Page 28 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

When I am following the instructions (honestly I have tried putting it in at various ... Handheld Guides forum

traines no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected

Advertisement

When I am following the instructions (honestly I have tried putting it in at various times, see below)...

11. Make sure both boxes are checked. (TR - These boxes are checked but greyed out, no way for me to do anything to them if I wanted to)
    12. Proceed until it asks you if you want to automatically back up and restore. Select DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY BACK UP MY HANDHELD. (TR - This message does not come up, so I am not able to make this selection, it goes straight to upload FINISH button) then the list of things it needs to "do" comes up)
    13. Once the process starts. take care not to bump out the cord and re-insert the battery. Again on some rare occasions you might have to wait until it finishes saying connect to insert the battery. (TR several times I put the battery in during the first process, before it showed it is initializing the device, several times I tried to wait until it finished, which it never did, once I left it for two hours and it was still sitting at the first process loading device software and OS)

When I tried the second part of your advice reloading javaloader, I had to put the battery in right away for the computer to even "think" about it but in the end the result was the same, Error: Unable to open port.

Thank you for your assistance. -trace

shuab no está en línea Stack level 1

hi after i have wiped the blackberry i downloaded the latest os 4. sumthin version and then installed that on my computer i have then opened DM (application loader) but what do i do then. thats the problem im having. should i have applications in the the box to check (because i havent) if not clicking on the add tab where do i go and what files to do i select. i am using DM 4.3 and have the BB 8700g i have downloaded the t mobile usa 0s version 4.2 ,

please pleaseeeeeeeeeee helppp , i have the error 507 due to incorrect pin 10 times (

shuab no está en línea Stack level 1

i have the same issue but i have DM 4.3 and OS version 4.2.1.107 but still i have '"The BlackBerry Desktop Software does not have BlackBerry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator." its driving me crazy been on this for like 5 hourssss non stopppp

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Did you actually install the download file or just save it somewhere. Go to DM and pulldown the help menu, Scroll down to About Desktop Manager. Then click on the Device Software tab. What does it say.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

BOgusMan101 no está en línea Stack level 1

i cannot get past step six when it tells me to select USB-PIN under connection seettings.
    when i try to get my computer to detect my blackberry, DM is unable to detect my blackberry.
    i get stuck with the options of choosing
    USB and COM1. When i try to detect the device, it says that the device is not conencted.
    When its plugged into my computer without the batter, it shows a battery with a line through it.
    i treid to install something OTA, whenever it tries to boot up w/ the battery pack in place the hourglass appears, then black screen.
    Last edited by BOgusMan101; 12-17-2007 at 07:26 PM.

stopasking no está en línea Stack level 1

what do you do if it can't find the device over USB?

when i go to connection settings it only shows USB and not USB PIN. If i try to run the AppLoader, it shows USB PIN-UNKNOWN.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by stopasking View Post
    what do you do if it can't find the device over USB?

when i go to connection settings it only shows USB and not USB PIN. If i try to run the AppLoader, it shows USB PIN-UNKNOWN.
    When you are in app loader and you get PIN unknown will it let you hit next? If so hit next and follow the rest of the instructs. If not at what point are you removing the battery?

stopasking no está en línea Stack level 1

yes i can hit next. it brings me to the wizard where i can pick all the software i want to load on it. hit next again, check advanced for both check boxes.

hit finish and it starts erasing all data on the "Load JVM and system software". it finishing that step and tries to start "Wait for device initialization". thats when i get the

"A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.
    Device communications error encountered. [A:0x0000000E]"

i don't when to put the battery back in. i tried right away, tried after the "Load JVM" step. always get the same error. any ideas??

thesti no está en línea Stack level 1

hi, im getting to step 13, but after that it says " unable to complete the loading operation" then under that it says "unable to reconncect to the device during a multi-stage load operation"

any help please??

binkles69 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected

oh my god! thank you soooo much! i was so worried that my phone was broken. : O

plus this was about the easyest thing ever. : )

you truly are a life saver!

Quote Originally Posted by thesti View Post
    hi, im getting to step 13, but after that it says " unable to complete the loading operation" then under that it says "unable to reconncect to the device during a multi-stage load operation"

any help please??
    anyone?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

im pretty sure that is when (or right before) you are supposed to put the battery back in? (im pretty sure that is the error it gives if the battery is out of the bb) or have you not got the choice to auto backup yet?

if you have tried the process once, or even five times, i would say keep going. hopefully it won't take that many tries, but i have seen it take a few to get the connection.

^^^ is that post for me? or the person before me? if it was for me i dont get the choice to back it up or not once i hit advanced it goes to the 2 checked box whcih i cannot touch either then when i hit next it goes back to the "finish" page.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by thesti View Post
    ^^^ is that post for me? or the person before me? if it was for me i dont get the choice to back it up or not once i hit advanced it goes to the 2 checked box whcih i cannot touch either then when i hit next it goes back to the "finish" page.
    At what point are you putting the battery back in? I would try to put the battery back in as soon as , after you hit finish you get to the step that says waiting for device initialization.

chiques no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected

8. Select all software you want installed.
    What if I don't have any software listed to install?

LinkBacks (?)