shuts off after a maybe a minute. Now the device is completely wiped so I think there is no Os on it so how would it turn on with no OS? Sorry for all the questions but please help if you can. Thank You

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    I just mean to pull out the battery and put it back in. Then, connect it to your desktop via the usb cable and bring up desktop manager. Once you get to the 507 screen desktop manager should discover the device (if it doesn't, click the field beside connected device and point it to the device listed on the usb port). You should then be able to go into application manager and load your apps.
    It's probably turning off the screen after a minute of no use...might not be responsive afterwards due to there being no applications on the device.

thenuss54 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Does it matter that my device won't turn on? I do not get the 507 error but I do get the red light in the corner.
    Last edited by thenuss54; 10-11-2008 at 02:03 PM.

kabinet no está en línea Stack level 1

re-install an operating system

I am trying to re-install an operating system on my bb 8300 and i using step by step your thread
    I don't use step 10,11 and 12 because these button don't apear;I push the finish button and in the end apear :unable to reconect to the divice during a multi -stage load operation.I need more help!!!!!
    My @ is theodhorb@yahoo.com
    Thanks!

finder216 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by kabinet View Post
    I am trying to re-install an operating system on my bb 8300 and i using step by step your thread
    I don't use step 10,11 and 12 because these button don't apear;I push the finish button and in the end apear :unable to reconect to the divice during a multi -stage load operation.I need more help!!!!!
    My @ is theodhorb@yahoo.com
    Thanks!
    When I went through this procedure, I had to put the battery back in between step 9 and 10 (said something like "java loading" or something). If you don't put the battery back in then, it will fail.
    Greetings from the Land of OZ!

kabinet no está en línea Stack level 1

re-install an operating system

I did to,but I don't use step 10,11,and 12.

laughin2k no está en línea Stack level 1
    id just like to say thank you, ive been a member of pinstack for a while now, but viewed from afar without posting, im thanking for this thread when everything else failed this thread saved me when i thought all was lost

thank you!

tdscott no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hello. I am brand new to these forums, and this thread is the exact problem I am having right now.
    I received an old BB 7520 from a friend and I am trying to turn it into a BoostBerry (is this still even a plausible concept?). I had downloaded and installed most of the 3rd party software when I realized that the 7520 had an IT policy. So I used JL_Cmder to wipe the blackberry after I had backed it up.
    When I turned it on again, it brought me to the 507 error screen, and now I am trying to install the OS.
    However, I cannot get through Step 6. Desktop Manager will not recognize the device, even though Windows does.
    Any help is much appreciated! Thanks.

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5
    The easiest way to get through step 6 is while your at the desktop manager you'll see that nothing is connected. Click that link that says (none) and select USB that will search for the usb device and it may take a minute or two to find it, but it should. Just make sure you have the newest version of desktop manager

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yes, I have done this.
    I have done this about 700 times.
    Nothing happens.
    I have DM 4.6 installed.
    I've tried clicking on "None", I've tried going through Options>Connection Options... I mean, I have no idea what to do. Nothing is happening.

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Try restarting the computer because I had that issue when my device crashed. But if you do that I've gotten it to work. Leave the device plugged in throughout the restart though so its picked up immediately. Try that

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I read this today don't know if it will help at all but the 507 error caught my eye.. http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...89/index2.html

That could be helpful... if i could get Desktop Manager to realize that my BB is plugged in.
    I restarted my computer, and still no luck.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    This is a pain but if you haven't already you might try a clean uninstall of DM .

I'll try it again.

EDIT: Still nothing.
    Last edited by tdscott; 10-29-2008 at 06:20 PM.

LinkBacks (?)