Page 36 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

hi dear, i hv successfully upgraded my 8700g OS to 4.2 version wid the help ... Handheld Guides forum

sav_chh no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected

Advertisement

hi dear, i hv successfully upgraded my 8700g OS to 4.2 version wid the help of this forum. but now i m facing a prob, in older version the ringer sound was very loud n now its very low n i m even unable to hear it. wat shld i do now????

thelilretard no está en línea Stack level 1

this threads old but do you guys know what to do after i reinstalled the os it has the sand loading thing and it just goes through it nothing seems to be loading

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

ently
    Quote Originally Posted by thelilretard View Post
    this threads old but do you guys know what to do after i reinstalled the os it has the sand loading thing and it just goes through it nothing seems to be loading
    Wait patiently. It will spin for a very, very, long time most often. Welcome to the Stacks, lilretard. Post back with any other questions.

nowick no está en línea Stack level 1

Following all these steps, including the JL_Cmder wipe step, the process stalls each time near the beginning of the step of loading software (three green bars, pause, back down to two and one and none, then the Desktop Manager Application Loader Wizard displays the following message:
    A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.
    Device communications error encountered. [A:0x0000000E]
    This happens whether or not the battery has been reinstalled at that point.

My Rogers support email says only:
    Please ensure that you have installed the USB driver for the Blackberry on your PC, before attempting the download on to the Blackberry unit. If this was not completed, you may need to reinitiate the download. Otherwise, the PC will not be able to communicate with the Blackberry.

But isn't the USB installed with Desktop Mgr. 4.2.2?

Looking at the Blackberry site it seems a problem might happen when installing the handheld manager separately from the desktop manager; yet the instructions on this thread specify the separate installations (steps 1 and 2). BB site goes on to mysterious depths of issues with COM ports, IRQ conflicts, registry settings, etc. etc. Is there a simpler USB solution I'm missing?

BTW in My Computer Properties Hardward Device Manager, under USB controllers I see only 4 Intel entries and 4 "USB Root Hubs."

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Try a complete uninstall of all BB software on you PC, then download and install again, to make sure your USB drivers install.

and you might want to try this process, KB03485 - Run Application Loader when the BlackBerry device does not connect, once you get the drivers installed.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

nowick no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    Try a complete uninstall of all BB software on you PC, then download and install again, to make sure your USB drivers install.

and you might want to try this process, KB0345, once you get the drivers installed.

Rcbjr.
    Thanks for replying. I have uninstalled all the BB software on my PC and then, on the advice of Rogers, just reinstalled the Desktop Manager (4.2.2 obtained from BB site, but not Rogers subsection). I successfully connected with my BB this time, though not with Options, only App Loader. Meanwhile the USB controller appeared as working via Control Panel. I was told I did not need any separate installation of USB drivers or Handheld Software.

This time the message I received at failure was: "Desktop Manager does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer." I was told I did not need the extra handheld software, but only Desktop Manager. Anyway I tried then installing the Rogers 8100 handheld software 4.1.2 on top of Desktop Manager 4.2.2, and using App Loader from screen appearing during that installation, but then came the familiar problem of the freeze at inititalization (over 20 minutes).

Now I have downloaded the Blackberry Rogers DM 4.0 (because it's a much smaller download and I have limited Net access at present). Will this work with my handheld software 8100 version 4.2.1? BB, in contrast to Rogers, states it is necessary to install Desktop Manager and handheld/device manager separately.

Your help is appreciated.

UPDATE: Everything's working now! I did use DM 4.0 and then install the Handheld software 4.2.1 as above, and it worked - with the tip of starting with battery out and then inserting before initialization. Thanks for the tips..
    --Nowick
    Last edited by nowick; 02-05-2008 at 12:59 AM. Reason: update

cap3132048 no está en línea Stack level 1

you guys are the ****! this forum worked for me without having to post one thing! All i had to do was read the directions. Thanks!....... Greatly appreciated! I am on my 5th replacement for my 8100 pearl and they actually let me keepmy old one that i just fixed thanks to you guys......

a_kura no está en línea Stack level 1

where download javaloader.exe ??

thanks

fodbuster no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    240916C6

Question Re: How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected

Ah yes....I love being a newbie.

I had a friend give me an 8300 yesterday, and I am having nothing but problems with it. Hourglass of death, JVM 102, 543, 507, you name it. I have followed the instructions to the letter probably 20 times, and I am still getting the 507 error...probably because it won't stay connected to the computer. I have one thing that I have not been able to find on any reply here...do you have to have the SIM card installed while you are doing the re-install?? I hate the thought of being without a phone . Any other suggestions would be most helpful.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

good question on SIM ... not quite sure. will wait for pro to answer

so you have the device OS ready, installed on your PC.
    you hook up bb to DM, but bc of the 507, its not recognizing the PIN, or connection?
    have you tried double clicking application loader, to try and 'invoke' the recognizing of the PIN?

and welcome to pinstack

::edit:: also, are you running DM 4.3? might want to install it too, as it is the LATEST version available.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...age_guide.html
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 02-05-2008 at 06:37 PM. Reason: added DM 4.3 link

PIN/ID
    240916C6

I'm pretty sure that I tried that also (forcing it to find it). <bangs head on desk> I have been looking forward to using my BB, and I'm ready to use it for target practice. Good idea on the new DM update...it's downloading in the background. I was doing all of it at home last night, and now I'm trying it on my work computer, so maybe it'll work now. <crosses fingers>

Update: So far, so good.....it finally got through an entire update. I still have it attached the computer, and the hourglass of death is moving. Letting it sit for a while to see what happens. If this works, I will pay homage to each of you
    Last edited by fodbuster; 02-05-2008 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Updated

PIN/ID
    240916C6

So......it took the update, and I actually got to make a phone call. BUT....now it keeps resetting itself, which is really irritating. Back to reading more posts to see what I missed....

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

wipe it with JL_cmder and reload the OS.
    start fresh, from the very beginning with NO 3rd party apps/themes, then load them back, one by one...im sure its prob one of those that is making it reset..

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

Looking for feedback

first off on New Years Eve this year I tried upgrading my OS on a new 8320 and completely jacked up my phone- hourglass of death, 507 error ..the works. THIS THREAD kept me sane and fixed my problem after 6 tries following the instructions at the start of this thread and being PATIENT (took about 30min for BB to boot up).

In the weeks since then I've noticed
    1. the vendor.xml file re-appears on my system in the common files area
    2. In the last 4 days I've noticed all my phone logs and BB Messenger chat history disappear.

I was thinking of attempting a fresh install of the Singapore OS .184

I was planning on
    1. Removing all BB Software including DM from laptop and reinstalling it.
    2. Syncing 8320 as is right now and backing it up.
    3. Loading OS.184
    4. Remove vendor.xml from common files area
    5. Plugging in 8320

Do you think I should do this or just wait for the next OS upgrade to be released?

THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN, GREAT THREAD-
    5RAWMINUTES!

"Things that you want to change in the world have to start inside yourself. You have to be thinking. You have to be resisting. You have to be talking."
    – George Carlin

PIN/ID
    240916C6

Well....back to square one. It kept powering itself down and resetting, so here we go again. At least I got to make one phone call with it. The saga continues. BTW: no 3rd party apps installed yet. I haven't had the chance

LinkBacks (?)