Page 34 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Sounds like you may truly have a hardware problem. I really can't think of anything ... Handheld Guides forum

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected

Advertisement

Sounds like you may truly have a hardware problem.

I really can't think of anything else.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

nmk2600 no está en línea Stack level 1

12. Proceed until it asks you if you want to automatically back up and restore. Select DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY BACK UP MY HANDHELD.

I Never get that option. Im Using the latest version of DM.

nmk2600 no está en línea Stack level 1

I wiped out my device using JL_cmder. The problem is that when I try to upload the OS, I always get the 507 error, and my phone wont start. I get the hourglass forever, and it never stops.
    Does anyone knows how to fix this?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

How long are you waiting? you always get the 507 code for a short while when re-installing you Device Software, if you look for it. You do have the Device Software loaded on your PC don't you?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

swverausc214 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by francisroy View Post
    i tried to download from different carrier and directly from blackberry but it always doing the same ( my devise was unlock and it need to stay unlock cause i'm living in canada and my device come from UK)

after step 11 the jvm is loading than a boxe apear with : Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation.

thans

I'm having the same problem after step 11. Could someone help me with this?

sav_chh no está en línea Stack level 1

hi dear, i hv successfully upgraded my 8700g OS to 4.2 version wid the help of this forum. but now i m facing a prob, in older version the ringer sound was very loud n now its very low n i m even unable to hear it. wat shld i do now????

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by swverausc214 View Post
    I'm having the same problem after step 11. Could someone help me with this?
    At what point are you putting the battery back in? I would try to wait till the "waiting for device initialization" screen, and as soon as it flips to that screen put the battery back in without bumping the usb cable. Remember patience is essential in this situation. Hope it helps. Good luck.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by sav_chh View Post
    hi dear, i hv successfully upgraded my 8700g OS to 4.2 version wid the help of this forum. but now i m facing a prob, in older version the ringer sound was very loud n now its very low n i m even unable to hear it. wat shld i do now????
    I don't know. Might want to try another reload. Make sure all the modules installed correctly. That would be my suggestion.

mk0724 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi there, I am new to this site.

I have a cingular blackberry 8800. But I am with the Rogers Network.
    I had the problem of my device constantly turning on and off so I stumbled upon this forum. I followed all the steps that were told here.
    My main problem is, after I used JL cmder and wiped everything out (I know everything is wiped out because it gave me the 507 symbol), the phone is still turning on and off with no OS installed. Does this mean that my phone just has some loose connections and its time for a new one? Thanks so much.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Quote Originally Posted by mk0724 View Post
    Hi there, I am new to this site.

I have a cingular blackberry 8800. But I am with the Rogers Network.
    I had the problem of my device constantly turning on and off so I stumbled upon this forum. I followed all the steps that were told here.
    My main problem is, after I used JL cmder and wiped everything out (I know everything is wiped out because it gave me the 507 symbol), the phone is still turning on and off with no OS installed. Does this mean that my phone just has some loose connections and its time for a new one? Thanks so much.
    507 means that your bb doesn't have an operating system on it.
    install the rogers OS on your PC, then run DM again to install it on to your bb

ps. I tried installing OS after I wiped everything out and it didn't work out. So I wiped everything out AGAIN, and found out that my phone was still turning on and off while the 507 symbol shows. What shoudl I do???!!!!

PIN/ID
    ATA

what do you mean 'it didn't work out'?

The phone was still turning on and off. Everything was installed fine. The only problem is, my phone just keeps turning on and off repeatedly.

PIN/ID
    ATA

it didn't install on your bb, or you wouldn't have the 507 error (which means you have a blackberry with no software/operating system on it -- WHICH is what jl_cmder does )

make sure you have the rogers OS installed on your PC. control panel>add/remove programs. you should have two items listed. the OS and DM.

also, if you are trying to download a different carrier's OS, then you MUST delete the vendor.xml file first, or DM won't even recognize that you have an OS to install.

I downloaded the rogers OS, I have deleted the vendor.xml and I have installed the proper OS. after I installed the rogers OS, the 507 error disappeared and my phone looked like everything was fine. But it still kept on turning on and off.

So, I wiped the system AGAIN, using JL cmder and its still turning on and off...

LinkBacks (?)