Page 41 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

hey followed the instructions and it worked great for me. thanks so much... Handheld Guides forum

sickond no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected

Advertisement

hey followed the instructions and it worked great for me. thanks so much

zoom112 no está en línea Stack level 1

tha info at the top is amzing it worked like a charm
    -------
    tha info at the top is amazing it worked like a charm
    Last edited by zoom112; 03-03-2008 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Automerged.

SavageRaven no está en línea Stack level 1

Im stuck on this part it says connecting to the device (JVM) and it dont do anything..

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

You need to wait it least 20 minutes and sometimes longer.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

deejay1971 no está en línea Stack level 1

please help, i am following all these instructions with no joy, i set my connection settings to USB but i start application loader all i get is the option for com1 or com2, USB is not there arrgghh!

bxstranger no está en línea Stack level 1

Question my BB pearl wont recognize anything

my pearl starts to charge for like 2 seconds than stops
    and when i hook it up to my computer it does the same thing but than my computer doesnt recognize it at all... i tried the java wipe... i tried the whole take the battery thing out and try to connect to it and none of that works...
    is there anything that anyone can say to help me from throwing this phone at someone lol

yadda31 no está en línea Stack level 1

I Know Im Prob In The Wrong Place To Ask This Question But I Been Reading On How To Unlock Themes Or Delete The Ringtones The Phone Comes With I Dont Like Them Is Here A Way To Delete All That I Have A 8800 And I Cant Find That Blackberry.alx But I Seen The Vender Code Is 0.0.0 Something Like That Well Thats What It Read So If Anyone Can Help Me With This That Would Be Cool Thanks

christophoro no está en línea Stack level 1

This thread is great! Thank you so much. Just saved me Ł60..

BigPoppa no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hi

Will this work if my BB8800 only works in PDA mode? ie when i turn the Radio on the BB8800 reboots itself and as soon as it detects the SIM card the red led comes on and it reboots itself and then cycles like this forever and a day.
    I left it running like this for a good couple of hours one day.

if i take the SIM out and switch the BB on boots up ok and you can use the PDA with no problems whatsoever.

TIA

Was

reneec no está en línea Stack level 1
    thank you so much for this... greatly appreciated!! i was going into withdrawal without my BB!!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPoppa View Post
    Hi

Will this work if my BB8800 only works in PDA mode? ie when i turn the Radio on the BB8800 reboots itself and as soon as it detects the SIM card the red led comes on and it reboots itself and then cycles like this forever and a day.

if i take the SIM out and switch the BB on boots up ok and you can use the PDA with no problems whatsoever.

TIA

Was
    Have you tried getting a new SIM. Sounds like a failed SIM is a good possibility to me.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPoppa View Post
    Hi

TIA

Was
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    Have you tried getting a new SIM. Sounds like a failed SIM is a good possibility to me.

Rcbjr.
    Absolutely. On Tmo the older sims (multi colored on the underside) or the Gemplus ( look on the gold contacts) are the most likely to clash with the software and crash the phone. Happened to a couple of users of mine, got a new sim and they were good to go.

Brian B no está en línea Stack level 1
    I've tried everything in this thread, including the wipe and reinstall and it always aborts at the Reconnecting to JVM stage. I've tried the reinstall at least 10 times with no luck. I'm crushed.

I guess my only option is to try to get a replacement. Will the wiping and reinstalling the OS void the warranty?

Brian B no está en línea Stack level 1

an update...success! (sort of)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    I've tried everything in this thread, including the wipe and reinstall and it always aborts at the Reconnecting to JVM stage. I've tried the reinstall at least 10 times with no luck. I'm crushed.

I guess my only option is to try to get a replacement. Will the wiping and reinstalling the OS void the warranty?
    update....

Before I tried any of the fixes suggested in this thread (before I even discovered this site in fact) I thought that the dreaded blinking red light problem was just a bad battery that wouldn't hold a charge - so I had ordered one online to be fedexed overnight. Then I found pinstack and learned all about wiping and reinstalling OS's and yadda yadda. As indicated in my previous post, nothing seemed to work, so I ended up taking my phone in for replacement. I was dissapointed to find out about the nifty litmus "water damage" indicator that was bright red and screaming "this guy took his BB snowboarding!!!" So needless to say the warranty was voided. But I loved my BB Pearl so I extended my contract and got another one for only $70 (after the mail-in rebate that I'm sure will arrive sometime after I've retired or died of old age).

Here's the good part....I got home with my new Pearl (and my old water-damaged Pearl) to find that the new battery I ordered had arrived. I put it in the old BB and got a 507 error - which I recognized as progress since I hadn't had anything at all before. I tried the OS reinstall and IT WORKED. So now my wife and I have matching Pearls

...to echo to sentiments of so many before, thanks for a great site and great tech support!

JulianHarty no está en línea Stack level 1

8100 Pearl: USB device not recognized, 507 on device, tried KB articles

I have a BB8100 (on O2 UK) which worked fine as a phone but wasn't recognized by Desktop Manager, Windows, or Javaloader. We decided to wipe the device and reinstall the BB OS. We managed to get the BB recognized after wiping the device entirely. However during the install of the OS the upgrade failed about 1/2 way through with an error (which I don't have to hand). On restarting the device by reinserting the battery the red light appears for about 3 seconds, the hourglass then appears on the device for another 2 -3 seconds then the dreaded 507 error with the small icon above appears.

My Windows machines (I've tried 4 so far) do not recognize the USB device, which means I can't find any way to install the OS again. I've tried the instructions here, tried various suggestions from the blackberry support KBs including:
    KB03485 Run Application Loader when the BlackBerry device does not connect.
    Perform a hard reset on the BlackBerry device. For instructions, see KB02141.
    If the BlackBerry device is not detected by Application Loader after you run the programmer.exe utility, see KB02124.
    If you receive device errors 505 or 507, see KB02792.
    If you are unable to detect the BlackBerry device with a USB connection, or if BlackBerry Desktop Manager does not detect the BlackBerry device connected to the computer, see KB00125.

I have installed various versions of the Desktop Manager software - including the one from the CD that came with the phone and the latest version 4.2.2.14 from the O2 / Blackberry site. I have the latest version of the O2 branded OS 4.2.1.93 installed and listed in Help->About Desktop Software->Device Software.

I have one machine with multiple versions of the JDE installed (generally I use v4.2.1 for Javaloader), and am willing to try using a Mac or Linux as well as Windows XP to get this BB to work again...

Does anyone have any suggestions for how I can restore this BB to life?

Thanks

Julian

LinkBacks (?)