Page 27 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by Jenselense Hi, i have the, obviously well known, problem of an eternal ... Handheld Guides forum

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Jenselense View Post
    Hi,
    i have the, obviously well known, problem of an eternal Hourglass-Loop...
    But all the tipps from this thread didn't work with my 8700v!:-(
    I have installed the necessary software and proceeded step by step. The Problem is: my (winXP-)PC recognizes the connection to my bb, but exactly when I try to connect to it with the DM, he loses the connection...
    Java Loader says that he was not able to open a port...
    Has anyone an idea?
    Thanks in advance.
    jens
    At what point are you removing and reinserting the battery? The desktop manager wil not technically detect the device all the time, the steps above are to get around the fact that the DM will not detect the BB. Try this. take the battery out of the phone, unplug the USB, and open the Application loader icon. Click next and connect the usb cable. Click next , next, advanced instead of finish, erase all curruntly installed apps, do not auto back up and restore, finish. Hope it helps. Welcome to the Stacks.

Jenselense no está en línea Stack level 1

That doesn't work either...I mean, actually, that was the way I tried it before...
    so. when I plug in the bb it is recognized and i can choose the usb-pin to connect to. But in the second I do that(press next) it switches to COM1 and tries to connect to it because it seems like nothing is connected to usb anymore..........:-(
    thanks for your help anyway.

anneoncampus no está en línea Stack level 1

i really hope this will work....crossing my fingers

mappapie no está en línea Stack level 1

HI
    i cant get past step 7 - my BB Pearl is non-responsive and the red light flashes twice continually when the battery is installed. screen is dark. when following the above procedure, the application loader fails to recognize the device - even with the baqttery removed.

this issue began as i was trying to install the latest BB software for the device - got a connection error and the device went into this non responsive state.

any help is much appreciated.

aduley no está en línea Stack level 1

Thank you! THANK YOU! Thank You! --- TIPS for the new CURVE 8310

After 3 hours of trying over and over again and reading EVERY SINGLE post - I FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK!! I bought the new 8310 Curve 4 days ago and just got the 507 error. It's working now but I came across some differences from the original posted instructions --- I did not have Step 12 - there was no opportunity to deselect the automatic backup. Also - I tried the whole battery in and out thing numerous times. I followed the instructions EXCEPT I put my battery back in after it started to erase the files on my BB (after the application loader recognized it and started doing stuff with it) AND I think what the ULTIMATE key was (I think this was the most important part rather than the battery part, no sure way of knowing now) ---- PATIENCE!!! There are a couple posts that speak of patience but there wasn't much mention of HOW LONG?? I went through the whole appication loader thing and it was successful but I saw the red light and the screen turn to the hour glass as many people experienced. I saw on another thread to just WAIT --- Someone had forgotten about it and came back and it was fine. So, while I couldn't just forget about it - I waited and waited about 20 minutes and I started to give up, tapped the red off/power button to see if I could get it to do anything and the screen went black and then the hour glass came back and paused and then there was a little blinking of red light (the order may be varied, as it's midnight and I'm really exhausted but wanted to share my experience with someone else who may be going through the same thing). Well - it rebooted itself. When it had gone to the hourglass, I just assumed that I was doomed, but I waited and it came back. So - you may just want to be EXTRA EXTRA patient and try waiting a half hour or so before you retry the steps over and over again, like me. I think I should have waited before starting over, especially since the application loader said I was successful in the OS download. So, hope this helps someone else!!! Keep trying and it'll happen eventually!

Last edited by aduley; 11-29-2007 at 01:19 AM.

gtgoku no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks for the original thread! it really helped me alot.

ads7 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected

Thanks for this thread

Saved me after failed os upgrade. It took around 5 mins for the os to load once the 13 steps were followed.

Any ideas why the update failed?

dm v 4.2.0.14

os 8100C_PBr4.2.1_rel164_PL2.3.0.80_A4.2.1.101_Vodafo ne_AU.exe

hh pearl8100

Should I load latest dm?

Thanks Again
    Last edited by ads7; 12-06-2007 at 11:03 PM. Reason: forgot phone spec

gmallory no está en línea Stack level 1

I am getting the JVM Error 535 on my brand new Curve 8310. I can't get the phone to do anything. I found the thread from "NSDBB" that gives the instructions on how to wipe / reinstall OS.

I have a few questions....

1) Does this work for the BB Curve 8310 (AT&T)?
    2) In the list of instructions to "wipe" or reinstall OS (see below), step 2 says: "Install the handheld software". How can I install the handheld software if the device is not working because of JVM Error 535? Do I skip this step or am I missing something?
    3) When I pull the battery out and connect the device to the computer (USB), I get a large symbol on the screen that is a battery with a line through it. How do I move on to steps 5-13 if I can't go anywhere from this error screen?

1. Install the desktop software.
    2. Install the handheld software. (If it is a non Vendor software.. exp. T-Mobile. search and delete the "vendor.xml" file.)
    3. Pull the battery out of your device.
    4. With the battery out connect the device to the computer.
    5. Go to Options and select "connection settings"

I've read through the threads and can't find anything like this. Thanks in advance for your help.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Step 2. means install it on your PC. That means you have to download it from the Carrier's website then execute the downloaded file. Then follow from step 3.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Thanks Rcbjr.

I downloaded the software, installed on PC, got to step 7 and 8 (7. Select the application loader icon. 8. Select all software you want installed)....but the Application Loader doesn't list any software, but instead says: "The BlackBerry Desktop Software does not have BlackBerry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator."

I used the link from this website to find the service providers software and that didn't work. I used the CD that came with the phone and it doesn't have any software. Any ideas?

Thanks.

I think I found the problem. I was only downloading the Desktop software from the site and not the OS software (I guess I thought they were downloaded together...just didn't read down far enough - my bad). I'll try it once it is finished downloading and let you know if it is still not cooperating. Sorry.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Make sure to install it by executing the download package on your PC.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

hawke no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks for the guide, thought i goner when i accidentally wanting to try the 4.2 ver theme.

traines no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected

Hello I have tried the instructions to reinstall the OS (over 10 times), including the javaloader and continue to receive the "error: unable to open port", the next advice was to click on "JL_Cmder" but this link has been discontinued. Can you please advise of another way to load the OS? Thanks!

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

When are you putting the battery back in the BB?

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

LinkBacks (?)