Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

i got the same error code on my 7290 device error 365... Handheld Guides forum

jackis no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected

Advertisement

i got the same error code on my 7290
    device error 365

wabashtw0 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

going through and reloading 4.2.0.64 from tmobile on my pearl. worked like a charm, even though I left the battery in.

darkmeth no está en línea Stack level 1

Hello-First let me start by thanking all of you for contributing to this site. The content is very useful!

Second-I have a BB 8800 that started doing the reset loop a couple of days ago. Today I connected it to the desktop Manager and it would not detect it. I selected the apploader and it detected the device and identified the PIN. I followed the wizard up until the point where it asked for the device password. I wasn't sure if I would be able to recover the data so I purposely entered the incorrect password 10 times. The apploader advised me that it was wiping the device. When it finished, the LED would blink twice every so many seconds. I disconnected it from my PC, removed the battery, re-instered it and tested it. Now the device does not turn on, the LED remains red for almost a minute and then it starts to blink twice every so many seconds. I tried walking through the solutions provided using the Java app, and the App Loader via cmd but I can't get the device to be detected no matter what I do. I don't think it's a harsware failure and feel like I"m very close to bringing it back to life. Am I missing something? I appreciate any assistance and/or guidance. Thank you!

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

keep trying a few have said they had to do the cycle up to ten times
    hope this is of assistance
    Last edited by kayos72; 06-20-2007 at 09:39 AM.
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro

Thumbs down Re: How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected

Quote Originally Posted by darkmeth
    Hello-First let me start by thanking all of you for contributing to this site. The content is very useful!

Second-I have a BB 8800 that started doing the reset loop a couple of days ago. Today I connected it to the desktop Manager and it would not detect it. I selected the apploader and it detected the device and identified the PIN. I followed the wizard up until the point where it asked for the device password. I wasn't sure if I would be able to recover the data so I purposely entered the incorrect password 10 times. The apploader advised me that it was wiping the device. When it finished, the LED would blink twice every so many seconds. I disconnected it from my PC, removed the battery, re-instered it and tested it. Now the device does not turn on, the LED remains red for almost a minute and then it starts to blink twice every so many seconds. I tried walking through the solutions provided using the Java app, and the App Loader via cmd but I can't get the device to be detected no matter what I do. I don't think it's a harsware failure and feel like I"m very close to bringing it back to life. Am I missing something? I appreciate any assistance and/or guidance. Thank you!
    I am having a similar problem when updating to the 4.2 os for my 8700c. It asked for the security password and I entered it, but it never moved past this screen. I canceled the update but now the red led light blinks twice and the DM will not recognize it with or without the battery. HELP

Edit: I've connected it to my pc w/o the battery and tried using JL_CMDER but still no joy.
    Last edited by jrockett; 06-20-2007 at 11:09 AM.

darkmeth no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by kayos72
    keep trying a few have said they had to do the cycle up to ten times
    hope this is of assistance
    Well, that's just it.. As soon as I plug the 8800 to the USB cable, the LED lights up RED for about a minute an then it starts to double-blink continously. It's obvious that some type of power is being sent to the device via the USB cable but something is preventing it from being detected by any application. I know that it's not the port nor the cable but there is something that I'm missing here because I'm very close to bringing it back to life. If I remove and replace the battery while the device is plugged-in, it doesn't do anything but the LED remains on for about a minute and then it starts to blink.. Isn't there a way to force connect to the device via DM or Apploader? I've heard of this but I haven't been able to find instructions to do this.. Help!

kinkade no está en línea Stack level 1

Ok, i have an 8700c and the os has been deleted and i am trying to load telefonica as i now live in south america, i've gone throught the whole process about ten times and everytime i get to the Updating Your Device screen and all the way to the load Java Application segement(device initialization and everything goes fine), about halfway through actually loading the applications the message jvm 535 pops up on the screen of my blackberry again and the installation hangs, anyone got any ideas. I am using desktop 4.2 but that doesn't seem to be a problem so far.

i'm sorry if this has already been mentioned but i spent all last night checking the forum and i couldn't find anything

Cheers

ckburg no está en línea Stack level 1

So glad I found this forum. The fix worked like a charm. Thanks bunches

venomoussvt no está en línea Stack level 1

ok guys I didnt see this issue in the thread so its time for me to actually make a post and ask a question. I have used this thread numerous times and fixed around 10 BB's using your advice.

Now I have a different bb issue. I get in a cycle:
    device error 318
    JVM error 523
    RTC ocillator failure.

I can assure you I am no BB noob as I am the BB manager at my office with around 45 phone I am responsible for. I have tried the several methods to wipe the handheld and/or to reinstall the software itself but I cannot connect anything to my device.

JLcmder --> has always been my savior but this time it errors and cannot connect to my device. I have cycled the device around 30-40 times while constantly refreshing trying to connect and nothing has worked.

can someone offer and suggestions?

thanks,
    Travis
    Charlotte NC

rustedteg no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi guys, this post helped me before with my 7100. But I'm having trouble with my 8800. First off, everytime I put a battery or connect it in my pc, there's a battery logo with a / on it. I tried the method posted here, but always end up with this: Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

trufatty no está en línea Stack level 1

when i followed the instructions in at the top of page it all goes well, but when the device restarts i just get the white screen with an hour glass. how long do it take and should i just keep redoing it till it works?
    Last edited by EvolutionCSR; 07-04-2007 at 01:33 PM.

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by trufatty
    when i followed the instructions in at the top of page it all goes well, but when the device restarts i just get the white screen with an hour glass. how long do it take and should i just keep redoing it till it works?
    It can take a few times, does the whole loading operation finish... then you get a white screen? Is the hourglass going too? If the hourglass is going just wait.

romin88742 no está en línea Stack level 1

you r da man. this helped me a lot

legirons no está en línea Stack level 1

just a quick note to thank you. Mine was all buggered up, hour glass running all the time, my IT guys were going to schedule hours to work on it, read your post and fixed it myself! They all want to know how I did it, I'll tell them eventually, but it sure is nice knowing something they don't! You made me look smarter than them and they hate that

Well, I should have quit while I was ahead! Went to load the task manager software and followed the steps exactly as I did the time it worked, now it seems to be hanging on the waiting for device initialization portion. At what point are you guys sticking the battery back in?
    Last edited by legirons; 07-05-2007 at 06:58 PM. Reason: added info

choixa no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203720E1

Hi guys,
    My BB is 7100t with problem "white screen". I had reinstalled OS v4.1 exactly with yr guild (13 steps), it informed that: the upgrade is succesfully but screen is still WHITE with a sand-clock.
    I had load JL_cmder and javaloader - usb wipe, then : BB display: error 507 >>> i tried upgrade BB again ( 13 steps) by DM, no error orccured but screen still white.
    HOW CAN I DO NOW , help me plsss

LinkBacks (?)