Page 42 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by N8DBB 13. Once the process starts. take care not to bump out ... Handheld Guides forum

tethor no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB View Post
    13. Once the process starts. take care not to bump out the cord and re-insert the battery. Again on some rare occasions you might have to wait until it finishes saying connect to insert the battery.

THIS MAY FAIL THE FIRST OR SECOND TIME DONT WORRY JUST KEEP TRYING.

If you do not get it by the 3rd time.. download the Blackberry java developers kit and install it. once installed find the javaloader.exe file and move it into the c:\ directory

Once it is under the c:\, go to start then run and type. cmd.exe

After the command prompt apears type in "c:\javaloader -usb wipe" to wipe the handheld

*The reason I have highlighted Step 13 is that this is very important to do BEFORE the DM tries to re-start your device because it WILL NOT re-intialize your device IF THE BATTERY IS NOT IN YOUR DEVICE.
    On my 8310 curve

After step 13:

- The BB begins to restart / reset / restart /.... looping until the infinite. I try 1000 times. Always the same.

any idea?

thanks in advance

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by tethor View Post
    On my 8310 curve

After step 13:

- The BB begins to restart / reset / restart /.... looping until the infinite. I try 1000 times. Always the same.

any idea?

thanks in advance
    Try waiting till it gets to "waiting for device initialization" then put the battery back in. See if that helps.

tethor no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge View Post
    Try waiting till it gets to "waiting for device initialization" then put the battery back in. See if that helps.

I do that you says :

I've the problem after that pass (the process seems to end fine but the device begins to restart after 2-3 secs).
    Last edited by tethor; 03-17-2008 at 08:11 PM.

JD_Wolf no está en línea Stack level 1

7100t Help

Hi all,
    i am getting a 365 device error on my 7100t...i have been following all the steps mentioned by rcbjr nd N8DBB. problem is when i am trying to reinstall the os, the desktop manager tries to initialize the device even though my battery has been removed. i have tried to reinstall the os about a dozen times now with no reults.
    please advise. thanks in advance

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by JD_Wolf View Post
    Hi all,
    i am getting a 365 device error on my 7100t...i have been following all the steps mentioned by rcbjr nd N8DBB. problem is when i am trying to reinstall the os, the desktop manager tries to initialize the device even though my battery has been removed. i have tried to reinstall the os about a dozen times now with no reults.
    please advise. thanks in advance
    Are you saying during the loading process, after you hit finish it goes through the steps? I.E erases all apps, loads software, then waits for device initialization? If so you need to put the battery back in after you hit finish or when you get to the waiting for device initialization step. If you are speaking about right after you open the app loader on the com port selection screen, go into options, connection settings, detect with the battery in then remove the battery then try the app loader steps. Hope it helps, and if I am not understanding what is happening feel free to clarify.

kenlevin00 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi guys,

First of all, thank you for the excellent information.

Just a few minutes ago I was able to recover my BB after many attempts.
    I had a similar problem to the ones that weren't answered here:
    I got to the point where my BB doesn't have an OS and the loader won't finish the reloading process. It either stopped at the initialization step saying that it cannot reconnect to the BB (the initialization step wouldn't even start cause the BB does not do anything (battery is inserted)) or it would say the same thing at the "reconnecting to JVM step (battery inserted).
    This is what solved the problem (it is tricky and i will make it as accurate as i can though i will not repeat it just for the sake of this post):
    I figured that the problem is that once you insert the battery the device is not recognized anymore by the computer. to avoid this i ran the loader as described without inserting the battery. it kept going through the stage of initializing. at this point i disconnected the usb, waited 35 seconds and reconnected it. at the stage of the reconnecting to JVM the process can't go on without the battery. however, in order to avoid the previously mentioned problem I disconnected the USB cable, put back the battery and reconnected it to the computer. I've done it 3 times throughout the reconnecting to JVM step (i almost gave up after tens of times of this and started doing crazy things). after this i kept the battery in and behold, the unbelievable happened.
    I hope this can also help you guys.
    And thank you all again.

jbradyg no está en línea Stack level 2
    i feel like im the only one who hasnt had these steps work out for me. ive tried EVERYTHING that has been suggested, with the battery in, without it, putting it in before the handheld initializes, wiped with jl_cmder...which doesnt seem to do a thing, just go back to the intro screen.

i never get an error number since all i get is white screen, hourglass, restart. i also tried the c:\javaloader -usb wipe command and get a COM error: unable to open port.

I have a curve 8310, with AT&T, ive got 8310M_PBr4.2.2_rel312_PL2.5.0.30_A4.2.2.170_AT&T OS on my computer, and th emost recent version of desktop manager.

sometimes when i plug it in the computer i see the pop ups in the corner saying installing new hardware...other times nothing...then during the app loader process, once it gets to waiting for initializing all i hear is the device beeping on my computer as if its getting unplugged and plugged in contantly, and then i get "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation."

I have also deleted the vendor.xml file and yet this process still fails.

and i never get the "if you want to automatically back up and restore" option either

i hope that covered everything....does anyone have anymore suggestions??
    Last edited by jbradyg; 03-22-2008 at 06:39 PM.

jchapman01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a51ff4
    I have an at&t pearl that might have had some slight water damage. A customer brought it in and left it on the counter and just walked out. Sooo I find myself with a pearl that continously power cycles on and off... I think the water damage is very slight if it has any at all. The indicator is still white. Do you think this would fix this?

Marije no está en línea Stack level 1
    what if the computer does regognize the bb8800, there isn't any additional software on de device and I can't performe a device wipe, because the 8800 is frozen.....
    I can pull out the battery, it will performe a start up and then it stops.
    Please help!

I want to try to use the Jl Cmder, but I can't find it. Can someone please help me,
    there isn't any OS or app on the blackberry, i am using it as phone.....
    Last edited by Marije; 03-23-2008 at 06:44 PM.

RtR Hatteras no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hey, so i dropped my pearl in some water and immediately took the battery out. it now will not boot. I get a flashing red light and my computer see's it but i can't open the drive or anything. I also don't get the hourglass of doom. I just get a black screen.. any suggestions?

~Anthony

RtR Hatteras no está en línea Stack level 1
    anyone wanna help?
    if so lemme know

loveshots no está en línea Stack level 1

having troubles

when i went to download a theme on my 8700c after it downloaded it asked me to reboot when it did it just keeps booting up to the hour glass for 2 secs that turns off and does this over and over again for about 8 hours now wont let me into loader to click next it goes to a different usb like com3 than dont go any further than that cant get to the advanced part wont let me load anything up or look at the restore/backup thing all grayed out i got the newest version of manager but still wont let me do anything i took the battery out for a good 2-3 hours still nothin is there something else i can do?

loveshots no está en línea Stack level 1
    why do they lock up like this and feeze to where you cant even use them?

jchapman01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a51ff4
    I'm going through the steps now and I got to number 12 where it says "Proceed until it asks you if you want to automatically back up and restore. Select DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY BACK UP MY HANDHELD." but i never got that option... also when it starts the process and i put my battery back in, it starts powering off and on during the "Reconnecting to JVM" part and i notice that the usb icon in my taskbar on my computer comes up and goes away when the screen come off and on... After it attemps I get the error Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation.

Has anyone had this same issue???

JD_Wolf no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for the reply man...my problem is that when my device tries to reinitialize i get the error stating "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation". I am unable to proceed beyond this step. I've tried replacing my battery during the device initialization stage. when i do that it proceeds to the reconnecting to JVM step but then gives me the error, "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation". I'm stuck man, i really love my blackberry and have a backup of my device. I don't want to get a replacement. please help.

LinkBacks (?)