Page 31 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

you made it so simple that ma a 15 year old guy that had never ... Handheld Guides forum

infiernoboy no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected

Advertisement

you made it so simple that ma a 15 year old guy that had never even touched a BB, Got it on the first try

rogan no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    Thanks for the info on my link to JL_Cmder. I have Updated the link for JL_Cmder. As to your problem, Try following this process...

Rcbjr.
    Thanks! well, I was semi-successful.. Let's just say that the above link got me a little further.. I was able to connect to the 7100g, and selected the software to install (o/s, etc., just standard stuff).. It uninstalled everything, but when it got to the step of "waiting for initialization", is sat there for hours, and did nothing.. so I left it overnight. Got up this morning, and my laptop was "rebooted" for some reason.. The BB was sitting there, with the LED blinking 2x every couple of seconds. Wont turn on or anything.. Im at a loss now.

penk no está en línea Stack level 3
    to begin: Thanks to everyone involved in this tread!

needed this thread desperately last night following an oddity that resulted in an "App error 200: Reset" loop, and the OP and subsequent support posts helped me get back up.

the OP doesn't mention this, but perhaps it should:

Use a powered USB port on your desktop machine, do not connect to a USB hub or USB PCI expansion card.

in general, that goes without saying, but when you get desperate you forget the simplest things. it was only out of frustration that i switched to a built-in port and that's when the DM Connection Settings option (finally) noticed the device and switched from "USB" to "USB:[PIN]". once there, the repair began as described.

also, i had trouble during this "no-battery" procedure when the device wouldn't re-initialize as part of the first steps. after several attempts, i returned the battery and started over, and the procedure ran exactly as described. repairing with "battery-in" was possible only after "Erasing applications" had completed, and during reboot the error went from 200 to 507, which then became straighforward. (never thought i'd be so happy to see an unintentional 507! except maybe this one...)

hopefully this info might help someone else, in the same way everyone here helped me. thanks again!

EDIT: so i'm a bigger bonehead than i thought. i now fully understand Step 13, whereas last night it read more like "Once the process starts. take care not to [...] re-insert the battery." i get it now!
    Last edited by penk; 01-09-2008 at 07:57 AM. Reason: clearer eyes

lzhack no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey

I am following the steps and everytime it reaches the reconnect to JVM part the app closes and a box saying failed in multi stage......
    i have tried everything posted and it still doesn't work
    Also, i can't find the area where it says do not create a backup of whatever is on my bb

thx for the help

LZ

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by lzhack View Post
    Hey

I am following the steps and everytime it reaches the reconnect to JVM part the app closes and a box saying failed in multi stage......
    i have tried everything posted and it still doesn't work
    Also, i can't find the area where it says do not create a backup of whatever is on my bb

thx for the help

LZ
    Depending on the error you have and whether the DM actually detects the BB or not you may not have that option to auto back up and restore. When getting the multistage loading failure, try putting the battery back in just before the waiting for device initialization. Sometimes that will get you through it without the error. Hope it helps. Remember. Patience is key when dealing with this type of issue. Take your time and it may take multiple tries. Welcome to the Stacks.

lzhack no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey Eddie
    thx for your help....after a couple more hours of patience
    i just gave up on my phone and sent it back
    called the phone company and im getting a brand new one
    thx again

take care

inzax no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Re: How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected

i nearly bricked my wife's vzw 8703e when i installed another vendor's 4.1 firmware. this post saved my bacon more than you'll know. u rock! if i could score this thread a 6, i would.

Jaimz no está en línea Stack level 1

here's my problem

I've tried all that I can from reading this entire thread
    & nothing seems to help

I get up to DM, application loader, next & to where it says USB UNKNOWN
    I click next for installing the applications

but I get "no system software found for your device"
    & on total application space 0kb (which I'm guess is the main problem I have)
    I've tried 4.0 & 4.1 & none seem to work for my 7290

help would be highly appreciated
    Last edited by Jaimz; 01-11-2008 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaimz View Post
    here's my problem

I've tried all that I can from reading this entire thread
    & nothing seems to help

I get up to DM, application loader, next & to where it says USB UNKNOWN
    I click next for installing the applications

but I get "no system software found for your device"
    & on total application space 0kb (which I'm guess is the main problem I have)
    I've tried 4.0 & 4.1 & none seem to work for my 7250

help would be highly appreciated
    If the DM says no system software found for your device one of a couple things are happening.

