Page 22 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

I've tried it once. Should I try it again?... Handheld Guides forum

jdmluvr no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected

Advertisement

I've tried it once. Should I try it again?

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Wiping with the JL Commander? I would give it at least one more try.

Im not sure if it's working right though. I dont get a message on my BB. When JL Commander says " connecting to device", it stays there for about 5 seconds and thats it. No change in the BB, still the cycle.

Well, still the same problem. I dont know what else I should do, I have the cycle of death permanently.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by jdmluvr
    Im not sure if it's working right though. I dont get a message on my BB. When JL Commander says " connecting to device", it stays there for about 5 seconds and thats it. No change in the BB, still the cycle.
    Do you get to this step: Choose option 5, wipe the device. This will delete all files - OS and data - from your BB. The BB screen will show JVM Error 507. This means the BB has no files installed.

anjipoo no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi there, I've tried to wipe my device a few times now, everytime I do it it doesn't show a confirmation or anything, and I think I've tried reintalling OS about 20 times now atleast and I'm still getting the hour-glass for a few seconds followed by the red light flashing a few times, then the hour glass again...it just keeps going, and everytime I try to re-intall the OS the same msg keeps popping up: Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation...is there anything else I can do??

dfhcanada no está en línea Stack level 1

Please Help i am scrwed here .... i followed all the steps and still my BB is unable to connect all it gives me is UNABLE TO CONNECT DEVICE i downloaded the desktop Manger 4.1 and the OS for my blackberry i am currently with bell i have a 7250. i have also tried JL Cmder and goes to the last screen and tells me the BB is unable to connect .

on the blackberry destop manger i can't go past step 6 on my connection setting. The only option their is USB AND COM1 their is no USB:PIN i tryed threw com1 and no use i tryed to put in the USB plug in when the application loader came up and clicked next and it gives me USP;PIN UNKNOWN but right after that it goes into the application loader wizard which states (device application section.... choose the application that are to be installed or removed from your device) and theirs nothing on that screen it won't let me go next only cancel and it goes back to the opening screen on the blackberry destop manger...

i don't know what to do anymore .. i am out of ideas please help

Amoraw1 no está en línea Stack level 1

I can't download the OS of 8300 from cingular. Anyone send me the file to download or give me a link which doesnt need personal information.

Thanks,

trilybyte no está en línea Stack level 1

ahh man saved my life, thanx to those whom helped.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by dfhcanada
    Please Help i am scrwed here .... i followed all the steps and still my BB is unable to connect all it gives me is UNABLE TO CONNECT DEVICE i downloaded the desktop Manger 4.1 and the OS for my blackberry i am currently with bell i have a 7250. i have also tried JL Cmder and goes to the last screen and tells me the BB is unable to connect .

on the blackberry destop manger i can't go past step 6 on my connection setting. The only option their is USB AND COM1 their is no USB:PIN i tryed threw com1 and no use i tryed to put in the USB plug in when the application loader came up and clicked next and it gives me USP;PIN UNKNOWN but right after that it goes into the application loader wizard which states (device application section.... choose the application that are to be installed or removed from your device) and theirs nothing on that screen it won't let me go next only cancel and it goes back to the opening screen on the blackberry destop manger...

i don't know what to do anymore .. i am out of ideas please help
    You still need help? It sounds like the handheld software is not loaded on the pc. You will need to download it and run it on the pc then run through the process. Post back if you still have issues.

tstensie no está en línea Stack level 1

I have followed the steps outlined for wiping and reinstalling OS. I am able to see the device, wipe and reinstall, but I do not see the step #12 about Automatic Backup, so I can't deselect that option ( I don't see it as selected, either, though). I make it through the installation of the software, but I see the device continously rebooting while in the 'Wait for device installation/Reconnecting to JVM', and then eventually I get the message 'Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation.'

Any suggestions on how to proceed? I have attempted this three times.....thanks in advance

suirad no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi, I'm having trouble with my 8100. I'm getting a 507 error and I'd like to reinstall the OS but the comp doesn't recognize my handheld. I tried the procedure at the top of the thread a few times with no luck. I'm willing to try the JL cmder link supplied above, but the website says I can't access it. I'm registered, but it says something about needing to be a "privileged" member. How do I become a "privileged" member?

speed42006 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks alot.. Amazing.. works great and saved my *** and blackberry .. guy at shop said they will have to send it to Rogers and cant fix it.. catch is make sure delete Vender.xml file otehrwise it wont work..
    Im happy guy again

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by tstensie
    I have followed the steps outlined for wiping and reinstalling OS. I am able to see the device, wipe and reinstall, but I do not see the step #12 about Automatic Backup, so I can't deselect that option ( I don't see it as selected, either, though). I make it through the installation of the software, but I see the device continously rebooting while in the 'Wait for device installation/Reconnecting to JVM', and then eventually I get the message 'Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation.'

Any suggestions on how to proceed? I have attempted this three times.....thanks in advance
    When you get to the end try advanced instead of finish and then you should get the option to erase all curruntly installed apps and do not auto backup and restore.

savrico no está en línea Stack level 1

HelpHelpHelp! I'm new to this forum, and a new BB user. Just got a refurb 8800 and have spent HOURS on the phone with tech support from AT&T, RIM and hp and no one can help me. My BB is being recognized by my comupter as a disk drive rather than a USB device - consequently I can't sync my outlook info. (emails and phone work great.)

I've done clean uninstalls and reinstalls of different BB software versions; checked the USB ports (they work fine with other devices) and the USB cord, uninstalled and reinstalled the USB drivers, and on hp's advice, downloaded and installed the Windows XP Media Center V. 5 rollup (even tho I'm running Windows XP Media Center v. 2. The BB is recognized just fine on my husband's laptop.

All the aforementioned tech support people are blaming each other's systems for the snafu and in the meantime I have no contacts or calendar to walk around with. Can someone out there help me????

LinkBacks (?)