Page 35 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

maybe uninstall and reinstall the rogers OS, or maybe even a different OS (you don't ... Handheld Guides forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected

Advertisement

maybe uninstall and reinstall the rogers OS, or maybe even a different OS (you don't necessarily have to use the ROGERS) it could be a bug in the OS?

this thread seems to be the latest OS for the 8800
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...2_1_108_a.html

mk0724 no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm not sure if it is the OS which is the problem. I say this because when I wiped everything out, and left it on the screen where it says 507 (before I installelled the OS), the phone was still turning on and off...

What do you think?

PIN/ID
    ATA

have you removed the battery to check and see if the connectors are messed up? that was my next suggestion. i have seen this on the forums where the end user ends up saying that the connectors inside that touch the battery (sorry, my vocabulary is technically challenged ) are bent and not making the proper connection.

mk0724 no está en línea Stack level 1

the connectors that touch the battery seem to look fine...i'm not sure tho. Is this something that could be fixed?

I just find it very weird that I can't fix my problem because I've completely wiped out my system, installed a new OS, AND even bought new batteries...sigh...it also sucks because since this is a cingular phone and I'm with Rogers Wireless, I can't get a replacement...

bluebugangel no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Plz Ask

Thank you for the information. My phone and computer had some issues last week. Perhaps it was a fluke but good to know.

PIN/ID
    ATA

Quote Originally Posted by mk0724 View Post
    I downloaded the rogers OS, I have deleted the vendor.xml and I have installed the proper OS. after I installed the rogers OS, the 507 error disappeared and my phone looked like everything was fine. But it still kept on turning on and off.

So, I wiped the system AGAIN, using JL cmder and its still turning on and off...
    so you said you wiped it...and installed the OS? the 507 is gone now, but the bb keeps rebooting on its own?

i just want to make sure we are on the same page as to where you currently stand...

monvic no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2XXXXXXX

i had to call t mobile with this same problem, and i had to then contact RIM and it worked when the tech guy did it. it happened to me again today, but instead this time it was a APP Error. i think this has something to do with the downloads that i do on my phone. could this be so?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by monvic View Post
    i had to call t mobile with this same problem, and i had to then contact RIM and it worked when the tech guy did it. it happened to me again today, but instead this time it was a APP Error. i think this has something to do with the downloads that i do on my phone. could this be so?
    Yep, that's is a good possibility.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

monvic no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2XXXXXXX

thanks for the reply. this is my first blackberry and i am thinking of getting the curve. so what is the safest way to prevent those things from happening? i mean, i can browse the internet if i want to right?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

You should be able to if you have the blackberry data plan associated with your BB. Some apps just cause problems every once and a while. Usually they are easy to take care of and if you run into problems, we're pretty good at getting anything but a true hardware failure up and running again.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

draye no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected

Life Saver... Not only is the phone back up, the application that initially caused it to crash is working as well.

Thanks,

-D

Cancerat no está en línea Stack level 1

Kudos for the article...I work in T-Mobile BlackBerry Support, and this allowed me to completely resolve a problem for a customer. Thanks a lot!

alisenikkole no está en línea Stack level 1

It worked!!!!! You are a life saver!!!!!!

mobilekangaroo no está en línea Stack level 1

awesome..keep up the great work.

wellgo no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks,

this info has been really usefull. I actually had to trick my system by popping in the battery for a second during step 6 and 7 for my PC to recognize the device.

we'll see if it works, currently re-initializing my handheld.

LinkBacks (?)