Page 30 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Why is it that with the battery out the DM will not connect to my ... Handheld Guides forum

Pard68 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected

Advertisement

Why is it that with the battery out the DM will not connect to my 7250? With the battery in it does but I need the battery out to do this so...

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

If the BB Connects to the PC, then you should be able to run Applications loader to update your OS. Have you actually tried that? Doing the reload with the battery out is only for when your PC won't connect to your BB.

Rcjbr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

blackberry118 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected

Hello there,

I was wondering whether I could get some assistance with my BBerry Pearl (8811)

The problems began when I took the phone out of my pocket to discover it was turning itself on and off.

After being referred to this thread, I have spent almost 4 hours trying to wipe and reinstall my operating system.

The problem I am having with the installation is that I cant get the app loader past attempting to reconnect to the JVM stage. The message i receive is that;

" Unable to reconnect to the device during multi-stage load operation"

I have the phone connected directly to the USB port (no hub etc)

It seems that when I replace the battery (as per point 13) the phone gets to the JVM section it begins the cycle of turning itself on and off - which means the phone is only intermitently visable to my computer.

I have tried using JL_Cmder but i'm not sure whether it has done anything as there has been no change in the phone (Still restarting..!!!)

I am getting quite upset and keep having thoughts of how far out of my window I can hurl it...!!!

Any assistance you good people can provide before I get to that stage would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Berry

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

have you tried with the battery in during the entire process? or did you get to this thread bc DM wasn't recognizing your blackberry?

welcome to pinstack

Thanks for your prompt reply Cherrichiodo,

If I attempt the procedure with the battery in, the phone connects then removes itself from the pc and DM cannot recogn it.

I'll give it another go though...!!

Thanks again...

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

You Ask, We Will Answer

sav_chh no está en línea Stack level 1

ya sorry i was mistaken smwhere. now i m using 4.2 version wid the help of this forum. it was really a nice n gr8 experience. thanks.
    for all indian as well as other users, the handheld device OS is available here : na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp[/B][/URL]

sony007 no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks for the post I have a bb with the same error did what you said ad everything is working fine THANKS A LOT

Question Re: How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    Try following this process

Rcbjr.
    Thanks for this Rcbjr.

The DM is now able to detect the Pearl with the battery connected.

I have attempted to re-instate my OS with the App Loader to no joy. When the battery is reconnected, the Pearl goes back to the cycle of resetting itself (Turns on, hourglass for a few seconds then off again). This doesn't seem to affect the DM's detection of the Pearl via USB.

DM then seems to load the JVM and system software without a problem ( the pearl is usually off during this procedure).

When DM attempts to initialization of the Device, the Pearl begins the resetting itself once again. The loader fails while trying to Reconnect to JVM with the following message;

"Unable to reconnect to the device during multi-stage load"

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Well,

Ok, if you can still connect with the battery in, try this procedure.

1. Start by Downloading and installing JL_Cmder, see that link for instructions.
      BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites.
    2. Connect you BB to you PC
    3. Open JL_Cmder,
    4. Select the Wipe Option (5)
    5. Follow the instructions in this thread very carefully, How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't recognize The Device Is Connected Again.

If this doesn't work, I'm gonna think you my have a hardware problem, which is not out of the question.

Rcbjr.
    Last edited by Rcbjr; 01-08-2008 at 10:47 PM.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by blackberry118 View Post
    Thanks for this Rcbjr.

The DM is now able to detect the Pearl with the battery connected.

I have attempted to re-instate my OS with the App Loader to no joy. When the battery is reconnected, the Pearl goes back to the cycle of resetting itself (Turns on, hourglass for a few seconds then off again). This doesn't seem to affect the DM's detection of the Pearl via USB.

DM then seems to load the JVM and system software without a problem ( the pearl is usually off during this procedure).

When DM attempts to initialization of the Device, the Pearl begins the resetting itself once again. The loader fails while trying to Reconnect to JVM with the following message;

"Unable to reconnect to the device during multi-stage load"
    Go through the process again with the battery out (if you need to leave it in until after the DM detects it when runningthe app loader) , after the device application selection screen if it gives the option, select to erase all currently installed apps, and to not auto back up and restore ( you may need to select advanced to do so) When you get to the Reconnect to JVM part plop the battery back in and see if that gets you past the multistage error. Hope it helps.

glenn33615 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have a BB 8130 Pearl and have only had it three days. I was backing up and the device went to error 507. I have repeatedly tried the steps you have outlined to restore it and cannot get it back. Any ideas? I have reinstalled both the desktop disk and the carrier disk from Verizon.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

How long are you waiting after Desktop manager indicates the installation has completed before you mess with you BB?

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

rogan no está en línea Stack level 1

I have an 7100g (yeah, go figure..) and have the same error 322 - RESET
    Im following the steps from page 1, but cannot get past step 6. I tried finding (following the link in this thread, as well) for JL CMDR, but the link took me to a homepage, here on pinstack.. I eventually found it..

without the battery in it, I get a repetitive "white screen" with the little 'battery' symbol, just cycling continuously.
    Step 6 only draws a "COM3" and "USB", but never a USB-PIN.

Last night, I got a pin, but every time it would show up in the App Loader, it would instantly reboot the phone, and change to USB - UNKNOWN. At one point in time, I got to a screen, asking me for a password, but I have no idea what that is, nor do I know how to get past/clear it.. Any light shed on this would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: If I put the battery in it, I get the PIN. click on Application Loader, and the popup window, it shows USB - pin... As soon as I click "NEXT", it switches to "UNKNOWN", the phone starts cycling again, and never gets beyond that point..

When trying the JL Cmdr, the below is what I get..

C:\Program Files\JL_Cmder>javaloader -usb wipe
    RIM Wireless Handheld Java Loader
    Copyright 2001-2007 Research In Motion Limited
    Connecting to device...debug: COM error during Open: (0x80040001)
    Error: unable to open port

C:\Program Files\JL_Cmder>

The device is connected, and displaying:

Device Error: 322
    RESET

battery out, JL Cmdr displays returns same error as above

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Thanks for the info on my link to JL_Cmder. I have Updated the link for JL_Cmder. As to your problem, Try following this process, KB03485 - Run Application Loader when the BlackBerry device does not connect

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

LinkBacks (?)