Page 51 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4647484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Yes, it gets hung up on step 4, my computer says cannot recognize device and ... Handheld Guides forum

kdbaird no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Yes, it gets hung up on step 4, my computer says cannot recognize device and therefore the usb Pin drop down menu never appears

kdbaird no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thank you very much it seems like it is gonna work now, will post result later....Thank you

ratedr no está en línea Stack level 1

what next?

OK I posted on page 50 about the error I was having and what I did....I tried a new battery, and tried the same steps on another computer...still getting the error about a multi stage load operation. is there anything else I might be doing wrong? Someone else might have had the same issues and fixed it? Maybe a different time to put in the battery? (tried the second it went to the screen where it was erasing my old bbery software, tried halfway through that operation, tried when it was finished with that operation and was going through operation #2...

ratedr no está en línea Stack level 1

sorry

sorry but also, when I try the apploader thing with the /nojvm switch, it is still doing the jvm operation...is that correct? I dont care if I lose everything ever, I just want to get away from that darn white screen with the java 545 error

iamgoofy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    210ca18d

Lightbulb remove Blackberry Desktop Manager vie add/remove

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    uninstall the OS in control panel/add or remove apps

then reinstall it by executing the file again
    i have tried this for about a day and half now! it will ~NOT~ remove from my home/pc! i even done a system restore and still Blackberry Desktop Manager will not remove! please help! i am trying to remove it so i can udate my bb/dm!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by iamgoofy View Post
    i have tried this for about a day and half now! it will ~NOT~ remove from my home/pc! i even done a system restore and still Blackberry Desktop Manager will not remove! please help! i am trying to remove it so i can udate my bb/dm!

How To: Perform A Clean UnInstall Of Desktop Manager

cdhc no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb Note Well: Not Connected? Yes, yes it is.

The "connected" field(s) in DM can tell lies!

The App Loader/Wiper in DM can access yer Berry even though it says it's not connected, as noted throughout here over the years.

Finding that tidbit is what seems to be saving mine after a foul WebMessenger install on a 7250. (I re-installed, updated all software, ran the JL Loader wipe, was still "stuck" until I saw this info).

Opening the App Loader in DM panel still connects to the JVM mid-hourglass.

BB screen goes blank and, if you've updated, walks-though your install/wipe as expected.

Hopefully, if you backup as frequently/insanely as I do, you can then plop on a restore.

fritzdoss no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    249F61CB
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    Did you follow the procedure given in the first post in this thread? It should have worked. You might try this process, KB03485 - Run Application Loader when the BlackBerry device does not connect

Rcbjr
    I bricked my 8310 and now get JVm 513. Have tried KB03485, and the other link where you pull the battery and try to connect with USB-PIN. Still cant get DM to connect to device. I have a clean back-up to restore from. Just need to get connected so I can wipe it. Any other ideas?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    You don't need to wipe it, just get it connected in order to load the Device Software.

Here is the RIM Article on KB13003 - JVM error 513.

All I can say is keep trying on both of the processs
    Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

frankthomas no está en línea Stack level 2
    So I am on my second 8320 I just had a new one sent to me from blackberry because my otherone stopped,running 4.5.....18 which ran flawlessly, charging. so I tried updating my new phone so that I could have all my contacts again. and I got a nice little 513 error, so I went about trying everything that was said on how to fix that, and DM stopped reading that I had a phone available, i got a 507 message, so I tried installing my OS again and now I have a black screen and the BB is not detected by my computer. also my LED is doing a double pulse of a red light, any idea of what to do. I've tried jl_cmder and java loader usb wipe. I really don't want to pay another $15 for BB to send me a new 8320

frankthomas no está en línea Stack level 2
    Solved my issues, when i was on the phone with t-mobile support who just told me everything i already knew. and i had the battery out used app loader and somehow the blank screen went away. i am running the current T-mobile Os, not as nice as 4.5 but i'll live with it for now.

hjacker no está en línea Stack level 1

Question

So, did anyone find the solution to the multi-stage error and nothing working? I'm deeply depressed. Any new ideas? JL doesn't wipe it, cuz it doesn't see it. Nothing works, with or without battery. BTW, has anyone ever resolved this multistage error problem?
    Last edited by hjacker; 06-12-2008 at 08:24 PM. Reason: doubt

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I am in the process of trying to get my 8120 back up and running myself (it crapped this morning after I used the Notepad to write down a phone number). I have installed the OS and DM (both version 4.3). and am waiting for my PC to find any vendor.xml file. Problem is when the 8120 is connected to the PC, nothing happens. I don't even get the bubble notification that a BB has been connected to the PC. I REALLY don't wanna return this thing so soon as I will be out of town if and when my replacement comes if I go thru with it.

Current PIN: 23F44732

soprano1971 no está en línea Stack level 1

HELP PLEASE? Error flashing 8100 Pearl.

Hi all.

I am unable to flash a BB Pearl 8100.

I have followed the instructions below and also used the javaloader.exe -u wipe cmd.

Steps taken as follows.

1. use javaloader cmd to wipe (with battery connected) - connected to pc via usb.
    2. DTM software version 4.2.2.14 installed.
    3. Telstra BB V4.2.1.101 installed. (Platform 2.3.0.80)
    4. Take battery out and follow the instructions as per the iterated threads (Step 13). After selecting all the applications and hitting Finish, I insert the battery and the process continues.
    5. The error encountered every time is : A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.

Unspecified error encountered [J:0x00000005]

>> Quote all steps followed as per below.

I have tried this above ptocess 4 times and still the same result every time.

Any assistance appreciated.

Then found that at Step 13 in bold red below, the battery needs to be inserted at the Initialisation stage for it to work. Horray.

FYI this will work for any handheld that constantly initializes.. aka the hourglass of doom.

1. Install the desktop software.
    2. Install the handheld software. (If it is a non Vendor software.. exp. T-Mobile. search and delete the "vendor.xml" file.)
    3. Pull the battery out of your device.
    4. With the battery out connect the device to the computer.
    5. Go to Options and select "connection settings"
    6. Select USB PIN this may take a few moments since there is no battery in the device. you might even have to select detect device in some rare cases.
    7. Select the application loader icon.
    8. Select all software you want installed.
    9. Proceed to the end portion untill you see the "Finish" button.
    10. Very IMPORTANT. do not hit the finish button, instead select the ADVANCED button.
    11. Make sure both boxes are checked.
    12. Proceed until it asks you if you want to automatically back up and restore. Select DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY BACK UP MY HANDHELD.
    13. Once the process starts. take care not to bump out the cord and re-insert the battery. Again on some rare occasions you might have to wait until it finishes saying connect to insert the battery.

THIS MAY FAIL THE FIRST OR SECOND TIME DONT WORRY JUST KEEP TRYING.

If you do not get it by the 3rd time.. download the Blackberry java developers kit and install it. once installed find the javaloader.exe file and move it into the c:\ directory

Once it is under the c:\, go to start then run and type. cmd.exe

After the command prompt apears type in "c:\javaloader -usb wipe" to wipe the handheld

*The reason I have highlighted Step 13 is that this is very important to do BEFORE the DM tries to re-start your device because it WILL NOT re-intialize your device IF THE BATTERY IS NOT IN YOUR DEVICE.
    Last edited by soprano1971; 06-16-2008 at 06:20 AM. Reason: All fixed.

agent47 no está en línea Stack level 2
    when i updated my 7100g to the latest version for it 4.1, when i charge the battery for like 6 hours and i go to check the status it says its only at 85% is there anyway i can fix this?

LinkBacks (?)