Page 19 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thank you very much N8 and Pentace...procedure worked like a champ!... Handheld Guides forum

csniff no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected

Advertisement

Thank you very much N8 and Pentace...procedure worked like a champ!

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Javaloader didn't work for me on the 8800 and this did it. Thanks

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    Problem: When trying to re-install an operating system that constantly intializes, Desktop Manager will not recognize the device.

Solution: The following walkthough!

Thank you to Pentace for this excellent walkthough:

FYI this will work for any handheld that constantly initializes.. aka the hourglass of doom.

1. Install the desktop software.
    2. Install the handheld software. (If it is a non Vendor software.. exp. T-Mobile. search and delete the "vendor.xml" file.)
    3. Pull the battery out of your device.
    4. With the battery out connect the device to the computer.
    5. Go to Options and select "connection settings"
    6. Select USB PIN this may take a few moments since there is no battery in the device. you might even have to select detect device in some rare cases.
    7. Select the application loader icon.
    8. Select all software you want installed.
    9. Proceed to the end portion untill you see the "Finish" button.
    10. Very IMPORTANT. do not hit the finish button, instead select the ADVANCED button.
    11. Make sure both boxes are checked.
    12. Proceed until it asks you if you want to automatically back up and restore. Select DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY BACK UP MY HANDHELD.
    13. Once the process starts. take care not to bump out the cord and re-insert the battery. Again on some rare occasions you might have to wait until it finishes saying connect to insert the battery.

THIS MAY FAIL THE FIRST OR SECOND TIME DONT WORRY JUST KEEP TRYING.

If you do not get it by the 3rd time.. download the Blackberry java developers kit and install it. once installed find the javaloader.exe file and move it into the c:\ directory

Once it is under the c:\, go to start then run and type. cmd.exe

After the command prompt apears type in "c:\javaloader -usb wipe" to wipe the handheld

*The reason I have highlighted Step 13 is that this is very important to do BEFORE the DM tries to re-start your device because it WILL NOT re-intialize your device IF THE BATTERY IS NOT IN YOUR DEVICE.

thats pretty good thanks for all the help
    Bold - 5.0.0.93 / 8310 - 4.5.0.81 ---- AT&T
    8330 - 4.5.0.77 ---- Sprint

Blackberry's are a lifestyle

jeff.kaiser88@yahoo.com

brianbuy07 no está en línea Stack level 1

i need help bad ive tryed the steps to wipe out os, because it just flashes hourglass and red light over and over. I still cant get it to work. Please can someone help.??

smis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    OU812

I have the same problem I even tried to upgrade my OS but it can not get recognized by the application loader or anything it is now just a paper weight.

sunkissed no está en línea Stack level 1

I didn't have connection problems until I reintstalled OS because my media files couldn't be read. When I look at the connection settings, the DM recognizes the USB but when I detect it, my device still can't be found. Before I reinstalled OS though, whenever I was connected it wouldn't say 'USB' but it would say 'USB PIN etc.'. Now I followed all of the steps to reinstalling OS that I found in an earlier thread except it didn't complete because my device couldn't be found. All there is left to do though, really, is to restore the data that I saved on my computer back into my BB. But I'm scared my back-up data might be deleted if i un-install and then re-install my DM? Any help would be appreciated.

ArD
    ArD no está en línea Stack level 1

Okay I followed all the instructions step by step and when it is finally finished a little hour glass just sits there and spins do I have to wait for it to be done? If I don't have to wait is their something else wrong? Oh yah I got a 7100g off ebay btw.

inafix no está en línea Stack level 1

Hello everybody.
    I have 2 bb 7100t. I got one fixed thur the steps (thanks), but can't get the 2nd to go beyond "device initiaization " stage. app loader stops with "unable to reconnect to the device during a multistage load operation" any help woud be appreciated.

Esimed no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2461D81C

I've done all of this, with no change to my blackberry.
    I've wiped it clean, I've gotten it to connect long enough to reinstall the most current OS.
    It continues to reboot in a continuous cycle. The install said it was complete and successful but it has not affected my blackberry's inability to move past the looping reboot cycle.

Am I missing a step here?

I've done all of this, with no change to my blackberry.
    I've wiped it clean, I've gotten it to connect long enough to reinstall the most current OS.
    It continues to reboot in a continuous cycle. The install said it was complete and successful but it has not affected my blackberry's inability to move past the looping reboot cycle.

Am I missing a step here?
    Last edited by Esimed; 08-12-2007 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Automerged.

ajaxn2 no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks!!! This worked out really well for me. I have one user whose BB was doing this and it worked great!

gkg3059 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

It happened to me once, although my device did not show an hourglass but instead a small like rectangular box that said 503 or something. I didn't have to do all this just unpluged and did a battery pull, the reinstall again. I got pretty scared though

BK1664 no está en línea Stack level 1

hi, just thought i let you all no that i have the same probs as francis above ,( no 5 )
    and cant get it done.. cheers,BK

bigchris55 no está en línea Stack level 1

i could not get this too work without the battery in the whole time. the desktop manager would not recognize the device at all until i tried it with the battery in. once it recognized it, i was able to install the software. NOTE- there are two downloads on the verizon site, desktop manager and software for BB.

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4

Wow, i never thought I would have to use this, but I just did and it worked great! Thanks!!
    BB BOLD 9000
    TMOBILE

jokadesimunda no está en línea Stack level 1

i also need help plz hlp

my blackberry pearl is like on the loading in the begingin and it never stop somone help
    Last edited by jokadesimunda; 08-22-2007 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Automerged.

LinkBacks (?)