Page 39 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

you are putting your battery back in the device right? usually that means that the ... Handheld Guides forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected

Advertisement

you are putting your battery back in the device right?

usually that means that the battery isn't put back in the device by the time it gets to that point.

slamparello no está en línea Stack level 1

I can't even GET to the "put the battery back in the device" point. The only time I've gotten it to connect at all is when the battery is already in the device.

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Let me know when you go back to work on this.

I have some down time today so can do some virtual/phone support with you if need be.

Just PM ME
    -------
    BTW,

What version of Desktop Manager are you running?

My gut is going to say 4.3
    Last edited by N8DBB; 02-21-2008 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Automerged.

Thanks. Not sure when I'll have time to get back to it but I'll let you know.

Desktop Manager Version is 4.2.1.8

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

no problem.

Email me at n8d@pmatrixcorp.com or PM ME.

OK I just tried again, I got it to connect and pulled the battery out, it said it was wiping/installing, then when it finished that I stuck the battery back in and it said it was initializing but then I got that same "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation." message.

I can't play with this at work any more today, when I get home I'll see what I can get from there and PM if need be.

OK I lied. Gave it a bunch more tries this afternoon all ending up in the same place. javaloader still is unable to connect to the port, even when the Device Manager says I'm connected.

I'm at a total loss.

qlover no está en línea Stack level 1

Hello All,

I am not seeing the USB PIN in connection settings when I connect my BB Pearl 8130 to the computer. I only have USB, COM1, COM5 and COM6. I have done the wipe and now I have a white screen with sofware box with a slash across the front. Please help.

eviljonny no está en línea Stack level 2

This does not always work. Specifically when the device keeps rebooting during the device initialization process within Application Laoder. This is usually the case with a hardware issue...the user dropped the device and caused damage to the system board and or a short. If you cannot get the device to come back online after several tries then you should think about having your service provider send you a warranty replacement. Of course, if there is obvious physical damage to the device then you are out of luck...BIG time. $$$

grrlpanda no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Re: How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected

THANK YOU! I got it to come back after the second time. It took a while of the spinning hour glass (it seemed like forever but I'm sure it was on 5 min or so.) but it came back up.

I loaded a game that crashed it. Won't try that again.

OK I'm home now and I am reinstalling both Desktop Manager and Device Manager with the latest versions from the Verizon Wireless page. The battery is apparently now completely run down on my BlackBerry because the power is off.

Does anyone know how long the standard warranty runs? I've had my 7130e for less than 60 days so if I take it to the store tomorrow will they replace it for me? I did not drop the BlackBerry or get it wet, this happened for no apparent reason while it was plugged in to the charger.

Same problem here as at work--gets to the initialize point, the battery is definitely back in, and it won't connect.

I haven't tried the javaloader thing here at home but I think I'm just going to take it back to the Verizon store tomorrow.

gaurg no está en línea Stack level 1

I am facing the exact problem with my 8100..the hour glass with intermittent red light. Tried 13 steps mentiond in this thread 4 times...in the end get a message "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation". I placed the battery back just before the initilaization process started. The device keeps rebooting as soon as I enter battery.
    Can anybody suggest what else can I try.

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

What desktop manager are you using?

I have found that DM 4.3 sucks and won't recognize a device when trying to do this.

gaurg no está en línea Stack level 1

I am using 4.2.0. It recognized the device when I followed the steps, it even completes the first step of Erasing application, but after this it just fails to initialize the device.

LinkBacks (?)