Page 26 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by Lavagirl I would try a wipe device using JL_cmder and then start ... Handheld Guides forum

mthhurley no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32b64c36

Re: How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Lavagirl
    I would try a wipe device using JL_cmder and then start DM and try the OS install again.
    The 507 error means you have no OS installed.
    Keep trying, sometimes it takes several tries to get it to work, don't panic.
    Maybe I'm missing something here.

My PC does not even recognize the device as a USB device. It doesn't even see it.

So when I run JL_cmder to do a WIPE, I get an "unable to open port". I've tried this both with and without the battery installed and done it 10 times with the same result. I've tried multiple USB ports on my laptop with it undocked from my docking station.

Still have the 507 on the screen.

Thanks.

lmguen no está en línea Stack level 1

Ok, I have 8700c, same issues as everyone else. My bad though, I installed an improper app without knowing about the possible failure. So I have the hourglass/dark screen in a loop every 15-20 seconds. I tried all the steps in the first post but I'm stucked at 6. I won't get any USB PIN nor detect. I 've installed uninstalled dm a few times and I've tried with 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2 and I'm now confused about which one to use!! Nothing happens with jl_cmder with option 5 - wipe. XP does see the BB. I've never ever got to any error message whatsoever. Any idea about what I should try, put it on the ground and jump with both my feet on it??? One last thing, I'm on a mac with Parallel Desktop, but like I said XP sees the BB.

Thanks in advance!

nick1410 no está en línea Stack level 1

what happens if you did not put the battery back in (when i read it i misunderstood when to put it on now it just blinks 2 red leds constantly and doesnt do anything

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by nick1410
    what happens if you did not put the battery back in (when i read it i misunderstood when to put it on now it just blinks 2 red leds constantly and doesnt do anything
    Do it again. If the screen is black and the red led goes blink blink, space space, blink blink. It means there si not OS on the device. Run through it again. And remember patience.

datboylilchris no está en línea Stack level 1

HOw come att the end it says "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation" Why does it say that?

Do it again and when you go through it and it gives the option to auto back up and restore make sure you uncheck that option and if it lets you select erase all currently installed applications select that one.

FernandoCepeda no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    205B2C28

I keep getting error 543. I tried installing without the battery once but it didn't prompt to backup, It said unable to conect during multistage.... Then I tried again this time I replaced the bat when app loader was trying to restart the device and it was able to finish. Then after 10min hourglass and 3 restarts it gives me 543 again. Anyone knows how to delete fixups and persistent (DLFX and DLPS) through VM?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by FernandoCepeda View Post
    I keep getting error 543. I tried installing without the battery once but it didn't prompt to backup, It said unable to conect during multistage.... Then I tried again this time I replaced the bat when app loader was trying to restart the device and it was able to finish. Then after 10min hourglass and 3 restarts it gives me 543 again. Anyone knows how to delete fixups and persistent (DLFX and DLPS) through VM?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    so i have scoured the web trying to find this and i came up with next to nothing.
    From Rim
    BlackBerry device shows error 543

Doc ID : KB11212
    Last Modified : 2007-05-17
    Document Type : Support

Print this page

Environment

• BlackBerry® devices
    • BlackBerry 6230
    • BlackBerry Pearl™ 8100 smartphone
    • BlackBerry 8700 Series

Problem

Error 543 appears on the BlackBerry device Home screen.

Resolution

1. Open BlackBerry Desktop Software.
    2. Open the Application Loader to uninstall and reinstall BlackBerry Device Software on your BlackBerry device. For more information, see KB03621.
    3. If the problem is not resolved, delete all data from your BlackBerry device. For more information, see KB02318.
    4. Use the Application Loader to reload BlackBerry Device Software on your BlackBerry device. For more information, see KB11320.

Do you have a backup file fairly recent? If so try reloading that using an advanced restore to restore only the data and see if that will keep the issue from coming back.

ramadantis no está en línea Stack level 1

i did all the steps that you gave me and it doesn t boot the errror 507,i want know if there is another way to do it
    bueno pa el desbloqueo..;)..

duro.. pa´lante.... soy de colombia....

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by ramadantis View Post
    i did all the steps that you gave me and it doesn t boot the errror 507,i want know if there is another way to do it

507 should show when there is nothing loaded on your BB. Have you gotten to the point in the process where you can reload the OS?

Bla1ze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ya..NO!

This thread just brought my curve back to life, although their was a slight difference, I never had to remove my battery, I just left it in and it worked better, I tryed 4 times without the battery and it didn't work, once with the battery and it kicked back to life.

daver10965 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi folks I'm a BB noobie. I recently dropped my pearl in the toilet ...i took it apart blow dried it put it back together came on saying "low battery" and eventually i was getting a solid red light and the hour glass.....as of now the solid red light comes and goes and no screen at all. I've tried the steps in thebeginning of this thread but everytime i try to do connection settings it can't find my device and it is never even recognized by my comp.......please help.....is it totally trashed?

Landballs no está en línea Stack level 1

I can't seem to get the javaloader anywhere anyone have any ideas?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by Landballs View Post
    I can't seem to get the javaloader anywhere anyone have any ideas?
    Landballs -- its in downloads under utilities.

Jenselense no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi,
    i have the, obviously well known, problem of an eternal Hourglass-Loop...
    But all the tipps from this thread didn't work with my 8700v!:-(
    I have installed the necessary software and proceeded step by step. The Problem is: my (winXP-)PC recognizes the connection to my bb, but exactly when I try to connect to it with the DM, he loses the connection...
    Java Loader says that he was not able to open a port...
    Has anyone an idea?
    Thanks in advance.
    jens

LinkBacks (?)