Page 17 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Richard is correct...Sounds like you're not putting the battery back in....Once the DM recognizes the ... Handheld Guides forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected

Advertisement

Richard is correct...Sounds like you're not putting the battery back in....Once the DM recognizes the device and begins to erase information off of it, go ahead and put the battery back in it at that point.

allen4all no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi Rcbjr,

I took a battery from a working 8800 and put it into this device. For some reason the JVM is having issues connecting.

When I run the application loader again, it goes through the entire process of deleting the OS on the handheld and reloading the OS but the JVM does not seem to connect because the unit keeps rebooting.

The blackberry PIN is also sometimes detected by the desktop manager. Not sure why the JVM has connectivity issues.

Thanks
    Allen

Hi Rcbjr,

I took the battery from a working 8800 and put it into this unit. No luck. Still same problems.

The desktop manager is sometimes even able to detect the PIN of the handheld. Also the application loader connects to the blackberry and wipes out the OS and reloads it without any issues. Only when it comes to the JVM connect screen, it fails.

Thanks
    Allen

Hi Richard,

I followed the rules given in the first post. I'm putting in the battery as soon as I click finish on the application loader. Once the OS is loaded, the unit keeps rebooting and so the application is not able to talk to the handheld any more.

Thanks
    Allen

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I'm really not sure, as I said before, I never had any problem the one time I had to use this procedure. There is always the possibility that the BB has a hardware failure.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

Lashun143g no está en línea Stack level 1

The problem I am having is that I didn't have any applications installed or backups for the device. What do I do in that instance with the JVM Error 102?

CooldudeUA no está en línea Stack level 1

Hello! I've got this problem with 8700c: the device displays this picture: img241.imageshack.us/img241/1843/070719165436px9.jpg
    While trying to reinstall the OS, the setup stops on the step "Reconnecting to JVM" and displays "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation." The device is connected to pc, under connection settings i have 23D1ABCB. Any advice?

cmdjunkie no está en línea Stack level 1

you are a genius!!!

i just purchased a used 8700c and while my other bb's i've had no issues upgrading, this one was a bi#&!

thanks again!!

kramsay1234 no está en línea Stack level 1

I am really having a hard time. I have re-installed the os and it first erases the files and then re-installs all the new. I put the battery back in while it is erasing the old. The DM says installation completed successfully, but then the bb never reboots. It just sits with the hourglass of death. It is a Telus 8703.

Why does it continue to sit on the hour glass, then go black and the red light comes on and then try again, over and over...

What am I missing? Any help would get great.

ncjl12321 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    ASK_ME

Thumbs up Re: How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected

WOO HOO!! I am up and running agian! Thanks Folks!
    Jollyroger
    Blackberry 8100

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e

im trying this now where do we delete the vendor theme i have tmobiel

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e

your guys are great this helped me too man tahnks alot guys seriously

SaberSHO no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by CooldudeUA
    Hello! I've got this problem with 8700c: the device displays this picture: img241.imageshack.us/img241/1843/070719165436px9.jpg
    While trying to reinstall the OS, the setup stops on the step "Reconnecting to JVM" and displays "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation." The device is connected to pc, under connection settings i have 23D1ABCB. Any advice?

I am having the SAME exact problem. Anyone have any ideas? Reconnecting to the JVM seems to be a no go. thanks,

SaberSHO

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

ok I am trying to find the steps needed to upgrade my pearl can smeone supply the direct link to how install the new OS!! I dont remember do I wipe the handheld?
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

tmplr no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Pls urgent help

Thanks friends i´m form ecuador y buy a blackberry 8700c yesterday i download some themes to the phone and finally the hour glass of death since today when i found this tutorial i follow exact all the steps but i have an horrible error when i conect in conection settings the bb is recognized but when i go to the aplication loader then next the port of conection is alsa recognized too but when i´m going to put next change to com1 and the message is conecting to the handheld if i see in the phone is rebooted again and only recognize when have the battery sign when i put next the telephone system reboots and appear like a port com

please what can i do
    my blackberry only have three days

please if somebody can help me this is my messenger

diepa78@hotmail.com

thnks for your help

sorry by my english

LinkBacks (?)