Page 16 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

If it said that the install was successful and the screen is blank, it might ... Handheld Guides forum

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected

Advertisement

If it said that the install was successful and the screen is blank, it might be a hardware problem. Try this. Connect you BB to you PC, open JL_Cmder and use the Screen Shot option to. Capture what the BB is attempting to display. If it is not Blank then I would say it's a hardware problem.

Let us know what happens.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

ozpearl no está en línea Stack level 1

Help!!
    I am using a BB 8100 (pearl). I am having problems with it. When I insert SIM card it reboots. and now even with/out SIM the DM or the javaloader or the PC does NOT detect the phone. ( I am using DM 4.2.2 SP2 ).
    Since I am having problems want to upgrade the OS from 4.2.0.68 to newest one 4.2.2 but I cannot wipe/reinstall/start apploader since USB not detecting.

have tried with diff cables and PCs and diff usb slots. and also tried all the steps given in the threads. ( also tried diff versions of DM and CM as well without any luck )

When I connect the usb cable the the battery-power bar displays a power code icon next to the battery bar for few seconds, so I am assuming the usb cable maybe working.

Does anyone have any suggestions.

Only I need a way for the USB to work on the pearl detection.

Please advice.

thanks

choixa no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203720E1

Yeaaaaa, my hanheld software hv problem, i download a new one, and BB is working well now
    Tks all for yr help, i love u

josueconde no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20388D1F

I used the guide to help me with Error 507 on my 8700c. One change i did the 1st load without the battery, and it didnt work. On the second try i had the battery in it and it worked. Thanks for all the help.

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846

My Desktop Manager crashes everytime I open it after wiping my device with JL Cmder.
    Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should try next?

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846

Nevermind, a simple reinstall of Desktop Manager and everything is in working order again!

allen4all no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi There,

My 8800 does not boot up. The red LED on the right top corner of the handheld keeps blinking. It blinks twice, pauses for like 2 seconds and then blinks twice again.

When I connected it to my laptop which already had the blackberry desktop manager installed, windows automatically detected that I had connected a blackberry and installed the drivers automatically. But the desktop manager does not detect the handheld. I tried the javaloader application also but nothing happened. Please help.

Thanks
    Allen

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Did you follow The instructions in the first post of this thread carefully a,d try multiple times?

Rcbjr

Hi Rcbjr,

I have a unlocked Cingular 8800 device which I picked up from mobilecityonline.com. I'm not able to get the Cingular OS for this. I checked the blackberry website and they have the link to download the file but the file is not there. I tried it with another OS but the application loader says that the OS is incompatible. I also combed around in pinstack but not able to find the right OS. Is there any place where I can download the OS from which will be compatible with the Cingular handheld.

Thanks
    Allen

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Is this the link you used for Cingular?
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4

I just tried and the 8800 OS is there.

Hi there,

the blackberry model is listed there but once you go through the form and fill in your details and agree to the copyright, it takes you to a page with the download button but the file size there is 0 bytes. When I click the download button nothing gets downloaded.

Thanks
    Allen

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Yeah I went all the way through and I saw the file size says 0000, but when I hit download it starts downloading...and says 64mb file size...

What browser are you using, have you tried another OS from that link?

Hey.. Thank you so much for your help. I've been trying it from this morning and the save as window would appear for a second and disappear. I thought this was happening since the file size was 0 bytes. I just tried the download button again and now the file is getting downloaded.

Your help is much appreciated. I've been struggling with this device for the last 48 hours but haven't made any progress.

I will follow the steps given by Haden and Rcbjr and try to load this OS.

Thank you once again.

Regards
    Allen
    PS. Download is in progress right now. :-)

Hi there,

I downloaded the files and I uploaded the OS into the blackberry.

During the 2nd step of "wait for device initialization", it says reconnecting to JVM and then gives me the error unable to reconnect to the device during a multi stage load operation.

During this time, the unit keeps restarting continuously. I get a red led on the right top corner and then I get a window with an hour glass for about 15 seconds and then goes back to the red LED and I get the hour glass again.

I tried the application loader again. It wiped out the handset and uploaded the OS. But still the same thing keeps repeating.

Thanks
    Allen
    Last edited by allen4all; 07-11-2007 at 09:35 AM.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I think that may be the point where you need to replace the battery. Not sure though. The one time I had to use this procedure it worked just fine following the directions in post 1.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr

LinkBacks (?)