1) You do not have the handheld software installed on your PC. If this is the case download and install the handheld software from your carriers website.

2) The software is on the pc but package version is for a different carrier then the phone that you have and the vendor file has not been deleted. If this is the case go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete the vendor.xml

3) The DM is not reading the handheld software correctly. If this is the case uninstall the DM, then uninstall the handheld software. Reinstall the DM then reinstall the handheld software.

Hope it helps. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge View Post
    If the DM says no system software found for your device one of a couple things are happening.

1) You do not have the handheld software installed on your PC. If this is the case download and install the handheld software from your carriers website.

2) The software is on the pc but package version is for a different carrier then the phone that you have and the vendor file has not been deleted. If this is the case go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete the vendor.xml

3) The DM is not reading the handheld software correctly. If this is the case uninstall the DM, then uninstall the handheld software. Reinstall the DM then reinstall the handheld software.

Hope it helps. Good luck.
    1) where can I get the handheld software? I dled the OS packages or installers from the links in this thread, so Idk. The desktop software

2) already did that

3) I've uninstalled & installed the 4.1 & even the 4.0 many times, still nothing

phone has gotten detected when I go to detect device & shows the pin
    but when I go to application loader
    it's detected but I choose next & tries to go to com1
    then switched back to USB & says unknown, continues & there's no applications to install or anything

I'll try to uninstall DM & all the software again & reinstall

1) where can I get the handheld software? I dled the OS packages or installers from the links in this thread, so Idk. The desktop software

2) already did that

3) I've uninstalled & installed the 4.1 & even the 4.0 many times, still nothing

phone has gotten detected when I go to detect device & shows the pin
    but when I go to application loader
    it's detected but I choose next & tries to go to com1
    then switched back to USB & says unknown, continues & there's no applications to install or anything

I'll try to uninstall DM & all the software again & reinstall
    What carrier do you have? Is it a 7290 or a 7250? May want to update your profile to reflect your current info on the phone and carrier.

Also if you originally installed the handheld os first then the DM it won't matter how many times you uninstall the DM it won't help. The reason you install the handheld software second is b/c it figuratively installs the handheld software into the DM. So clean uninstall both and start from scratch would be my suggestion.

What carrier do you have? Is it a 7290 or a 7250? May want to update your profile to reflect your current info on the phone and carrier.

Also if you originally installed the handheld os first then the DM it won't matter how many times you uninstall the DM it won't help. The reason you install the handheld software second is b/c it figuratively installs the handheld software into the DM. So clean uninstall both and start from scratch would be my suggestion.
    I checked inside & it's the 7290

I originally had 4.1 installed before my bb stopped working & began to get errors
    tried the whole wiping thing & now when I put the battery in, I get a 507 error

in the application loader there's nothing there so I can't remove anything or add anything
    & device says that it has 0kb & that's where I'm stuck

I checked inside & it's the 7290

I originally had 4.1 installed before my bb stopped working & began to get errors
    tried the whole wiping thing & now when I put the battery in, I get a 507 error

in the application loader there's nothing there so I can't remove anything or add anything
    & device says that it has 0kb & that's where I'm stuck
    What carrier do you have?

What carrier do you have?
    AT&T/Cingular

All right. On the PC open the control panel and uninstall the DM. Then uninstall the handheld software. Make sure if you have an older version of software on the PC you remove that as well. Go to ATT website and download the DM from there or from here. Install the DM. Once the DM is installed reboot your PC and download the Handheld software, again from ATT or from here. Depending on where you get the handheld software delete the vendor file. Then try and run the app loader. Post back with any questions or problems.

LinkBacks (?)