Page 53 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4849505152535455565758 ... LastLast

This thread helped me BIG time!!!! I was poking around doing things with my phone ... Handheld Guides forum

ceejay512 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up The Truth On The 400 Error!

Advertisement

This thread helped me BIG time!!!! I was poking around doing things with my phone and boom..it was dead... after a few impatient attempts with this method..i got frustrated ... Soon as I took my time and let the phone and pc work it out...I became an expert... Just want to add..if it seems like it taking a long time...don't worry..it will work... Good Job!!!

felixcarrera66 no está en línea Stack level 1

apps

First off, thanks a million for the great advice, you guys definitely just saved me a couple hundred dollars. I completely revived my Pearl, but I'm missing a bunch of applications that I really like, such as the Compose app as well as the MEdia thing and the browser. How might I go about acquiring these?

nateshiner no está en línea Stack level 2
    I always have to resend my service books to get the browser back. For the compose email launcher, I'm not sure. That might be remedied once the service books let the device know it's good to go, but there might also be a default setting that has simply hid the icon. From the home screen with all your icons visible, hit the menu/application button and select Show All. If the icon appears in gray, highlight it, hit the menu and deselect 'hide'.

Quote Originally Posted by felixcarrera66 View Post
    First off, thanks a million for the great advice, you guys definitely just saved me a couple hundred dollars. I completely revived my Pearl, but I'm missing a bunch of applications that I really like, such as the Compose app as well as the MEdia thing and the browser. How might I go about acquiring these?

priatelag no está en línea Stack level 1

my computer crashed during OS upgrade and now my bb is dead!

I have a Pearl. I was in the process of reinstalling the OS after an App 523 error and my computer crashed. i unplugged the BB, thinking i could just do a javaloder wipe and reinstall the os, but now the phone is completely dead. neither javaloader nor device manager will recognize the phone anymore. the phone just blinks red -- no life whatsoever.

what can i do to get my phone back? please help. thank you.

felixcarrera66 no está en línea Stack level 1

nice

Quote Originally Posted by nateshiner View Post
    I always have to resend my service books to get the browser back. For the compose email launcher, I'm not sure. That might be remedied once the service books let the device know it's good to go, but there might also be a default setting that has simply hid the icon. From the home screen with all your icons visible, hit the menu/application button and select Show All. If the icon appears in gray, highlight it, hit the menu and deselect 'hide'.

Thanks Nate, it was as simple as that! I'm not sure I follow your method for getting the browser back (I'm especially wanting the MEdia Net for ringtones and such) though.

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5
    u just gotta login to your at&t account and resend them its real simple~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

veerendran no está en línea Stack level 1
    thanks a lot...these steps worked for me. after 4 hours i got my device working. but i lost all my pictures,contacts..
    any way thanks for ur guidance

If you did a backup recently (prior to the crash), use that backup file, and from desktop manager do a selective restore of the contacts only. I've done it before on over 1k contacts...took two minutes.

Of course, now I avoid all the memory leak and OS update crash issues by using the gmail app and mail by google app for work.

But using desktop manager, you can restore whatever you want of your blackberry prior to the crash, provided, of course, there is a back up file. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

levi.nyakundi no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have for the last week been trying to rescusitate my 8320. I have tried to wipe and re-install OS but it stops at 'unable to reconnect during multistage...' and asks to restart, over and over and over. I am frustrated. Can anybody help?

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by levi.nyakundi View Post
    I have for the last week been trying to rescusitate my 8320. I have tried to wipe and re-install OS but it stops at 'unable to reconnect during multistage...' and asks to restart, over and over and over. I am frustrated. Can anybody help?
    Did you follow step 13 and put the battery back in while it is loading? I forgot the first time myself and I got the same message.

henners21 no está en línea Stack level 1

hmm lost completely

i have a blackberry pearl 8100. at first it just stopped working... completely dead with that flashing red LED. then having followed step on here it has got to the point where it fires up and i see an hour glass on a white background but then i dies and the LED flashes. this cycle continues.

i have tried to use the javaloader... but it gets stuck at the connecting to device stage. i have also tried the rest of the step and it fails on the recconnect jvm stage.

since trying javaloader the blackberry does not show up on the desktop manager at all.

i am completely stuck.... any ideas

thanks

PIN/ID
    just ask
    I get the double blinks when it is powered up and can't get the app loader to read the pin number on the device to begin the process. I already used the JL loader to wipe the device and I still can't get any communication whatsoever.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by BES Noob View Post
    I get the double blinks when it is powered up and can't get the app loader to read the pin number on the device to begin the process. I already used the JL loader to wipe the device and I still can't get any communication whatsoever.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
    The last time I did this, I had to repeat the process probably 20+ time. Took a few hours. My best advice is just keep working these procedures, and the bb will slowly advance back to being workable, and then reload your contacts. For what it's worth, every time I have to do this time consuming practice, the OS update still somehow occurs and I get the upgrade. It's just a major pain.

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by nateshiner View Post
    The last time I did this, I had to repeat the process probably 20+ time. Took a few hours. My best advice is just keep working these procedures, and the bb will slowly advance back to being workable, and then reload your contacts. For what it's worth, every time I have to do this time consuming practice, the OS update still somehow occurs and I get the upgrade. It's just a major pain.
    This is my second device that I've worked on with a 523 error that I am trying to bring back to life. I could have sworn that I didn't have this much trouble with the first one trying to get the app loader to read the pin off the device. All I want to do is just get the phone back up so I can reissue it. I will just keep trying I guess. Thats all I can do. Do you think its best to just leave it hooked up and wait for it to read or intermittently pull the USB link from time to time?

Quote Originally Posted by BES Noob View Post
    This is my second device that I've worked on with a 523 error that I am trying to bring back to life. I could have sworn that I didn't have this much trouble with the first one trying to get the app loader to read the pin off the device. All I want to do is just get the phone back up so I can reissue it. I will just keep trying I guess. Thats all I can do. Do you think its best to just leave it hooked up and wait for it to read or intermittently pull the USB link from time to time?

I'm sure there are people who are more technically skilled than I am, so I hope they'll chime in. All I did was keep trying to reload the OS upgrade on the device using the desktop manager, letting it fail over and over, letting the hourglass thing keep running until it says it fails, and slowly (very slowly) every few times I ran it, I would get one step further (from not recognizing the pin, to recognizing the pin but with a black screen, to a few more steps of error messages on a gray screen, and so forth and so on until it started working)

It's been a few months since I did it, but I would eventually get to a point in which the hourglass would go for 20+ minutes, fail, then I'd restart the process and repeat it until it works. Takes forever...

LinkBacks (?)