Page 23 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Help! I am not new to the forum and have updated my BB 8700c several ... Handheld Guides forum

lawizard no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242965bf

Re: How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected

Advertisement

Help! I am not new to the forum and have updated my BB 8700c several times with no problem. I updated to the new TMO 4.2.107 and it worked fine for a couple of days. Today, I tried installing a new piece of software that I had bought (handango) and it showed Error 543. So I went to the Error 543 page and have tried that fix three times. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my desktop and device software and deleted out the vendor xlm. I have tried the connection procedure outlined in this thread several times and cannot get the computer to see my bb. I also cannot get JLCmdr to wipe or even see my bb. I cann't get past the first step because when I ask for it to detect my device, it doesn't. What now.

Oh yeah, one more thing. I don't have a white screen with hour glass because my bb won't turn on....just blinking red light.
    Last edited by lawizard; 10-04-2007 at 04:04 PM.
    So many gadgets, so little time. Sigh!

Lawizard

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro

I had a similar problem with my 8700c. While I was updating to 4.2 my BB just stopped uloading the software and was not longer detected by my computer. I tried all kinds of methods but my bb had the blackscreen with red blinking light. JL Cmdr would never find it, you name it nothing worked. :cry:

I finally ended up getting a replacement device from cingular, mine was still under warrenty. My new device worked fine when I upgraded to 4.2 using the same procedure and I haven't had any more problems.
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

Follow me on Twitter!

drrx8 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks to all who posted on this thread! It really helped me out with my BB7100.

drrx8

jamamapun no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi every1, just want to thank this community, it's such a great help to BB users worldwide. I am from the Philippines, and last week end I got a JVM Error 102 on my BB pearl, which made me panicked at first, but when I came across the step-by-step fix inside pinstack, I became confident that I could fix the problem. And after a while, I got my fone running again.

Thank you so much guys...

Hi every1, just want to thank this community, it's such a great help to BB users worldwide. I am from the Philippines, and last week end I got a JVM Error 102 on my BB pearl, which made me panicked at first, but when I came across the step-by-step fix inside pinstack, I became confident that I could fix the problem. And after a while, I got my fone running again.

Thank you so much guys...
    Last edited by jamamapun; 10-05-2007 at 04:12 AM. Reason: Automerged.

afg_afghan no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks alote bro this walthrough helped me alote my phone had the same problem for a week i tried every thing but didnt work out but this walktrough helped me alote now my phone is back and works perfect thanks again

oiheme no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2423663D

You know I wish these instructions worked for me as easily as it worked for a lot of you. Let me start by stating that I have followed all instructions given and nothing has worked. The problem with my phone is that i dont believe it is wiping at all. I have tried this every which way and still no luck. I dont get the error 507 which is what i should be getting when my phone has been wiped. Through jlcmder my device wont detect. When i try the *c"\javaloader -usb wipe* command i get a port error. Finally, when i try it all through DM, I get as far as my phone trying to reconnect and eventually get the multi load error. So i think im pretty much done with the BB pearl. Im fed up with it at this point. This is my second phone and it was a replacement phone because my first one had a ear speaker problem. I have to say I am truly amazed that so many people have reported issues with the pearl. This was supposed to be a great phone but for it to malfunction so much is truly staggering. The saddest thing is that no one at RIM or T-Mobile can help with any of these issues. So long Pearl, bring on th Curve!

ivancoder no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by oiheme
    You know I wish these instructions worked for me as easily as it worked for a lot of you. Let me start by stating that I have followed all instructions given and nothing has worked. The problem with my phone is that i dont believe it is wiping at all. I have tried this every which way and still no luck. I dont get the error 507 which is what i should be getting when my phone has been wiped. Through jlcmder my device wont detect. When i try the *c"\javaloader -usb wipe* command i get a port error. Finally, when i try it all through DM, I get as far as my phone trying to reconnect and eventually get the multi load error. So i think im pretty much done with the BB pearl. Im fed up with it at this point. This is my second phone and it was a replacement phone because my first one had a ear speaker problem. I have to say I am truly amazed that so many people have reported issues with the pearl. This was supposed to be a great phone but for it to malfunction so much is truly staggering. The saddest thing is that no one at RIM or T-Mobile can help with any of these issues. So long Pearl, bring on th Curve!
    I have exactly the same problem - it looks like a lot of people had exactly this problem - (I have a 7100g and am using the Desktop v4.2 sp2 software) - please, please let us know if there is a way out of the reboot cycle of death.

cboy351 no está en línea Stack level 1

i had the same problem and was following the first post but did click finish button by accident/ now it doesn't recogized the pin anymore.

Petpolarbear no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm new to pinstack and uncertain how to approach assistance. I have an 8100 with the screen reading JVM error 545 Incompatabile or corrupt file system then the option to scroll for available commands. Do you know which command I should pick or does it even matter? Thanks in advance.

chuyoung no está en línea Stack level 1

i want to thank you guys for hthe being losers that you are. you have solved my problem. if it wasn't for the awkard compassion you have for others that share a stupid common interest such as owning a blackberry I would have never resovled my issue. thank you my people, now go run find a life beyond your phone

jonas1968 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi, im from philippines .

I am trying to reload the OS. I get to the last step and get this error text:

A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.
    Device communications error encountered. [A:0x0000000E]

Now there's an hour glass and red light. what should i do. pls reply anyone

pls help me....
    Last edited by ljbyar; 10-11-2007 at 05:27 PM.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)

Jonas if you follow the directions in the first post you should be fixed right up

jblackit no está en línea Stack level 1

No way to do that. My 7290 displays the "Device Error - Reset" message, I type "enter" to reset it, then for a few seconds the device is recognized by RIM DM, thus I immediately start downloading the OS, then it stops saying "communication error".

Any help?

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

You shouldn't be getting this if you are following all the steps in the first post jblackit.
    Try them again and see if it works for you. Sometimes another try is what it takes.
    Did you remove your battery while doing this?
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by Lavagirl
    You shouldn't be getting this if you are following all the steps in the first post jblackit.
    Try them again and see if it works for you. Sometimes another try is what it takes.
    Did you remove your battery while doing this?
    and at what point are you putting the battery back in jblackit?

LinkBacks (?)