Page 54 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4950515253545556575859 ... LastLast

8700c - upgrading to 4.2 OS got 507 error of death. read through this whole ... Handheld Guides forum

nathan_k_c no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

8700c - upgrading to 4.2 OS got 507 error of death.
    read through this whole thread trying the same steps over and over again and was getting nowhere. I kept reading about 'select USB:PIN" but never saw that as an option when I was connecting it. (someone else had the same trouble)

Anyway, I *finally* said to myself, I said, self: Yes, I know that I have used this USB port countless times with countless devices, yes, even with THIS device, but for kicks, let's give a differnt port a shot (this time on the back of the computer as opposed to the front bus) - cha-ching! The darn thing was recognized automagically and here I am with a working BB again. Thanks very much - so there's my words of wisdom for anyone else out there still banging your head against the wall with this process. Try a different USB port on a different USB bus - the instructions work!

thanks guys!

mystikman no está en línea Stack level 1
    This site is very helpful. Thanks to all those who work so tirelessly to ensure that easy to understand, step by step information is always available, (especially to us newbies). I recently purchased a red (AT&T) blackberry pearl 8100 for my wife, but after only 3 weeks the phone went absolutely dead, no white screen, no 507 error, but the infuriating 3 - 2 red blinking led. I was able to get the phone up and running again, (even though it took me about 7-8 tries). I guess patience really really pays off, coz I was about to give in to my frustration. Just wanted to share this with those who read the forums. Thanks guys for all your hard workand unlimited patience

MDC99 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2065AF4C
    Great stuff. Thanks a lot.

soraya no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24642C60
    I bow before your great wisdom...!!! I tried to update my Curve 8310 to OS 4.5 and messed it up big time. I thought I had lost it forever but thanks to you guys my baby is back...
    Thank you, thank you, thank you.

patze no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi all, i'm the new noob :-)
    I read the thread til page 18 but couldn't fix it.
    I have a 8310 and first there was the failure jvm 545. As suggested by the blackberry page i wiped it. Then i had black screen with red led blinking 1-3. I've followed ur steps and many other multiple time (really like 36). no effort even with that java wiper (also no connection) . I think the main problem is i can't even choose usb pin in connections. i could select pin, but then again the application loader just tells me there is only com3. Tried it over com3 then, again no effort.
    So can u please tell me what to do now. Many thanks in advance.

PS: btw i connected my old Pearl and i get at least the message "tries to connect to com 3, would u rather connect via pin xxxx?" i choose yes and it also doesn't work.

lovatt79 no está en línea Stack level 1

Ooops think i've f-ed up my Blackberry

Tried to install OS 4.5 that i downloaded from vodafone germany website. I have the 8310 on At&t network. Went through install and then panicked when it said deleting applications so i clicked cancel several times. It went through process then bb screen went black, then it came back on with jvm error 513. I have tried to reinstall OS but can't seem to get a connection between laptop and bb, tried JL cmd wipe app thingy but not actually sure if it worked. I am currently uninstalling all bb stuff from my laptop before trying the step by step, I'll keep u all posted.

Xand no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi, having had my BB 2 weeks i got the wonderful 535 message after updating yahoo, tried the method above but during the reload i recieved the following error A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again. Device communications error encountered. [A:0x0000000E] now i am unable to turn the BB on or have it detected by either my pc or my laptop, all i get is a red flashing led when its plugged in. any ideas?

syn92 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ac9d95
    having the same trouble now... help! looks like the install is going ok but then fatal message....tried to do with the battery in and the battery out...can't get jl to connect to do wipe either...again...help!
    ~~~<3MKRS~~~

mel4987 no está en línea Stack level 1
    12. Proceed until it asks you if you want to automatically back up and restore. Select DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY BACK UP MY HANDHELD.

I never get asked whether to automatically back up, so I'm forced to press finish. Is this why the process isn't working? It goes through "Load JVM and system software" and then says "Unable to complete loading operation"

halala no está en línea Stack level 1
    where do I get options and connection settings. Thanks for the support

arechigav17 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question My pc wont recognize my bb

.i use to be able to at least connect my bb to my pc but now it just wont recognize it the phone its just dead i used to have the red light at least and could see the data inside bu not any more, i'm way behind you guys please help. . . . . .?!

7vn
    7vn no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi, Im having a JVM 513 error, Ive gotten to the Application loader, I type in my password and it connects and then in the select applications section it replies with "no software is available for your device"

Anyone have any advice.

Thanks.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by 7vn View Post
    Hi, Im having a JVM 513 error, Ive gotten to the Application loader, I type in my password and it connects and then in the select applications section it replies with "no software is available for your device"

Anyone have any advice.

Thanks.
    Download and install the handheld software to your PC. Let us know what model of phone you have and we can get you the link.

7vn
    7vn no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have a 8310 Curve. The device manager detects the phone but the Desktop manager doesn't. It says disconnected at the top. I have also went to the Connection options and connected by USB-PIN. I start the app loader and press start, enter pass - and it says connect to device/boot rom.. Then ends up with no software.

At the bottomm It also says server status unavailable - Device connected Pin: None.

So I dont think its detecting it properly? I'm using Desktop Manager v4.5

I appreciate your help.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Anyone have any advice.

Thanks.
    I have a 8310 Curve. The device manager detects the phone but the Desktop manager doesn't. It says disconnected at the top. I have also went to the Connection options and connected by USB-PIN. I start the app loader and press start, enter pass - and it says connect to device/boot rom.. Then ends up with no software.

At the bottomm It also says server status unavailable - Device connected Pin: None.

So I dont think its detecting it properly? I'm using Desktop Manager v4.5

I appreciate your help.
    First did you get past the No Apps error? If so, try this process, KB03485 - Run Application Loader when the BlackBerry device does not connect

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

LinkBacks (?)